wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

And don't forget the biggest shithead of them all: Brett Favre. But all his "skeletons" were put in a vault not a closet.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Take that back. St Brat never did anything wrong.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Ted? Ted? Have you woken up yet? I'm sure he's just torturing this guy making him sweat it out so that he feels no entitlement. To have to think that it came down to a non slam dunk decision on a freaking tryout to be the 89th or 90th guy on a roster is an attention getter.

The kid will be signed and we'll have our next gem of a UDFA. Please, don't implode.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

play2win
9 years ago

Ted? Ted? Have you woken up yet? I'm sure he's just torturing this guy making him sweat it out so that he feels no entitlement. To have to think that it came down to a non slam dunk decision on a freaking tryout to be the 89th or 90th guy on a roster is an attention getter.

The kid will be signed and we'll have our next gem of a UDFA. Please, don't implode.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I was not at all for bringing this guy in, but I have to give this staff credit for their ability to give another person a second chance, and an opportunity to redeem themselves. They know what they are doing.

Maybe he makes it.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
If Finley was healthy, they would've never touched him...desperation causes all kinds of questionable decisions.

What I think a lot of people are missing with Lyerla is his true risk factor. Let's say he does overcome his issues and becomes an integral part of this team... Let's say next year there is a stud TE prospect but we pass on him because we have Lyerla. The next season Lyerla goes off the reservation and gets himself suspended for a year...then what? What if he becomes a big part of us in season and then does something stupid and we have to switch gears mid course? Yeah, we did that with the loss of Finley, but I'd hate to see us get in with Colt and watch him fall out. That is his risk. I love they're willing to take it and believe in the best but the risk has only just begun with this guy.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

play2win
9 years ago
Yeah, I can see that, big time. But, this is an organization that prides itself on the character of the locker room. They do have some great experience on this front with Koren Robinson and Johnny Jolly. They must feel confident they can deal with whatever comes their way with Colt.

I would not count out either of Finley nor Bostick at this point. They just love Finley, so much so that they kept his locker in tact after he has become a FA. That carries meaning. And, Bostick is nearly a Finley clone, a player who could very well take that next step.
nerdmann
9 years ago

If Finley was healthy, they would've never touched him...desperation causes all kinds of questionable decisions.

What I think a lot of people are missing with Lyerla is his true risk factor. Let's say he does overcome his issues and becomes an integral part of this team... Let's say next year there is a stud TE prospect but we pass on him because we have Lyerla. The next season Lyerla goes off the reservation and gets himself suspended for a year...then what? What if he becomes a big part of us in season and then does something stupid and we have to switch gears mid course? Yeah, we did that with the loss of Finley, but I'd hate to see us get in with Colt and watch him fall out. That is his risk. I love they're willing to take it and believe in the best but the risk has only just begun with this guy.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If he doesn't work out, then we won't be any worse off than we would have been anyway.

All upside, imo. Worst case scenario he gives the team a black eye before he's sent packing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT
9 years ago
So did our new problem child get signed or not?
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Take that back. St Brat never did anything wrong.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Not happening. Putting that purple jersey on removed him from sainthood for many of us. His past is fair game.
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Based on what I have seen posted on here, the guy has to have more potential than at least 1 of our other UDFA's.

Unless they all have people ranting and raving over how talented they are.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Maybe more potential physical talent than any of the other UDFA's, but also maybe potential to be a PR nightmare than anyone else on the entire roster...

The questions to sign Lyerla or not have NOTHING to do with his physical talent/potential, and everything to do with does he have his head on straight and is he a ticking time bomb to get into a ton of trouble or not.

Talent/potential wise Lyerla could been a top 3 rounds guy... heck if he got his off the field act together he might of been a top 2 round guy. But he didn't get his act together, between the emotional outburst, lack of self control, drugs (cocane) and government conspiracies theories only 3 teams even showed up for his pro-day and NO ONE seemingly was willing to signed a potential top 2 round potential talent to even an UDFA contract right away.

UserPostedImage
Yerko
9 years ago
Looks like a beast in that 2012 highlight tape and I don't want to make this comparison, but he looks like an Aaron Hernandez-type tight end taking those hand offs. His explosiveness is ridiculous and he fights for yards...

The off-field stuff is a gigantic gamble though. Maybe Lyerla takes this opportunity given to him seriously since it was stated earlier that only three teams showed up to his pro-day. With the average ability of our current tight ends on the roster, I hope they take a chance on him.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.