Zero2Cool
9 years ago
I will vote when there is someone worth voting for.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago

I will vote when there is someone worth voting for.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I hope you're not holding your breath!
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

To Wade and Texas... Your opinion is your opinion. You are not the lens for which this question is answered nor am I. However, I think it is correct to say that not everyone has it so good as you seem to imply they do. Only each individual can answer this question. I DO NOT and WILL NOT ever think it's a better world, today, when I see two parents HAVING not CHOOSING to work leaving their kids to be raised by uninspired daycare workers. That is NOT better by any measure. The measure that the prosperity chasers cite is wealth and opportunity. That is but a fraction of quality of life. I feel sorry for you, Wade, that economics are your gauge for what constitutes greatness. Yes, it's part of it... it's the economy, stupid. Oh, James C. The soulless, self centered have nothing but the economy to hang their hat on. It defines life. How sad and I mean that truly but to each his own.

You will have the USA apologists as well as the USA denouncers. It falls where you think it falls. Texas and Wade are the dogmatic apologists who filter their opinions through economic angles.

This is not the America I grew up in. It may be better, in some ways, economically speaking, but it is a shadow of it's former self. The land of the free has turned to the land of the me. Tragic.

Texas...I just read your PM. Hmmm. Interesting.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

OK, uffda, at least you have stopped painting me as a rich guy hahahaha. I think you have a very wrong picture of Wade too, but I'll let him deal with that.

I totally agree with you that there is a lot more to life than the economic side. Just to see if we are on the same page, I'd like to read what YOU think important aside from economic well-being, and how American life is lacking in those areas. I ask you this because the other negativists have failed - miserably - to provide such examples, which I contend do not exist.

While I see you as a sincere and fairly rational person, I still think you are way off base in your view of life in America. Several of these detractors of America in here seem a lot less rational than you, and when confronted, have no basis for that America-hate. I ask you this - as I have asked them and not gotten any direct answer. Are YOU yourself suffering any ill effects from whatever you see as bad about America? Do you personally KNOW anybody suffering ill effects that can be blamed on the country in general? Do you even DIRECTLY KNOW OF anybody suffering bad effects attributable to life in America in general - NOT their personal bad luck or poor choices? It's my contention that the HUGE majority of such America-haters listen to and eat up the shit put out by the God damned mainstream media - the REAL villain in American life - about suffering people, while actually, there are virtually no suffering people. Pretty much everybody other than those with completely individualized personal problems are living great. If you think differently, please state who/how/why. Show me the misery hahahaha.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I just finished a 6+ year tour of duty with a local government entity. When I first started there a decent sized raise was granted to all employees. Over the next 6 years there were pay cuts, job cuts, etc. I watched as people who seemed to be doing fine were getting worse and worse off as the years rolled by. Many driving on bald tires, not registering their vehicles or carrying insurance because they simply could not afford it. Meanwhile, those on welfare or some feigned disability were living much much better. I can say within my own family we have opted not to provide insurance for our children, or me, now... the cost is too great and you could say I'm a person who needs insurance more than most. However, I have made a choice to forego what many would consider sound medical advice to no longer receive regular tests that I "need".

How one argues the economy is better today than ever is dizzying to me. A few years ago we were giving huge bailouts to companies and it was reported we were on the verge of total collapse sending us back to the great depression days. The internet and China have changed this world's economy forever.

Why you and Wade are beating the drum for it being "better" here when many families are struggling to get by is a great, great mystery. Hey, I'm all about optimism but to turn a blind eye to real problems isn't optimism it's aversion.

Go tell Detroit things are great. I'm not speaking about the automakers. Many cities infrastructure is in total decay. No money for improvements.

The school district that was so highly touted and one of the main reasons we moved to this suburb of Dallas was found to be cooking books to receive funding and ended up having to pay back nearly 15 mil. compromising education here for the next several years. The money ain't flowin' like it used to but it's better now in that regard?

How's unemployment in your area? Gas? Food? Healthcare? All of it is OUTRAGEOUS. Oh, soon we'll have someone posting prices of a liter in London. America does NOT lead in healthcare and that is a big quality of life issue.

I'm directly affected by all these parentless daycare raised children who watch garbage on TV and listen to revolting music lyrics. My oldest is a special needs student...picked on from the outset in middle school by finely raised kids with no moral compass. Yes, that affects me. It affects me when a gang of teens drove through here a year or so ago and beat one of the neighborhood kids almost to death while wielding guns. These were teenagers.

Many are discouraged by the corruption they see. Many are good honest hardworking people who see how little reward there is for doing so. Watching the cheaters in life make out like bandits. Happens in college athletics and all areas of life. I'm affected when i see a justice system say prison is too oppressive for a well to do man and he gets only probation for sexually molesting a youth while minorities get hammered for much less minor offenses because they are "nobody" in society. Total inequity in justice.

