play2win
9 years ago
Adrian Hubbard Highlights 

6-6 252 4.69 40 Time Projected R3-R5 #120 overall in Draftek Big Board

Is an impressive athlete who’s still somewhat raw. Has good length and functional strength. Is a fluid prospect who is light on his feet and plays well in space. Has a lot of experience covering tight ends and dropping back into coverage. Is stout at the point of attack and plays run well. A good, but not great pass rusher at this point. Uses hands well, but doesn’t have explosive get-off. Might not have quick-twitch fibers necessary for elite edge rusher in NFL. Doesn’t use great variety of pass rushing moves and too often relies on a bull rush. Tends to play with a high pad level. Always given glimpses of immense potential but needs to play with more consistency. Has size and skill set to play either OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3 at high level. Doesn't have lengthy injury history aside from minor elbow injury in 2012. Rick Stavig, Ourlads' Draft Analyst

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/player/adrian-hubbard/93560

5/5/14: Hubbard was solid, but unspectacular, for Alabama in 2013. He had 33 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks and two passes broken up for the year. Hubbard notched his first sack of the season against LSU and added another against Auburn. He should have returned for his senior year, and WalterFootball.com heard from sources that Alabama didn't make much a pitch for him to comeback. Hubbard had a decent week at the Senior Bowl and followed that up with a similar performance at the Combine.

8/14/13: Hubbard won the starting spot to replace Upshaw at Sam linebacker last year following the latter's departure for the NFL. Hubbard ended up being Alabama's best pass-rusher last year and it looked like he was just scratching the surface of his potential. The sophomore totaled 41 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, seven sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass batted.

Hubbard is very quick and is a physical player. He will be a great fit in a 3-4 defense. Last year was Hubbard's first season of significant playing time, and he should be even better as a junior with the year of experience under his belt. Adding some more weight to fill out his frame could help Hubbard's overall game.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014OLB.php

This is a player with some HUGE potential at OLB. I love this UDFA signing, and look forward to seeing him on the field for the Packers in 2014. Very big. Very fast. Looks to be exceptional in run support. I think he has a very good chance to make it.

Look at him here (#42) next to #32 CJ Mosley...

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Imagine Julius Peppers and him next to each other. He should be able to bat down a lot of passes like Johnny Jolly with that wingspan... We have our "stork".

From what you read of him he sounds like he's delusional. Hoping he's able to get his mind right. This guy sounds like one of those who you might wake up and read he just stormed out of the facility and never came back.

The potential is there. Not many dudes like him out there. I wish Kevin Greene was still around to fire this kid up.

EDIT: Some of these guys are much more interesting than our actual draft picks. I wonder what the ratio is of UDFA's who've made it under TT, vs. his actual draft choices? From some of the early names on our UDFA signings I thought we got diddly.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago
He looks impressive as hell physically but doesn't seem to have much fire or explosiveness to his game like Bradford does. he kind of reminds me of CJ Wilson or Marshall Newhouse if he played defense.
Pack93z
9 years ago

From what you read of him he sounds like he's delusional. Hoping he's able to get his mind right. This guy sounds like one of those who you might wake up and read he just stormed out of the facility and never came back.

The potential is there. Not many dudes like him out there. I wish Kevin Greene was still around to fire this kid up.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If your worried about him storming out of the facility... then why would we need someone to "fire" this kid up. Personally.. I think he could use more fire on the field.. playing with his hair on fire type emotion.

Everything I have read on this kid is a is uber confident in himself.. overtly so.. not the worst thing in a athlete. I worry more about the ones that lack it. He is a Bama kid.. they are so hyped before and during their college career.. some absorb it.

Source 

Hubbard flew to Green Bay Sunday afternoon after agreeing to terms on a free-agent contract with the Packers shortly after the draft concluded Saturday.

"I didn't know it could be a problem because we had all the issues fixed," Hubbard said. "I think the big problem was somehow, some way the papers didn't get to all the teams. But, oh well."

Hubbard said he had been cleared by Charles Brown, chief medical officer at Piedmont Heart Institute in Atlanta and the Falcons' cardiologist since 1992.

"My heart's big because I'm big," said Hubbard, who indicated it was discovered on his EKG at the combine. "There's nothing wrong with it at all. This is more than 85% of the league. Dr. Brown looked at me and cleared me."

He was carrying papers from Brown for the Packers' medical staff. He must pass a physical before officially joining the team.

"It's going to pass," Hubbard said. "Not too much worry. I'm fine. I've been playing in the worst conditions the last four years in the heat of Alabama. I've been playing sports my whole life. I'll be OK.

"Situations happen. I wasn't drafted. I'll have to go a different route. Teams don't want to take risks. They don't want to write off on people."

Hubbard, 6 feet 6 inches and 257 pounds, was projected as a mid-round draft choice. A fourth-year junior, he started the past two seasons as strong outside linebacker in the Crimson Tide's 3-4 defense.

He finished with 83 tackles (18 for loss) and 10 sacks in 36 games, including 26 starts.

"I talked to Eddie (Lacy) last night," said Hubbard. "He said, 'Come in here, you know how to work, do what you do.'"

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
9 years ago

Imagine Julius Peppers and him next to each other. He should be able to bat down a lot of passes like Johnny Jolly with that wingspan... We have our "stork".

Well, I don't know what you read to make you say that uffda. Sounds more to me like this player is coming in with a big chip on his shoulder...

