Zero2Cool
9 years ago
What are the chances Eddie Lacy becomes nothing more than a one year wonder, much like Trend Richardson? Here's the numbers for their rookie years.

Trent Richardson
att = 267
yds = 950
td = 11
long = 32
avg = 3.6
rec = 51
recYds = 367
recTd = 1
fumble = 3

Eddie Lacy
att = 284
yds = 1,178
td = 11
long = 60
avg = 4.1
rec = 35
recYds = 257
recTd = 0
fumble = 1
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago
Richardson is more like a 0 year wonder. That's not a great comparison. At that rate of his rookie year it would have taken Richardson 327 carries to equal the yards that Lacy had.

Besides statistics though Trent has never really shown to have good vision while Lacy seems to have excellent vision. Lacy also has Rodgers back so he should have it easy. I see no reason to think he'll plummet and be anywhere near as bad as Richardson was last year.
nerdmann
9 years ago
I'm not writing Richardson off yet. Let's see how he looks this year.

As for Lacy, he's the type of runner that will run hard and leave it all on the field for 4 years. Then he'll begin his decline, due to nagging injuries and being worn down due to his running style. But then you never know. He's got some decent blockers in front of him, so maybe he'll last 6.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Richardson is more like a 0 year wonder. That's not a great comparison. At that rate of his rookie year it would have taken Richardson 327 carries to equal the yards that Lacy had.

Besides statistics though Trent has never really shown to have good vision while Lacy seems to have excellent vision. Lacy also has Rodgers back so he should have it easy. I see no reason to think he'll plummet and be anywhere near as bad as Richardson was last year.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

The comparison is drawn from both being from Alabama and having similar statistics. Although, Richardson didn't have the benefit of playing with a MVP type QB for a good portion of his rookie season.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
9 years ago
The one comparison I can draw from this was how much of a workhorse both were for their teams in their first seasons. Trent, by default, didn't have a choice. He was the Browns star player. The Browns never did anything to help him out when season 2 rolled around and then they shipped him off to a new team, leading to a dismal season (I don't think that will be the case for him this season). Lacy became the workhorse of the Packers because he had to when Rodgers went down and like Trent, he was successful.

I think Lacy is an overall, better runningback than Trent. He has better vision and footwork and while they both have a similar running style (bruiser), that is not *all* Lacy relies on. With Rodgers healthy, a nice receiving group and a healthy offensive line, I think Lacy jumps the hurdle of a second year slump.

Maybe he doesn't meet or exceed his numbers this season but that would be because he doesn't have to. I wouldn't consider it a disappointment if that's the case.
UserPostedImage
StarrMax1
9 years ago
Comparing Ingram, Richardson, and Lacy as of now I would say Green bay has the best of the 3. (Hope it's allright to throw Ingram in to the mix)

Don't know if Eddie will get the touches he did last year, but with a healthy Rodgers all year,and with the O-line all playing together another year, his YPA should increase.

The one big advantage Lacy has over Richardson is playing in a stable environment.

Lacy has said it himself, it took awhile for the game to slow down for him, and with a year under his belt, he can now just react and not think and worry about making mistakes.

Richardson may show all his talent this year, being he is basically like Lacy and going into his 2nd year with The Colts.

steveishere
9 years ago

The comparison is drawn from both being from Alabama and having similar statistics. Although, Richardson didn't have the benefit of playing with a MVP type QB for a good portion of his rookie season.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Lacy still averaged 83 yards a game without Rodgers, it's not like he just got some huge boost playing with Aaron, he was good regardless (they really only played 5 games together). Lacy actually had almost as many runs that went for 10+ yards as Richardson had runs that went for a first down (29-39) and he had way more first downs overall (61). Lacy was simply much much better so there's absolutely no reason to believe they'd have a similar career arc.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I hope Lacy is not Richardson. Richardson appears to be a big time bust. He has Luck and that fast track at Lucas Oil but doesn't look real slick there. I doubt Trent Richardson has any type of resurgence this year.

Lacy's perceived lack of love for the game is what worries me. That was a knock on him coming into the NFL that he didn't love the game. Now, he's had a relatively successful rookie campaign. How much does he want to try to be better? Will the toe become an issue in the near future? How much will the center position impact him this season...will Tretter or Linsley be an upgrade from EDS? Will our tackle spots improve or decline the run blocking? How will the TE position affect the running game?

It certainly is not guaranteed Lacy is as good as he was last year but he could also be better depending on which way his attitude goes and how much the line improves or declines.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
9 years ago
No one who sees him play would question his love for the game, imo. In fact, I've never heard that about him. The rap on him coming into the league was his foot and his injury history. He gets banged up, but he keeps playing. But people questioned whether the foot would hold up.

So far it hasn't been an issue, unlike Cedric Benson's foot.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago

No one who sees him play would question his love for the game, imo. In fact, I've never heard that about him. The rap on him coming into the league was his foot and his injury history. He gets banged up, but he keeps playing. But people questioned whether the foot would hold up.

So far it hasn't been an issue, unlike Cedric Benson's foot.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Read this from NFL.com. Lacy, himself, will not evoke strong confidence that he loves football when you're done reading.

It is always amazing how much of a disconnect there is sometimes between perception and reality.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217893/article/eddie-lacy-scouts-questioned-my-passion-for-football 

Heck, some won't read it just because I posted the link...Here is what he had to say when he was telling about scouts questioning his passion for the game from NFL.com

Asked if football has ever brought him true joy, Lacy replied, "It has its moments, I guess you could say. It was a lot better for me (in Gretna, La.), though. Football is not what it was to me in high school now."

EDIT: Here's some more alarming stuff regarding Lacy from NationalFootballPost.com:

*Numerous front office men say there were not surprised to see Eddie Lacy fall to the Packers at the end of the second round. The more NFL teams looked at him, the more faults they saw. Lacy was knocked for poor work habits, lack of speed, durability concerns, a limited body of work and running style.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.