dfosterf
9 years ago
My illegal wars since WWII. I am missing parts of my body that I would like to have. I am missing friends I would like to have. I am missing very disgruntled former wives and our children I would like to have. My body usually gets over it, as do the wives, perhaps not the kids, but I regret very little. I served with honor to my country and where I was at, and so did my contemporaries and subordinates. My memories are full of very impressise people I would have not seen in another circumstance. Most do not have that gift.

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.

Ronald Reagan

This Marine doesn't have that problem.
DakotaT
9 years ago

My illegal wars since WWII. I am missing parts of my body that I would like to have. I am missing friends I would like to have. I am missing very disgruntled former wives and our children I would like to have. My body usually gets over it, as do the wives, perhaps not the kids, but I regret very little. I served with honor to my country and where I was at, and so did my contemporaries and subordinates. My memories are full of very impressise people I would have not seen in another circumstance. Most do not have that gift.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Funny how you never post why We were justified and righteous to unload our War Machine on those impoverished people. Still waiting for that. Hell explain how we were righteous to take the lands we did in our own fuckin' country. Give me something, so I don't have to call people that think like you a bunch of douchebags.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 years ago

Funny how you never post why We were justified and righteous to unload our War Machine on those impoverished people. Still waiting for that. Hell explain how we were righteous to take the lands we did in our own fuckin' country. Give me something, so I don't have to call people that think like you a bunch of douchebags.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Because I cannot. How do I explain to you that when I go to a place like Cambodia that saw all of their parents killed, all of the educated killed, where kids are carrying rifles and killing everyone and apparently enjoying doing so, including drilling my best friend in high dead square in the head and popping me dead square in the chest- he dies, I lived... How do I explain shit like that to someone from North fucking Dakota who thinks this world is a television program on CNN? How do I explain that there are only a few Marines that saw the result of the killing fields because this country pulled out due to the fatigue of the Vietnam War. How do I explain that we ignored mass - genocide ? I don't think the Marines have to explain anything, I think the American people do. I have multiple examples.
DakotaT
9 years ago

Because I cannot. How do I explain to you that when I go to a place like Cambodia that saw all of their parents killed, all of the educated killed, where kids are carrying rifles and killing everyone and apparently enjoying doing so, including drilling my best friend in high dead square in the head and popping me dead square in the chest- he dies, I lived... How do I explain shit like that to someone from North fucking Dakota who thinks this world is a television program on CNN? How do I explain that there are only a few Marines that saw the result of the killing fields because this country pulled out due to the fatigue of the Vietnam War. How do I explain that we ignored mass - genocide ? I don't think the Marines have to explain anything, I think the American people do. I have multiple examples.

You cannot, because we had no business in any of those wars. We've accomplished nothing, but killing people and wasting taxpayer dollars. Everything goes right back the way it was when we pull out of the area. I don't blame soldiers mind you, just the corrupt politicians you work for.

You sell me awfully short in my knowledge of this world, but I understand you have a difficult time being needled. Go have a drink.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 years ago

You cannot, because we had no business in any of those wars. We've accomplished nothing, but killing people and wasting taxpayer dollars. Everything goes right back the way it was when we pull out of the area. I don't blame soldiers mind you, just the corrupt politicians you work for.

You sell me awfully short in my knowledge of this world, but I understand you have a difficult time being needled. Go have a drink.

Let's go one step further. You are the President. You going to leave an American ship seized by the communists to their fate?

I guess I could have refused to go, although I don't think that would have been a good balloon to fly.

Do you think you would have gone? The Khmer Rouge had killed several milliion at that point in time. These were dead men unless we acted... again- kids were running the show, kids that had already killed all the adults.

My job was to suppress the Cambodian Air Force. My bud and I did that. He paid with his life.
DakotaT
9 years ago

Let's go one step further. You are the President. You going to leave an American ship seized by the communists to their fate?

I guess I could have refused to go, although I don't think that would have been a good balloon to fly.