For the umpteenth time it smacks of total self centeredness to speak of how wonderful it is here when many are struggling. You should be on your knees thankful you have steered clear of the pitfalls of trying to live in today"s "great times". I am happy for you and for anyone who is experiencing great times. You just don't speak for all nor should you even consider trying.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

I just finished a 6+ year tour of duty with a local government entity. When I first started there a decent sized raise was granted to all employees. Over the next 6 years there were pay cuts, job cuts, etc. I watched as people who seemed to be doing fine were getting worse and worse off as the years rolled by. Many driving on bald tires, not registering their vehicles or carrying insurance because they simply could not afford it. Meanwhile, those on welfare or some feigned disability were living much much better. I can say within my own family we have opted not to provide insurance for our children, or me, now... the cost is too great and you could say I'm a person who needs insurance more than most. However, I have made a choice to forego what many would consider sound medical advice to no longer receive regular tests that I "need".

How one argues the economy is better today than ever is dizzying to me. A few years ago we were giving huge bailouts to companies and it was reported we were on the verge of total collapse sending us back to the great depression days. The internet and China have changed this world's economy forever.

Why you and Wade are beating the drum for it being "better" here when many families are struggling to get by is a great, great mystery. Hey, I'm all about optimism but to turn a blind eye to real problems isn't optimism it's aversion.

Go tell Detroit things are great. I'm not speaking about the automakers. Many cities infrastructure is in total decay. No money for improvements.

The school district that was so highly touted and one of the main reasons we moved to this suburb of Dallas was found to be cooking books to receive funding and ended up having to pay back nearly 15 mil. compromising education here for the next several years. The money ain't flowin' like it used to but it's better now in that regard?

How's unemployment in your area? Gas? Food? Healthcare? All of it is OUTRAGEOUS. Oh, soon we'll have someone posting prices of a liter in London. America does NOT lead in healthcare and that is a big quality of life issue.

I'm directly affected by all these parentless daycare raised children who watch garbage on TV and listen to revolting music lyrics. My oldest is a special needs student...picked on from the outset in middle school by finely raised kids with no moral compass. Yes, that affects me. It affects me when a gang of teens drove through here a year or so ago and beat one of the neighborhood kids almost to death while wielding guns. These were teenagers.

Many are discouraged by the corruption they see. Many are good honest hardworking people who see how little reward there is for doing so. Watching the cheaters in life make out like bandits. Happens in college athletics and all areas of life. I'm affected when i see a justice system say prison is too oppressive for a well to do man and he gets only probation for sexually molesting a youth while minorities get hammered for much less minor offenses because they are "nobody" in society. Total inequity in justice.

For the umpteenth time it smacks of total self centeredness to speak of how wonderful it is here when many are struggling. You should be on your knees thankful you have steered clear of the pitfalls of trying to live in today"s "great times". I am happy for you and for anyone who is experiencing great times. You just don't speak for all nor should you even consider trying.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You are exactly what this forum needed! A prolific and fairly competent -anti- poster to my eminently positive posts. Previously, all we had was an uncivil idiot who ruined literally every interesting thread we had with his off-the-wall crap and this limpy band of left wing parttimers who drift in and out - mostly out - of competence - that and Wade, who contrary to what you seem to think, is hardly in lock step with me. He identifies himself as an anarchist - fortunately without apparent Ron Paul-type idiocy. While he is staunchly pro-American - which really is just common sense, despite the posting of you and the lefties to the contrary. I'm battling the leftist Obamaphiles in this forum and another, and "rightist" (although I hate calling them that) Paul-types in a different one. I guess that makes me a moderate hahahaha - another term I really hate being thought of. You - mysteriously? - have not yet tipped your hand as to what you are - all this posting and nothing either pro- or anti- Obama, Hillary, Reagan, Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Ryan, Perry, whatever. You also have not displayed clear cut liberal or conservative tendencies on other issues - a big whatever about that. I don't want to push you - just to convince you on this one supremely important topic - American goodness and dominance in the world, both for our own continued excellent lives and for the good of the civilized world. You did identify yourself as a former (?) city level government employee. I doubt you have read my posts on the subject, but my own strongest hatred in terms of government intrusion is not the NSA or BLM or other Fed intruders, but the local crap that really does affect my life on a daily basis - stupid traffic laws, code enforcers, etc. Hopefully you aren't part of that crowd hahahaha.

Did I EVER argue that our economy is better than ever? I don't think so. What I have claimed and continue to claim is that the net quality of our lives - virtually everybody in this country - is better than ever. Mostly, that goodness is due to technological advances - what my generation has seen, as well as each generation before and after mine. I would further argue that any erosion of freedom - either validly in the name of security and crime-fighting or disgustingly in the name of regulation and social engineering - has not been significant enough to make a dime's worth of difference in the daily lives of good people with nothing to hide. I said that in a different forum and subsequently found out that my rivals' highest priority was as druggies protecting their stash hahahaha. Hopefully that isn't you either.

