steveishere
9 years ago

As in they tried to rush him back from injury, or that he wasn't ready to play OLB, having played DE in college?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Considering he looked good as an OLB before he got hurt last year probably the 1st one.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

As in they tried to rush him back from injury, or that he wasn't ready to play OLB, having played DE in college?

He was rushed to the field before being ready physically from his injury.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

He was rushed to the field before being ready physically from his injury.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

They did that to Clay last year too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
9 years ago
Matthews problem has always been hamstrings. I always suspected insufficient stretching.

Perry has used up a lot of the team's patience. Neal has used up a lot of his "potential."

Ted doesn't put up with this long. Both these guys could be getting the injury settlement and release instead of IR if injury problems become serious or continuous (this season).

blank
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

Matthews problem has always been hamstrings. I always suspected insufficient stretching.

Perry has used up a lot of the team's patience. Neal has used up a lot of his "potential."

Ted doesn't put up with this long. Both these guys could be getting the injury settlement and release instead of IR if injury problems become serious or continuous (this season).

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

Ted isn't going to waste money cutting a guy they see as having potential because of an injury. They are on their rookie contracts. It is too cheap to let them try and get healthy providing the COACHES see their potential. Regardless of what WE see in broadcast video of games.

Perry and Neal would be playing if it were a regular season game tomorrow. Having them on the pup for camp means little. It gives the young guys more reps and they can be activated at any time.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
sschind
9 years ago

Ted isn't going to waste money cutting a guy they see as having potential because of an injury. They are on their rookie contracts. It is too cheap to let them try and get healthy providing the COACHES see their potential. Regardless of what WE see in broadcast video of games.

Perry and Neal would be playing if it were a regular season game tomorrow. Having them on the pup for camp means little. It gives the young guys more reps and they can be activated at any time.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

You can't be put on the PUP list when the regular season starts if you are not on it at the start of training camp so the pre season PUP list is just a CYA thing. The PUP list is so teams can't stash a bunch of guys that get injured late in TC but not with season ending injuries. That's why you see guys with nagging injuries placed on it before camp. If they can't shake them they can be placed on the list for the regular season and save the roster spot. It also means that the Packers must be very confident that Matthews thumb will be fine or they would have covered their behinds with that as well.

DoddPower
9 years ago

He has had that issue every year. But the question is, other than the broken thumb, how many games
has he missed due to injuries?
6 in 5 years. 2 years he missed 0 games due to injuries. He missed 1 game in 2010 and 4 in 2012.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

How many games has Clay missed the past two seasons? And how effective has he been during all of those games? He didn't seem nearly as effective to me with the big club on his hand, understandably so.

Personally, I care more about recent history, specifically the past two maybe three seasons. Looking back four to five seasons doesn't mean much to me in terms of injuries because things change so much with time. Some players may never be the same after an injury or two.

I'm not dogging the guy. I'm a huge fan of him. I think he's a great player. But he's being paid to be on the field, and I just think he hasn't been on the field enough the past two seasons and even when he has been on the field recently, his injury obviously limited him. Hopefully things will be different in 2014.
steveishere
9 years ago

How many games has Clay missed the past two seasons? And how effective has he been during all of those games? He didn't seem nearly as effective to me with the big club on his hand, understandably so.

Personally, I care more about recent history, specifically the past two maybe three seasons. Looking back four to five seasons doesn't mean much to me in terms of injuries because things change so much with time. Some players may never be the same after an injury or two.

I'm not dogging the guy. I'm a huge fan of him. I think he's a great player. But he's being paid to be on the field, and I just think he hasn't been on the field enough the past two seasons and even when he has been on the field recently, his injury obviously limited him. Hopefully things will be different in 2014.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

He may have missed a few games in 2012 but he still had 13 sacks and made a huge difference on the season overall and was healthy for the playoffs. When a player is injured as much as he was last year that's a problem but you shouldn't discount the kind of season and impact he had in 2012 just because he missed a couple games, that's bound to happen for any player. People are acting like 2012 was just a throw away year for him or something because he wasn't healthy for 16 games.
nerdmann
9 years ago

He may have missed a few games in 2012 but he still had 13 sacks and made a huge difference on the season overall and was healthy for the playoffs. When a player is injured as much as he was last year that's a problem but you shouldn't discount the kind of season and impact he had in 2012 just because he missed a couple games, that's bound to happen for any player. People are acting like 2012 was just a throw away year for him or something because he wasn't healthy for 16 games.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

When a player is "injured as much as he was," that's one thing.

But when he came back too early and re-broke his thumb, trying to help the team, that's NOT a problem. He knew Aaron was down and the team was on the ropes. We needed him. So he came back before he was ready.

Fuck you if you have a problem with that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

When a player is "injured as much as he was," that's one thing.

But when he came back too early and re-broke his thumb, trying to help the team, that's NOT a problem. He knew Aaron was down and the team was on the ropes. We needed him. So he came back before he was ready.

Fuck you if you have a problem with that.

Ease up there big tough internet guy. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.