nyrpack
  • nyrpack
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
obviously die hard nfl - pack fan goes without question, but just as much nhl ny rangers fan, hence my screen name nyrpack = ny rangers green bay packers, anyway these playoffs have been great so far espicially for my beloved ny rangers, there one game away from the stanley cup championship, hopefully they get it tonite -[ tues. nite ]anyway exactly 20 yrs ago after 54 years the rangers won the cup in 94 and ny city and all points east my home on long island went crazy, this year they have a chance hopefully to do it again it looks like rangers- la kings as of now are most likely in, nbc is so hoping this is the matchup, it would do amazing ratings, just wondering anybody else care about the nhl which is the greatest sport to watch in person and 2nd only to football to watch on tv care to share thoughts ??
jimmy b.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Penguins got knocked out, so, no more interest for this fella.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Grew up a huge Minnesota NorthStars fan... had half season tix and went to 10 or so more games just randomly. Was usually at all the playoff games.

No non-Team USA team (the 1980 Team USA hockey team is greatest sports memory of my life) will ever be to me what Green Bay is. The NorthStars were my 2nd favorite team of all time.

There is no comparison to me... the NHL, by far, is the most exciting sport to watch live. I've been to two Packers NFC Championships and to a NorthStars Stanley Cup. The NHL can't be beat for playoff thrills.

As exciting as all the above was I actually think the craziest thing I've ever been a part of was the Twins World Series in '87...that dome was absolutely rocking. Never experienced anything quite like it and I'm not a Twins fan.

I don't like the Rangers or Blackhawks. I'm hoping Montreal rebounds from 3-1. I do agree a NYR vs. LA Kings would be an interesting series. I do wonder about ratings. Yes, two biggest US cities but not sure there are that many hockey fans in either place, especially LA. I don't think the US or Canada would care too much about the Finals. I know I wouldn't.

Best of luck to your Rangers. I can see Mark Messier in my mind right now.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
Been watching the Hawks off and on. There is a lot going on so I catch them when I can. They are very frustrating. they seem to coast along and then try to turn it up when they have to. That works most of the time in the regular season but not in the 3rd round of the playoffs. So much talent being squandered.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
9 years ago
Blues fan here. Grew up mostly in St. Louis so the Blues are my hockey team. Parents are from Wisconsin so that's how I'm a Packer fan. Anyway, football was my first sports love and something I'm still far more passionate about. Packers and Badgers football is first and foremost for me, followed closely by Manchester United. Then hockey and baseball.

I despise both the Hawks and the Kings. Too many bandwagoners in Chicago for me to tolerate them: the kind that act like they're diehards but probably don't know who Tony Amonte, Chris Chelios or Bobby Hull are. And I live in Chicago now. Though, I begrudgingly give credit to those that stuck with them during their long hard times, and I do know a few of 'em. I also reckon there are all of 3 people in LA who could tell you what offsides is. Recent playoff history doesn't help either, being a Blues fan.

Anyway, best of luck nyrpack as I'll be pulling for whoever wins in the East. Montreal has enough titles anyway.
Born and bred a cheesehead
gbguy20
9 years ago
no.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Blues fan here. Grew up mostly in St. Louis so the Blues are my hockey team. Parents are from Wisconsin so that's how I'm a Packer fan. Anyway, football was my first sports love and something I'm still far more passionate about. Packers and Badgers football is first and foremost for me, followed closely by Manchester United. Then hockey and baseball.

I despise both the Hawks and the Kings. Too many bandwagoners in Chicago for me to tolerate them: the kind that act like they're diehards but probably don't know who Tony Amonte, Chris Chelios or Bobby Hull are. And I live in Chicago now. Though, I begrudgingly give credit to those that stuck with them during their long hard times, and I do know a few of 'em. I also reckon there are all of 3 people in LA who could tell you what offsides is. Recent playoff history doesn't help either, being a Blues fan.

Anyway, best of luck nyrpack as I'll be pulling for whoever wins in the East. Montreal has enough titles anyway.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

That the younger people don't know some of the greats is no surprise. For being one of the original six there is a feel of an expansion team.

Hockey had a chance to be huge in Chicago but Dollar Bill absolutely crushed it. Rocky has done a fantastic job of reinvigorating the community. Given time they will learn about all time greats but they have their hands full learning the current greats.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
9 years ago

That the younger people don't know some of the greats is no surprise. For being one of the original six there is a feel of an expansion team.

Hockey had a chance to be huge in Chicago but Dollar Bill absolutely crushed it. Rocky has done a fantastic job of reinvigorating the community. Given time they will learn about all time greats but they have their hands full learning the current greats.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yup, Bill Wirtz has to be one of the worst owners of all time across all American sports. Jealous of how well run Chicago is now.
Born and bred a cheesehead
nyrpack
  • nyrpack
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
my boys are in, ny city is going wild, 4 more games to win and then the fun really begins, it aint going to be easy but there a tough little team who will be on the latest cover of sports illustrated !!
jimmy b.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

my boys are in, ny city is going wild, 4 more games to win and then the fun really begins, it aint going to be easy but there a tough little team who will be on the latest cover of sports illustrated !!

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

Congratulations to your boys. Henrik with the donut for the series win.

Going to be tough vs. either LA or CHI.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (6h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (9h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (13h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (23h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Around The NFL / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.