wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
A storm came through last night and knocked out the power for about 12 hours. You don't realize how everything is based on those little electrons.

Last night I had to run back down tot he office to make a payment for a client. (Flood insurance and the creek was rising.) I reached to turn the light on. Caught myself in time.

I had to unhook the garage door from the opener and lift it manually. I was glad I don't still have the heavy wooden door.

When I got to the office I was glad that I took a flashlight with me in order to find the file I needed. I almost left it at home for my wife. Yes we had other for her to use while I was gone.

I had to call my brother in another town with the info and walk him through the process on my cell phone. I wondered when I would lose power on my phone.

This morning as I was leaving I started to reach for the garage door button. I caught myself in time.

We have a lift pump for the septic as we have to be very careful not to use too much water and have the pit overflow.

We have a sump pump and I was worried if it was going to overflow. It has several times int he past when we didn't have power. I keep telling myself to buy a generator for the sump pit and the septic pit. I don't know why I haven't. I plan to do that this week!

Last night we have no tv, no internet, no lights. My wife had her nook so she read and played games. I didn’t want to drain my laptop so I after I returned home from the office I finished up a project and headed to bed. It was still muggy so it was a little uncomfortable to sleep.

We are so spoiled these days.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
9 years ago
Indeed we are spoiled.. it is all a matter of prespective.

If we looked through the world from a different perspective and kept in mind what things we take for granted.. what the world might be.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
9 years ago
I was looking at a wattage requirement guide for generators at my work at the Home Depot. I just had my heat pump system replaced in my own home.

Heat pump system average wattage usage: 4400

Clothes Dryer average wattage usage: 5700

(Now illegal) 100 watt bulb average usage: 100

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
9 years ago

I was looking at a wattage requirement guide for generators at my work at the Home Depot. I just had my heat pump system replaced in my own home.

Heat pump system average wattage usage: 4400

Clothes Dryer average wattage usage: 5700

(Now illegal) 100 watt bulb average usage: 100

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Can I get a couple of cases of illegal 100 w bulbs from you? [grin1]
I hate those stupid 40 watt bulbs and the new "long life" compact bulbs. They don't last half as long as the old incandescent ones but are 100 times more expensive.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

They don't last half as long as the old incandescent ones but are 100 times more expensive.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Quit shopping at Home Depot! [grin1]
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 years ago

Quit shopping at Home Depot! [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Quit voting for shitty presidents that make these rules! 🤐
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Quit voting for shitty presidents that make these rules! 🤐

See! This is exactly how politics get interjected into topics where politics have no place in whatsoever!!!

[boxing] [boxing] [boxing]

[puke]

btw, thanks for making my little jab at Home Depot a complete flop lol
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 years ago
There IS politics involved in these matters. If you own a home, chances are that you want to maintain your yard. Let's say you have a 1/2 acre lot. You need a mower, a trimmer, and an edger. Typical example?

Thanks to the ethanhol in the fuel, were you to leave these items untreated, they are good to start "For sure" 30 days.

30 days.

Bought a gas can lately?

You need a tutorial on how to get the gas out of it.

You need a stabilizer in your fuel to eliminate the threat of the ethanhol, without exception. Don't do it, don't wonder why your equipment will not start.

The people that rely upon this equipment to make a living have been bitching about the mandates for ethanol since it's inception. Unfortunately for them, they are actual working persons not protected by some class that you PC'ers like to invent.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Bought a gas can lately?

You need a tutorial on how to get the gas out of it.

haha ... my dad found that out recently lol

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 years ago
This President has BANNED 100 watt light bulbs. He is saving the environment.

Light bulb running: 100 watts
Clothes Dryer running: 5700 watts

1200 coal-fired power plants will be built in the next 20 years. None of them in the United States. Every one is a massive project.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.