MintBaconDrivel
9 years ago
Aaron Rodgers deserves a raise.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It is not uncommon for NFL contracts to become outdated in a hurry.

Someone is always signing a new deal or an extension to become the highest-paid this or the highest-paid that.

So when Colin Kaepernick signed his contract extension with the San Francisco 49ers last week, the initial reports suggested his deal contained more guaranteed money than Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the NFL's highest-paid player.

Rob Demovsky  wrote:

Pack93z
9 years ago
The candy asses known as Quarterbacks are already overpaid.. no raises needed. šŸ“
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
steveishere
9 years ago

The candy asses known as Quarterbacks are already overpaid.. no raises needed. šŸ“

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Candy asses they may be but they sure are damn important as we unfortunately saw last year lol.
šŸ˜†
Pack93z
9 years ago

Candy asses they may be but they sure are damn important as we unfortunately saw last year lol.
šŸ˜†

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I agree, but that is only because the game of football has been altered to make the passing game more "exciting" for the fans.. the NFL wants scoring in bunches.. letting receivers run unscathed accomplishes this. Hence the QB because more vital to keep up with the Jones.. unless you have a elite defense, you better be able to score in bunches.

So they have now over protected the QB.. made their jobs easier due to lax coverages because of a myriad of rules to benefit the offenses, and now we want to prop them up even further in terms of glory and money. U-rah-rah-rah... puke my guts out.

Green Bay was been too dependent on the QB to cover other aspects of the football team.. hence when we lost our elite QB.. the entire team suffered.. hell it would have been worse if they hadn't committed to the run last season more. I love we have had back to back elite QB's, don't get me wrong, but at the same time we covered alot of our warts because of them as well. Complacent if you will.. from failing to stock the offensive line or receiver positions at times to accepting mediocrity on the defensive side of the ball and forgetting that running the ball at times and balance helps the entire freaking team.

Anyway.. I know that it is not popular, but the QB position is given way to much credit to the wins and equally to much blame to the losses. You can have an average QB and still win in this league if you take care of the other facets of the game.. but everyone wants to air it out and have "that guy" on the face of the franchise. Screw it.. build a team and then if you want prop up your token pretty boy QB... knock yourself the F&^$ out. lol.

Ahh... that feels better now. [grin1]
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Quarterback and Center touch the ball every single offensive play. That makes them the most important players. Most QB's have to make reads and know when to throw it, when to hold it, when to toss it out of bounds. The game rides solely on the play of the QB, that is why they are the most important player in the game. Some rules over protect the QB, no argument there. A lot of rules favor the offense, no argument there. It is something that should be fixed or corrected. Although, as long as we continue to go to the games, watch the games, buy everything we can with our teams logo on it, it will not change.

Saying QB is given too much credit is like saying a General doesn't deserve any credit after winning a battle.

The true candy asses in the NFL are WR and CB's.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
9 years ago

Saying QB is given too much credit is like saying a General doesn't deserve any credit after winning a battle.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Some credit is deserved just as any other player upon that field.. but just like a General.. he will not win any damn thing without the troops.. and those that execute his play. And honestly.. the HC is the general, or should be, for each team.

And per my limited knowledge of the game of football.. I don't see many QB's play a freaking snap of defense. Hell.. they barely play special teams.[grin1]

I am all for giving the QB is due.. no problem.. but trying to give them 20 % of every teams due.. come the hell on now.. lol.
steveishere
9 years ago

I am all for giving the QB is due.. no problem.. but trying to give them 20 % of every teams due.. come the hell on now.. lol.

I don't see any problem at all with the amount of pay for guys like Rodgers, Brees, Manning. The problem is when teams pay similar money to guys like Ryan, Flacco, Kaepernick who cannot actually carry a team like the elite QBs do but get the huge pay day like they do. Though that doesn't bother me either because it makes those teams weaker. I think people are getting too carried away with the numbers though, QBs have always been paid the largest % of a teams cap money, nothing is really changed as far as that's concerned.
Pack93z
9 years ago

I don't see any problem at all with the amount of pay for guys like Rodgers, Brees, Manning. The problem is when teams pay similar money to guys like Ryan, Flacco, Kaepernick who cannot actually carry a team like the elite QBs do but get the huge pay day like they do. Though that doesn't bother me either because it makes those teams weaker. I think people are getting too carried away with the numbers though, QBs have always been paid the largest % of a teams cap money, nothing is really changed as far as that's concerned.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Sure.. they may or may not have always been the highest paid.. but in the course of just over 13 years.. the top of the scale has increased by just over 4% of the total cap number...which is equivalent to what ~ 5 million a year.. that is a nice player in today's market that is not a QB.

Now factor in the winning QB's from 2000 to 2012 have amassed an average of 7.49% of the SB winning teams cap. The top five QB's are now above 16% of their teams caps. And yes... I was wrong on the percentage... shoot me.. lol.

The owners took steps to protect their clubs from overpaying players in the last CBA.. apparently they need more protection.... lol.

QB inflation.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

Quarterback and Center touch the ball every single offensive play. That makes them the most important players. Most QB's have to make reads and know when to throw it, when to hold it, when to toss it out of bounds. The game rides solely on the play of the QB, that is why they are the most important player in the game. Some rules over protect the QB, no argument there. A lot of rules favor the offense, no argument there. It is something that should be fixed or corrected. Although, as long as we continue to go to the games, watch the games, buy everything we can with our teams logo on it, it will not change.

The true candy asses in the NFL are WR and CB's.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well, Foster can correct me on this, but IMO generals *do* get too much credit. Stars are primary evidence of political skills, not military skills.

Don't get me wrong, there are great generals. But battles are won by sergeants, corporals, and privates. Or, if you must credit officers, by captains and colonels.

IMO.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

Sure.. they may or may not have always been the highest paid.. but in the course of just over 13 years.. the top of the scale has increased by just over 4% of the total cap number...which is equivalent to what ~ 5 million a year.. that is a nice player in today's market that is not a QB.

Now factor in the winning QB's from 2000 to 2012 have amassed an average of 7.49% of the SB winning teams cap. The top five QB's are now above 16% of their teams caps. And yes... I was wrong on the percentage... shoot me.. lol.

The owners took steps to protect their clubs from overpaying players in the last CBA.. apparently they need more protection.... lol.

QB inflation.

Unfortunately now some of these guys are leading their team on their rookie contracts and only getting 1% of their team cap. I think some of these guys are deeming it a bit of payback for being underpaid in their rookie deals.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.