Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
Okay, this is my new favorite from first-pick.com. Parentheses represents that sites grades, not mine.

(And, yes, I'm trading down....multiple times. So those of you who object to multiple trade down scenarios can skip...[grin1] )

Your score is: 5101 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 3 Pick 2 (WASH): Tre Mason, RB, Auburn (A) As far from need as it is possible to be, except for QB. But IMO one goal of this draft should be to add real speed on offense. Real good receiver, has it all. With Lacy/Mason as one/two RB punch, plus the usual passing excellence.....this offense can be sickening, unprecedentedly dominant. And when Attachou went in first half of 2nd (15 or 17, I think), I traded a 2nd I hadnt originally thought I'd trade and drop out of the second entirely. A third on a running back isn't that bad IMO.

Round 3 Pick 8 (MINN): Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame (A).
My number two TE after Ebron, and no way did I think TE needed either first or second round attention. I've sad many times that I don't want the Packers to be the ones willing to risk Finley's health, and IMO this guy may be better than an uninjured Finley.

Round 3 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A). Not as a big favorite with me as with others (I like Dixon better at SS, but this is too early for him). But also didn't expect him to last to here.

Round 3 Pick 22 (PHI): Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State (A). Really like this guy, think he's mid-second talent at least. Ten-year starter potential. Only reason he falls here is the "don't draft centers early" prejudice.

Round 3 Pick 32 (MINN): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee (A-).
Absolutely, positively love this guy. If there is one draft pick that will make me happy its "Shade Tree" McCullers. I almost picked him at 21. I don't think he's available at 34, even though in this online picker he usually ends up being there. If he falls to 34, though, I'm screaming "McCullers" at the TV at the top of my voice in hopes of influencing Ted Thompson to pick him. I guarantee that if he's picked, the only way Raji gets significant reps is if he is full-time where he was for the last third of 2010.

Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State (B+).
Not need, but real value for the position IMO. And as they say, cant ever have enough good corners. If Stanley-Baptiste lasts this long, it would be a tougher choice, but I probably go with Reynolds regardless.

Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada (B). Either him or JuWan James from Tennessee, and Bitonio has the "multiple positions" ability. James probably requires an earlier pick, too. (I have them tied for third in my choice of all tackles that might be available at round 1#21 or later Packer picks (after Lewan and Mewhort).

Round 4 Pick 5 (JAX): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B). My biggest disappointment in this draft was not getting Yawin Smallwood at ILB, but he went 13th in the 2nd, which is earlier than he should. At the very least offers an upgrade over the current Jones on the Packer LB roster. A significant one, IMO.

Round 4 Pick 14 (JAX): Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama (C).
Bit of a reach, but I really like this guy, too. I think between now and the draft you will see him moving up perhaps as early as first few picks in 4th.

Round 4 Pick 21: Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama (B-)
You know me, I want three OL in every draft. Didnt think he'd be available at 4 in the 5th round. Was either him or Trai Turner, and I have Steen a bit higher. Plus SS Dixon, the pick I was planning went two picks earlier, annoyingly. Might have gone ILB again with Zumwalt, but he was gone, too.

Round 5 Pick 4 (JAX): Nat Berhe, SS, San Diego State (D+)
Really under-rated IMO. Wanted both him and Jones or Grant (see later), but since was easily best safety left, didn't want to gamble. Plays both SS and FS. Between him and Bucannon (or Dixon, who I would start considering at 34 in the fourth if Bucannon is gone) and Burnett -- going to be some real competition for starting and playing time IMO.

Frankly, once I get Berhe, I have everything I wanted in this draft except Clinton-Dix (who isn't worth the trade-up price he would take to get in the top 12-14 of round) and improvement at OLB, and Stinson may provide depth even there. Two starting quality safeties, NT to replace Raji, ILB improvement, speed on offense, a second starting-quality TE, and of, course, "OLOLOL." Plus I've managed to get the speed in a starting-quality RB package and add a really good corner to push Hayward and the others.

So everything else from here on is gravy:

Round 5 Pick 19 (JAX): TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Cannot believe this guy falls this far. I know people are sold on WRs we have, but this guy runs great routes. Third-round quality IMO. He will push instantly for #3 spot if Mike McCarthy lets him. If he or Ryan Grant falls to the Packers, I'm all of a sudden much less concerned with the loss of Jennings and Jones to FA in consecutive years.

Round 5 Pick 21: Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State (C-)
Another DL a bit early, but was "best-on-board." He won't last to 21st pick of round 6, but might last to the first third of that round. More incentive for Raji, too. And cheaper.

Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Ryan Grant, WR, Tulane (A).
Started picks late, and ending them early. Tough choice here. Had several possibles for this pick (Urschel at OG, Bullough at ILB, Whitley at FS, Whitlock and Gardner at DE, Archer at speed WR/returner, Colvin at S/CB, Blanchflower/Breen/Navjar at TE), but they were all major reaches for the draft position, and at least a couple of them are likely to be available as FA after the draft. Grant, on the other hand, is like Jones at #19 -- great route runner, great maturity in set of moves. Between him and Jones, this would be a set of WR *better* than the Packers had in 2010/2011.