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/05/report_minor_heart_abnormality.html 

... just from being passed over by 31 teams. (Do check out his tweets on this in the link!) Draftek actually had him in their Top 100 before the concerns about his heart started flying around NFL draft rooms.

I really, really like this signing. Eddie Lacy vouched for him, and I can't help but think he played a big role in Hubbard coming to GB. Doesn't get much better than that in my book. I think this player is going to be very, very good for us in GB. We just essentially changed out Mulumba and Palmer for Bradford and Hubbard. All of a sudden, our LBs on the outside look pretty fierce, with great talent and instincts.

Don't get me wrong, I do think both Mulumba and Palmer are going to be competing for a job on the outside, and I look at them both as having a lot of potential, but the competition has just been ramped up big time.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
As for my fire up comment... I only meant on the field.

I read that he had the overblown sense of his abilities. Most, if not all, athletes have that so to mention it means it's beyond what you'd normally see. It was also referenced because his opinion didn't match up with reality. Now, you've posted a comment from Walter saying Bama didn't lobby at all to keep the kid. Sounds like they were happy to get rid of him and his attitude.

Hubbard claimed he wasn't drafted because it must've been the issue with his heart...I think it had more to do with his head. Doesn't sound like the tired refrain, "Packer People", to me at all. He sounds like a clown to me...I hope he grows up under our coaching staff, but if he's that high on himself when our guys set him straight he may not be able to handle it emotionally. Peppers may be able to help this guy. He's about the only one who won't have to look up to look him in the eye. Peppers is a little out there too...hoping they find a connection.

Why in the world would a guy who was 6'6 with the skill this guy possesses not get drafted? This is the kind of player I like ...someone who adds something different to us. Don't blow it by being a nut case, Adrian!
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

play2win
9 years ago

As for my fire up comment... I only meant on the field.

I read that he had the overblown sense of his abilities. Most, if not all, athletes have that so to mention it means it's beyond what you'd normally see. It was also referenced because his opinion didn't match up with reality. Now, you've posted a comment from Walter saying Bama didn't lobby at all to keep the kid. Sounds like they were happy to get rid of him and his attitude.

Hubbard claimed he wasn't drafted because it must've been the issue with his heart...I think it had more to do with his head. Doesn't sound like the tired refrain, "Packer People", to me at all. He sounds like a clown to me...I hope he grows up under our coaching staff, but if he's that high on himself when our guys set him straight he may not be able to handle it emotionally. Peppers may be able to help this guy. He's about the only one who won't have to look up to look him in the eye. Peppers is a little out there too...hoping they find a connection.

Why in the world would a guy who was 6'6 with the skill this guy possesses not get drafted? This is the kind of player I like ...someone who adds something different to us. Don't blow it by being a nut case, Adrian!

I think you might be firing up some stuff of which you have zero first hand knowledge. Do you know anything about this kid and his story? I don't, but I'm willing to wait and see what he brings to the Packers, and I trust their staff.

This tweeted from Josh Sanchez @jnsanchez Editor In Chief at FanSided:

One thing people don't praise enough about Hubbard is his graduating in 3.5 years & willingness to move around to help the team first.

Guys like Nolan Nawrocki who knock Hubbard's personality and say he would be difficult to coach don't have the slightest clue.

Just got off the phone with Adrian Hubbard. Great guy to speak and really look forward to seeing him step onto the #NFL field.

He didn't get drafted because he was taken off many boards due to questions about an enlarged heart. He's been cleared, and I have to say he handled it pretty well from his own comments on the issue, where he stated he just has to take a different path to the NFL. That is pretty positive to me.

Check out this interview, and note his first two players he emulates after his tide teammates... of all players it is Matthews and Peppers. This was an interview done way before the draft...

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1378086-hd-video-alabama-lb-adrian-hubbard?s=73 

He comes off in this interview as a pretty polished, well spoken, confident player who knows what he wants to do in the NFL and what he brings to the team.

I think we stole him away from some pretty serious teams because of Lacy...
musccy
9 years ago
I've become a big fan of Vic Ketchman (and thus Tony Pauline), and both of them, especially Tony spoke highly of this guy's potential after the senior bowl.

The kid seems intriguing enough if he can just not let the stuff between the ears soil his potential.
musccy
9 years ago

Adrian Hubbard Highlights 

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Some nice footage around 2:00 and the end of him beating Greg Robinson from Auburn, who wasn't too bad of a player.

play2win
9 years ago

Some nice footage around 2:00 and the end of him beating Greg Robinson from Auburn, who wasn't too bad of a player.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Yeah. This kid can play. I'm trying to find out what happened at Alabama. Hubbard referenced something about them putting a collar on him during the 2013 season... and I can't find anything on what that might have entailed.

He was ranked #33 overall back in October of 2013 as a draft prospect by scout.com in their Top 100.

OK, I get it now. Saban had him playing 6 different positions in his Junior season. Just got that from this interview:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/nfl-draft-profile-alabama-olb-adrian-hubbard 

Now, THAT makes sense. THAT was the "collar" he was referencing. Makes perfect sense. He said he really want to play just the one position, OLB. But, he was asked to take on multiple positions and he did so. Now I get it.

Hey, fellow Packers fans, WE STOLE THIS KID!!!!! OMG!!!! I think this is going to be VERY good for our defense...
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.