My economic beliefs are well known if you read far enough back in here. This is one area where Wade and I are in disagreement. Like the liberals, I believe in Keynesian economics and the benefits of using debt financing. The massive ever-increasing national debt, IMO, is no threat whatsoever. Why? Because the Dollar is the world's Reserve Currency - meaning all international transactions are in dollars. Unlike any other country - which basically needs to generate dollars by production, resources, etc., all we need to do is pay our debt by printing more dollars - dollars back by our own debt instruments - a beautiful scenario that basically leaves our creditor nations "paying tribute" in the medieval sense to us - as well they should, since American military dominance preserves and enhances quality of life in their nations also. Does this cause inflation? Not significantly, and not as much as inflation virtually everywhere else in the world. Why will the Dollar remain the world's reserve currency? Because we are the biggest dog in the yard - the dominant military power - We don't need to use that power; We don't need to threaten; We just are. The leftists who despise American dominance and the Ron/Rand Paul America-hating idiots who also detest America's dominant and beneficent role, are the biggest threats to basically what enables our free, secure, and comfortable way of life. I am confident, however, that if push really came to shove, our military would step in and prevent things from being screwed up.

Your laundry list of problems and things worse than in the past seems to be mostly behavioral/social/moral. I tend to agree with you on pretty much all of the individual issues you mentioned. Blame for most of it goes to the God damned leftists over the last half century or so - whether because of an actual agenda of dragging down America or just misguided dogooderism. The equally misguided libertarian types are also not blameless, however, as they tend to detest using police power to regulate "morals", as well as placing things like privacy ahead of combating bad guys, either simple criminals or terrorists. So I have to ask you, you stated the problem - complete with details and examples. Who do you blame, and more importantly, what would you recommend doing about it? Even the items you mentioned, in most cases, I would contend do not affect most of us on a daily basis if at all.

Bottom line: I strongly contend that whatever bad there might be is GREATLY outweighed by the Great goodness we ALL experience in terms of security from harm, and freedom to enjoy our toys and games and comforts. I honestly don't see how this is even a close call for any good normal person who simply examines their own life and what their own eyes and ears tell them.

dfosterf
9 years ago
I never caught the part about Texas being 67 with a 28 yr old until now.

All other subjects (semi-quoting Patton, here, lol) shrink to insignificance.

Shit, I thought I was all that with my multi-teen age differential....

I'm tradin' in, bitches! just as soon as this one dumps me like the others have done, lol

As to all other matters. We (collectively) reap what we sow.

Keep electing these libs, embrace all the PC---at your peril. Watch, learn and live through it. It is your nickel, young people, so I'm personally ok with being "out of it" , as a conservative...

The wisdom may come, eventually, but it will be quite expensive, imo.

e.g.

Global warming. I think we can all agree that this administration has a real problem with coal.

China is building between one and six coal-fired power plants.

Not a year, not a month...

Every week. Look it up. The primary reason for the rapid expansion of the coal plants is to produce electricity for the manufacturing plants that produce cheap goods for American and European consumers. There is irony in there, somewhere.

They apparently did not get the memo from Jay Carney or the Pres. on that dirty coal.
DakotaT
9 years ago
What are we suppose to do, let all you war mongers keep bankrupting the country and continue to slaughter innocent women and children around the world? Enough of that shit already.

I have a horrible comment to make on the young wife to make, but he hasn't pissed me off enough yet to say it.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

I never caught the part about Texas being 67 with a 28 yr old until now.

All other subjects (semi-quoting Patton, here, lol) shrink to insignificance.

Shit, I thought I was all that with my multi-teen age differential....

I'm tradin' in, bitches! just as soon as this one dumps me like the others have done, lol

As to all other matters. We (collectively) reap what we sow.

Keep electing these libs, embrace all the PC---at your peril. Watch, learn and live through it. It is your nickel, young people, so I'm personally ok with being "out of it" , as a conservative...

The wisdom may come, eventually, but it will be quite expensive, imo.

e.g.

Global warming. I think we can all agree that this administration has a real problem with coal.

China is building between one and six coal-fired power plants.

Not a year, not a month...

Every week. Look it up. The primary reason for the rapid expansion of the coal plants is to produce electricity for the manufacturing plants that produce cheap goods for American and European consumers. There is irony in there, somewhere.

They apparently did not get the memo from Jay Carney or the Pres. on that dirty coal.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Try Philippine, Gunny. You'll never regret it.

Yeah, all those social/moral/cultural ills that uffda rattled off are directly attributable to the CHANGE wrought by the God damned leftists - the Obama crowd and a whole generation before him. Like you say, we elected 'em, and that's the result. The guy won't tip his hand, though - is he part of the problem or is he justified in complaining about crap done by the side he opposes?

Global warming is discredited more and more every day. As for the Chicoms using coal, one effect is to show the hypocrisy of the anti-American neo-Communist left with their diatribe about American pollution but not that of the enemy.
dfosterf
9 years ago
Subic Bay was always considered the best duty station on earth for Navy/Marine personnel. We had our priorities straight. Good for you, Texas. =d>
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.