6 picks in the top 98, 4 more in the fourth, and 4 more in the fifth. That, IMO, would be a major cool draft.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Pack93z
9 years ago
Any combination of Borland.. Abbracadabra  and James White will do a ton for me in this draft.

Borland for as much as his heart and drive than his talent.. personally he is the type of infectious player we have been missing on this defense. Heart and soul type player.. athletic as they come.. maybe a little short but ask Carlos Hyde about his leverage .

Abby is the type of cerebral receiver that will develop with Rodgers and give us another productive target.. his durability is my question.

Do we need another running back.. no.. but White is the type of space player that can throw in wrinkles to the offense.. plus I think he could be utilized effectively in special team. Unselfish player and from all accounts very fine person.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
9 years ago

Any combination of Borland.. Abbracadabra  and James White will do a ton for me in this draft.

Borland for as much as his heart and drive than his talent.. personally he is the type of infectious player we have been missing on this defense. Heart and soul type player.. athletic as they come.. maybe a little short but ask Carlos Hyde about his leverage .

Abby is the type of cerebral receiver that will develop with Rodgers and give us another productive target.. his durability is my question.

Do we need another running back.. no.. but White is the type of space player that can throw in wrinkles to the offense.. plus I think he could be utilized effectively in special team. Unselfish player and from all accounts very fine person.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Draftek.com has a new mock with our first 3 picks being Shazier, Bucannon and Borland. Imagine how that would completely change our defense for the better.
http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp 
play2win
9 years ago

Okay, this is my new favorite from first-pick.com. Parentheses represents that sites grades, not mine.

(And, yes, I'm trading down....multiple times. So those of you who object to multiple trade down scenarios can skip...[grin1] )

Your score is: 5101 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 3 Pick 2 (WASH): Tre Mason, RB, Auburn (A) As far from need as it is possible to be, except for QB. But IMO one goal of this draft should be to add real speed on offense. Real good receiver, has it all. With Lacy/Mason as one/two RB punch, plus the usual passing excellence.....this offense can be sickening, unprecedentedly dominant. And when Attachou went in first half of 2nd (15 or 17, I think), I traded a 2nd I hadnt originally thought I'd trade and drop out of the second entirely. A third on a running back isn't that bad IMO.

Round 3 Pick 8 (MINN): Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame (A).
My number two TE after Ebron, and no way did I think TE needed either first or second round attention. I've sad many times that I don't want the Packers to be the ones willing to risk Finley's health, and IMO this guy may be better than an uninjured Finley.

Round 3 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A). Not as a big favorite with me as with others (I like Dixon better at SS, but this is too early for him). But also didn't expect him to last to here.

Round 3 Pick 22 (PHI): Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State (A). Really like this guy, think he's mid-second talent at least. Ten-year starter potential. Only reason he falls here is the "don't draft centers early" prejudice.

Round 3 Pick 32 (MINN): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee (A-).
Absolutely, positively love this guy. If there is one draft pick that will make me happy its "Shade Tree" McCullers. I almost picked him at 21. I don't think he's available at 34, even though in this online picker he usually ends up being there. If he falls to 34, though, I'm screaming "McCullers" at the TV at the top of my voice in hopes of influencing Ted Thompson to pick him. I guarantee that if he's picked, the only way Raji gets significant reps is if he is full-time where he was for the last third of 2010.

Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State (B+).
Not need, but real value for the position IMO. And as they say, cant ever have enough good corners. If Stanley-Baptiste lasts this long, it would be a tougher choice, but I probably go with Reynolds regardless.

Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada (B). Either him or JuWan James from Tennessee, and Bitonio has the "multiple positions" ability. James probably requires an earlier pick, too. (I have them tied for third in my choice of all tackles that might be available at round 1#21 or later Packer picks (after Lewan and Mewhort).

Round 4 Pick 5 (JAX): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B). My biggest disappointment in this draft was not getting Yawin Smallwood at ILB, but he went 13th in the 2nd, which is earlier than he should. At the very least offers an upgrade over the current Jones on the Packer LB roster. A significant one, IMO.

Round 4 Pick 14 (JAX): Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama (C).
Bit of a reach, but I really like this guy, too. I think between now and the draft you will see him moving up perhaps as early as first few picks in 4th.

Round 4 Pick 21: Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama (B-)
You know me, I want three OL in every draft. Didnt think he'd be available at 4 in the 5th round. Was either him or Trai Turner, and I have Steen a bit higher. Plus SS Dixon, the pick I was planning went two picks earlier, annoyingly. Might have gone ILB again with Zumwalt, but he was gone, too.

Round 5 Pick 4 (JAX): Nat Berhe, SS, San Diego State (D+)
Really under-rated IMO. Wanted both him and Jones or Grant (see later), but since was easily best safety left, didn't want to gamble. Plays both SS and FS. Between him and Bucannon (or Dixon, who I would start considering at 34 in the fourth if Bucannon is gone) and Burnett -- going to be some real competition for starting and playing time IMO.