Do you think you would have gone? The Khmer Rouge had killed several milliion at that point in time. These were dead men unless we acted... again- kids were running the show, kids that had already killed all the adults.

My job was to suppress the Cambodian Air Force. My bud and I did that. He paid with his life.

If I were President and forced to go to war in your scenario, I certainly wouldn't play tittlywinks like all these Jackasses do. With our arsenal, you fight to win and get the fuck out.

Of course, if drafted, I would have gone. I would never sign up for that stupid shit, because the rich kids never have to go. They just benefit financially from all the poor kids' suffering.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 years ago

If I were President and forced to go to war in your scenario, I certainly wouldn't play tittlywinks like all these Jackasses do. With our arsenal, you fight to win and get the fuck out.

Of course, if drafted, I would have gone. I would never sign up for that stupid shit, because the rich kids never have to go. They just benefit financially from all the poor kids' suffering.

The rich kids go also. They go to college, they go to what we call OCS (Officer Candidate School), then they get to go through TBS The Basic School. This process is very difficult. I went through Parris Island at it's worst, just subsequent to the Vietnam War. Those nam vets were killing recruits back in that day. A few years later I went to TBS with the "rich kids".

In that interim between my ass getting shot and going to tbs, the Marines sent me to college. My GCT (it's a military kind of IQ thing) got me sent to Dartmouth college. I went there with 6 sailors in that program. 3 of those and I graduated.

Those guys at Dartmouth were rich assholes. It's amazing I didn't kill someone there, but I was respected, and frankly, many were afraid of me. I did not tolerate rich-guy-assholeism. I was a Marine Staff Sergeant, at the time, to those in the Corps :)

My point being is that when I did go to TBS the OCS had already "Washed out" the rich kid assholes. I didn't go to the OCS because at that time "mustangs" like myself were exempt. (Mustang is former enlisted to be officer)

Here's my point. I have interracted with hundreds of Marine Corps Officers. Many of them are complete pricks. I can only reflect upon one being incompetent, and he was a RIO (Radar intercept Officer) a/k/a GIB (Guy in Back) One. That's a pretty good track record from a cynic and combat vet of too many places.

MOST were rich, in the classical sense. They came from good families. What should amaze is that they opted to serve. How would you know how to judge? I can't, and I served with these people. They amazed me.
dfosterf
9 years ago

Whining about gas cans and light bulbs is intellectual? None of you impresses me, just a generation of self indulgent dipshits that complain about the world you fucked up. Live with it, and the criticism from the generations you sold into debt slavery to feed your spoiled lives.

Oh but thanks for defending our freedoms in all your illegal wars since WWII.

I was speaking of the science of banning a 100 watt product such as a light bulb ( for what I believe to be political purposes) when I don't hear anyone crying about a clothes dryer utilizing 5700 watts. I think it's easier to con the American people over some lightbulb than conning them into not drying their clothes. I think the differentiation between the actual use of power is profound, and I think that the average Joe Blow would rather listen to a Obama speech vs. reality. That's what I think.

Would you like me to move on to the next piece of war-mongering my country involved me in?
DakotaT
9 years ago

Would you like me to move on to the next piece of war-mongering my country involved me in?

No, I'd rather talk about how we get those obstructionists you vote for to get going on a jobs bill and work with the other side of the isle. What's done is done and you all have to live with your past.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

The flaw in that rare burst of logic, Dakota, is that the world back then was a bilateral situation where the worldwide evil dragging down people's lives was approximately as strong strategically as we, the force for good, were. In other words, if we had done as you say - gone all out, we risked that evil Communist enemy escalating the conflict into something nuclear - which, win or lose, would have produced near complete destruction of everything. Such was the context, and such continued to be the context right up until Reagan overcame the God damned leftists at home - which you, of course, would never own up to being part of - and defeated the Soviets, ending the Cold War.

How did you ever twist "Electricity" around to this? That's more twisting that one of those new fangled over-priced environmentally hazardous short-lived piece-of-crap Obama-bulbs.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.