wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

That was my scouting report  on him.

I rated him higher than Richard Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Lindy's has him rated higher as well. # 10 TE vs #11. both rated 6.0 on a 9.0 scale which means key reserve. Was projected to go a round higher at 5th or 6th vs 6th or 7th.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
Def worth a look. If he gets a contract, any chance to make the roster or PS?

*insert Packers People comment here*
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
Oregon's Colt Lyerla, with help of Hillsboro Spartans family, overcomes childhood trials 

But within the hulking, reluctant star still resides the anxiety of an often painful childhood he doesn't care to revisit. Dysfunctional home life. Little direction. Plenty of anger and frustration.

To those who know him well, it's a miracle he is attending college, let alone starring for the nation's No. 2 ranked team.

How Lyerla has made it this far is one aspect of his past he doesn't mind discussing. How through the help of coaches, teachers, counselors, administrators and parents of friends he overcame precarious pitfalls to stay in school, remain focused and live up to his potential.

The goal wasn't simply to get him to college but to provide him with the skills necessary to survive.

Hillsboro High turned out to be Lyerla's haven.

"I really just tried to stay focused and channel into sports," Lyerla says. "I spent all of my time at HilHi, really."

Says Ingram: "That's where he's at home, on the football field. When he could be there he was in his world."

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

If Driver were still on the team he would have been a huge asset to this young man.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

If Driver were still on the team he would have been a huge asset to this young man.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Donald Driver doesn't need to be on the team to be an asset. That same application goes to the Johnny Jolly reference made earlier.

A man can help a man without being in the same uniform. We shouldn't have such boundaries when helping another person.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Donald Driver doesn't need to be on the team to be an asset. That same application goes to the Johnny Jolly reference made earlier.

A man can help a man without being in the same uniform. We shouldn't have such boundaries when helping another person.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Sigh. I am talking about opportunity. Of course Driver can offer support from where ever he is at. It is not the same. The impact isn't as strong. The relationship not as deep or binding.

If Donald isn't in the locker room with Lyeria it is a little more difficult to strike up a conversation with him. Driver certainly can call him on the phone but that is a lot different than having lunch together in the team dinning room or inviting him over to his home and playing Madden or Space Invaders or whatever they would do.

Texting once a week is not as strong of a tie as seeing each other every single day on the field.

Likewise with Jolly. Is he even in GB at this time? Do they have any plans to renew his contract?

Believe it or not kids being face to face is a better way to develop interpersonal relationships. It is a superior way to communicate. Phone calls, texts, emails and the like are a distance second at best.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
The Green bay Packers have a player development program/staff. That is how you help troubled players. I believe Edgar Bennett was assigned this role very early in his career and he was assigned to mentor a troubled player. Obviously, that is the capacity I am talking about as it would be on a daily basis. I don't believe one has to shower naked with a grown man to grow a bond with them.

Harry Sydney has a foundation here called "My Brothers Keeper" and has helped an abundance of troubled boys and men.

The point I have clearly made is this. There are options for the kid, even in the small town of Green Bay, WI.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
So if it's true that they cleaned out Jolly's locker, then can the team sign him to some kind of contract to look after this guy similar to what the Cowboys did with Dez Bryant? And maybe have Jolly be a assistant to Mike Trgovac? Like, teach guys how to swat down passes?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

The Green bay Packers have a player development program/staff. That is how you help troubled players. I believe Edgar Bennett was assigned this role very early in his career and he was assigned to mentor a troubled player. Obviously, that is the capacity I am talking about as it would be on a daily basis. I don't believe one has to shower naked with a grown man to grow a bond with them.

Harry Sydney has a foundation here called "My Brothers Keeper" and has helped an abundance of troubled boys and men.

The point I have clearly made is this. There are options for the kid, even in the small town of Green Bay, WI.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I never said that the City of Green Bay nor Packers Inc have no options available to them at all.

What I said was it would have been nice if Driver was able to be a role model to him as a member of the team.

Instead of having 3 or 4 options maybe it is the 5th option that would have worked best for him. It is one thing for an adviser to tell him to get his act together. It is another thing for someone who actually lived on the street and had a tough childhood to tell him he too can overcome his past.

Who knows as someone else suggested perhaps it would be Jolly that would work the best.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (42m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.