Frankly, once I get Berhe, I have everything I wanted in this draft except Clinton-Dix (who isn't worth the trade-up price he would take to get in the top 12-14 of round) and improvement at OLB, and Stinson may provide depth even there. Two starting quality safeties, NT to replace Raji, ILB improvement, speed on offense, a second starting-quality TE, and of, course, "OLOLOL." Plus I've managed to get the speed in a starting-quality RB package and add a really good corner to push Hayward and the others.

So everything else from here on is gravy:

Round 5 Pick 19 (JAX): TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Cannot believe this guy falls this far. I know people are sold on WRs we have, but this guy runs great routes. Third-round quality IMO. He will push instantly for #3 spot if Mike McCarthy lets him. If he or Ryan Grant falls to the Packers, I'm all of a sudden much less concerned with the loss of Jennings and Jones to FA in consecutive years.

Round 5 Pick 21: Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State (C-)
Another DL a bit early, but was "best-on-board." He won't last to 21st pick of round 6, but might last to the first third of that round. More incentive for Raji, too. And cheaper.

Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Ryan Grant, WR, Tulane (A).
Started picks late, and ending them early. Tough choice here. Had several possibles for this pick (Urschel at OG, Bullough at ILB, Whitley at FS, Whitlock and Gardner at DE, Archer at speed WR/returner, Colvin at S/CB, Blanchflower/Breen/Navjar at TE), but they were all major reaches for the draft position, and at least a couple of them are likely to be available as FA after the draft. Grant, on the other hand, is like Jones at #19 -- great route runner, great maturity in set of moves. Between him and Jones, this would be a set of WR *better* than the Packers had in 2010/2011.

6 picks in the top 98, 4 more in the fourth, and 4 more in the fifth. That, IMO, would be a major cool draft.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2014-nfl-draft/2014/5/6/5685902/2014-nfl-draft-profile-san-diego-state-ss-nat-berhe 
mi_keys
9 years ago

Draftek.com has a new mock with our first 3 picks being Shazier, Bucannon and Borland. Imagine how that would completely change our defense for the better.
http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp 

Originally Posted by: play2win 

All we'd need is someone to dominate at nose tackle (either added or on our roster already), freeing up Shazier to go hunting and I'd expect that defense to take a huge step forward.
Born and bred a cheesehead
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Did the trade down thing, then traded back up into the 3rd rnd. Seems to be a lot of solid players available late rnd 2 through rnd 4.

I like the results

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 12 (STL): Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (CAR): Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 7 (CLE): Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 8 (MINN): Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 21: Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA (B)
Round 3 Pick 22 (PHI): Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (C+)
Round 4 Pick 22 (PHI): Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida (A)
Round 4 Pick 28 (CAR): Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 22 (PHI): Xavier Grimble, TE, Southern California (A-)
Round 5 Pick 28 (CAR): Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 5 Pick 30 (S.F.): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Nat Berhe, SS, San Diego State (B+)

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

I'd take a small guy if it meant we finally had a guy who knew how to tackle. In that whole video I saw maybe four cases of substandard tackling technique....and at least two of them were cases where most wouldn't even be in the neighborhood. He isn't as good as Pryor, but he is, IMO, has substantially better tackling technique. And every time I watch his video he seems to have more closing acceleration.

I have two guys I would really like to see in Green and Gold more than just about anyone available at their drafting positions: one everyone knows; Berhe is the other.

I think this guy is going to surprise people. Probably not for GB, since Ted likes short DBs even less than most GMs, but for someone.

WRs may be able to go higher for the ball than he can, but will they come down with it?

I want Bucannon, but if they can't get him, I'd be cool with putting the pressure on Berhe.

He's gonna make it somewhere. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in year one.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

I'd take a small guy if it meant we finally had a guy who knew how to tackle. In that whole video I saw maybe four cases of substandard tackling technique....and at least two of them were cases where most wouldn't even be in the neighborhood. He isn't as good as Pryor, but he is, IMO, has substantially better tackling technique. And every time I watch his video he seems to have more closing acceleration.

This is precisely why I'm high on Ward: he may not be as fast, athletic or deliver the same big hits as some of the other S in the draft, but rarely do you see him completely out of position and whiffing on plays.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
play2win
9 years ago

I have two guys I would really like to see in Green and Gold more than just about anyone available at their drafting positions: one everyone knows; Berhe is the other.

I think this guy is going to surprise people. Probably not for GB, since Ted likes short DBs even less than most GMs, but for someone.

WRs may be able to go higher for the ball than he can, but will they come down with it?

I want Bucannon, but if they can't get him, I'd be cool with putting the pressure on Berhe.

He's gonna make it somewhere. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in year one.

Well, size does not indicate real NFL ability in a total sense. And, man, can Behre tackle. Dude takes all the right angles, and he is fast. Hits like a ton.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders