Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:17:25 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

I have had Direct Tv since 2010 and I love them. Ok let me tell you why, ever since I was up with my 2 year contract I have gotten discounts after discounts to keep me with them and I have never paid for NFL Sunday ticket. Well my discounts were just up on July 5th so I made my yearly call to the retention center. This year they offered me my usual discounts which has me paying $50 a month for the medium package and then she shocked me and offered me Sunday Ticket Max. I was like ok that works thank you very much. So this year I get max for free, hopefully Kevin can find a good place to stream the games. I have 15MB upload speed so there won't be any lag hopefully. SO you folks with Direct tv that are up with there contract just call up and say the retention center said they would work with keeping you and once they transfer just ask them what they will offer to keep you.

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
porky88 on 7/28/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:00:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,896
Applause Received: 1,407

we have had them for years. Usually get the last part of the NFL season. Sometimes the various movie channel packages. It is amazing how few quality movies are on the various HBO and Showtime channels.

The only thing I don't like about the FL package is they should let you watch replays of any game at any time. The technology is there. NFL Inc and the networks don't want to let you have it without paying even more.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:05:37 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,892
Applause Received: 2,089

Kevin has no clue what you are talking about.

DirecTV is garbage. Piss poor picture quality too!
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2014 7:29:46 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
we have had them for years. Usually get the last part of the NFL season. Sometimes the various movie channel packages. It is amazing how few quality movies are on the various HBO and Showtime channels.

The only thing I don't like about the FL package is they should let you watch replays of any game at any time. The technology is there. NFL Inc and the networks don't want to let you have it without paying even more.


WPR

They actually have it now where you can watch replays on demand minus the commercials, it is on the Sunday Ticket Max which I am getting free this year.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 7/21/2014(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 9:55:30 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I have had Direct Tv since 2010 and I love them. Ok let me tell you why, ever since I was up with my 2 year contract I have gotten discounts after discounts to keep me with them and I have never paid for NFL Sunday ticket. Well my discounts were just up on July 5th so I made my yearly call to the retention center. This year they offered me my usual discounts which has me paying $50 a month for the medium package and then she shocked me and offered me Sunday Ticket Max. I was like ok that works thank you very much. So this year I get max for free, hopefully Kevin can find a good place to stream the games. I have 15MB upload speed so there won't be any lag hopefully. SO you folks with Direct tv that are up with there contract just call up and say the retention center said they would work with keeping you and once they transfer just ask them what they will offer to keep you.

I've also done this every since 2010. Sometimes they charge $35 per month, but last year I got it for free for upping my contract for another year. I hope I'm not knocking on wood, as I'm calling this week, but I've never paid full price for Sunday Ticket.
Offline nyrpack  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:18:09 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 50

sounds like great deals to me !!
jimmy b.
Offline Yerko  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:47:30 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 238

How did you pull that off? I have been with DirecTv since 2009 and they also lace up some solid deals for me each year when my other deals come to an end. This year though sucked majorly compared to last year.

Last year I received Starz, HBO and Showtime for free for two months and Sunday Ticket. I called this year because you had to actually cancel Sunday Ticket or they bill you the following year. I ended up having to get rid of one of my receivers and dropping to the choice package (had choice xtra) and somehow, I am still paying $5 more than I did last year.

They really stuck it to me this year and I had no fight in me.

Edit- they did give me Showtime for free again (2 months) but for once, I think I really got the short hand in the deal this year and I am paying $80+ a month.

What package are you paying $50 for?
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:10:41 AM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
How did you pull that off? I have been with DirecTv since 2009 and they also lace up some solid deals for me each year when my other deals come to an end. This year though sucked majorly compared to last year.

Last year I received Starz, HBO and Showtime for free for two months and Sunday Ticket. I called this year because you had to actually cancel Sunday Ticket or they bill you the following year. I ended up having to get rid of one of my receivers and dropping to the choice package (had choice xtra) and somehow, I am still paying $5 more than I did last year.

They really stuck it to me this year and I had no fight in me.

Edit- they did give me Showtime for free again (2 months) but for once, I think I really got the short hand in the deal this year and I am paying $80+ a month.

What package are you paying $50 for?

Usually, they want you to renew your contract with them. We got free HD (for 12 months), free NFL Sunday Ticket, and a free genie upgrade because we renewed our contract for two years. Our older contract was expiring, though, so we could have just left without them charging us any hidden fees. The contract is your leverage. Always try to talk to the retention department. They seem to have more authorization to wheel and deal, though I think AT&T owns DirectTV now, so I don't know if any changes are coming.
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:59:08 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
How did you pull that off? I have been with DirecTv since 2009 and they also lace up some solid deals for me each year when my other deals come to an end. This year though sucked majorly compared to last year.

Last year I received Starz, HBO and Showtime for free for two months and Sunday Ticket. I called this year because you had to actually cancel Sunday Ticket or they bill you the following year. I ended up having to get rid of one of my receivers and dropping to the choice package (had choice xtra) and somehow, I am still paying $5 more than I did last year.

They really stuck it to me this year and I had no fight in me.

Edit- they did give me Showtime for free again (2 months) but for once, I think I really got the short hand in the deal this year and I am paying $80+ a month.

What package are you paying $50 for?


I have the plus package with 3 tvs and I have no contract with them which is leverage and also I have my phone and internet thru comcast which offers a triple play package I always threaten to switch tAngel

Like Porky said always talk to the retention center
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline macbob  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 8:11:08 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 288
Applause Received: 237

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I have the plus package with 3 tvs and I have no contract with them which is leverage and also I have my phone and internet thru comcast which offers a triple play package I always threaten to switch tAngel

Like Porky said always talk to the retention center


I would also echo the 'talk to the retention center'. The regular guys who talk to you on the phone sometimes will get commissions from selling you new stuff.

Yerko's experience sounds a little similar to one I had a few years ago, when I changed my service to lower my costs, but lost my phone number. Turned out the customer service guy was on commission and earned one when I got a new phone line/number (and wouldn't have by just porting my old number over). By the time I found out I was losing the number it was already released, and there was no way to get it back.
UserPostedImage
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
14m / Random Babble / dfosterf

24m / Random Babble / dfosterf

25m / Random Babble / musccy

28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / evad04

48m / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Random Babble / dfosterf

1h / Around The NFL / Smokey

2h / Welcome to our Community! / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bozz_2006

4h / Random Babble / Wade

5h / Random Babble / Wade


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.