sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
I've seen several mocks lately that have the Packers taking Jenkins at #21. Since I don't know anything about most of these guys I rely on your expertise (or maybe its your ability to bullshhit me) on such things. What say you all to Jenkins at 21. I know it depends a lot on who is still available but try to disregard that for this purpose. Is Jenkins a good pick at 21? It seems that he was slated as a 2nd rounder not long ago by most "experts"
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I've seen several mocks lately that have the Packers taking Jenkins at #21. Since I don't know anything about most of these guys I rely on your expertise (or maybe its your ability to bullshhit me) on such things. What say you all to Jenkins at 21. I know it depends a lot on who is still available but try to disregard that for this purpose. Is Jenkins a good pick at 21? It seems that he was slated as a 2nd rounder not long ago by most "experts"

Originally Posted by: sschind 

All projections I have seen have him being available in rnd 2 for The Packers if they would want him.

JMHO, but Jenkins at #21 would be a real reach, Ebron may fall to 21, and if he does, that would probably mean there was a run on defensive players with the top 20 picks(not what The Packers want).

Ebron at #21 yes, Jenkins no. Jenkins at #53, a real possibility.

Of course if Ebron is the BPA at #21, then look for Ted to find a trading partner to move down and pick up an extra 2nd rnd pick.

This draft is said to be loaded with exceptional talent throughout, so it is very tough to predict exactly what is going to happen.

Not Long Now!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
9 years ago
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=austin%20seferian-jenkins&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CDkQuAIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlPZ5ZDWEADo&ei=_7hdU5PKOuHN2QX064CgCQ&usg=AFQjCNEUNLcSaZFsFzCnj6ez5WUY6oa8Gg&sig2=4vAE9qeqqmA_0D6juOmACg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=austin%20seferian-jenkins&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CE0QFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fdraft%2F2014%2Fprofiles%2Faustin-seferian-jenkins%3Fid%3D2543683&ei=_7hdU5PKOuHN2QX064CgCQ&usg=AFQjCNFGz7qefk4NIc2vaXWFR_ySMR7SHw&sig2=jiRhS6h9vt7a7hONM1oV9A 

Seems like one of those very talented but lazy guys Sschind.

UserPostedImage
Yerko
9 years ago
If ASJ is selected at 21, I will rip my damn eyes out.

👎

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago
I've seen him slotted to the Packers in the 1st round on multiple mock drafts recently, especially those at nfl.com. I don't see it. I'd love him in the second round though.
steveishere
9 years ago
I like the guy as a TE but I don't really like any TE in the 1st round. I would rather just run with Quarless and Bostick than use an early pick on a TE unless it's a well rounded one in the 3rd ish area who is going to bring more to the table than just decent #3/4 receiver production at best.
Laser Gunns
9 years ago
Go Huskies!

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
porky88
9 years ago

An injured foot prevented Seferian-Jenkins from participating in any pre-draft event. Nevertheless, he is the most complete tight end in this draft with a skill set that mirrors New England’s Rob Gronkowski. He has the prototype size (6-foot-5, 262 pounds) and athleticism to emerge as a big-time NFL starting tight end. He has the versatility to lineup outside as a receiver or in-line as a traditional tight end. He’s a natural pass catcher and capable of making acrobatic plays on the football. He’s also a good route runner. In conclusion, Seferian-Jenkins will represent one of the best value picks of this draft class. He’s the total package at an ever-evolving position. He exhibits the athleticism and fluidity of today’s breed of tight end, yet his size, toughness, and red zone ability gives him an old-school flavor.

That is my amateur scouting report on him. Keep in mind, had Gronk went in the first round, many would’ve booed the pick because the media had him as a day two player.

My Top 10 Tight Ends 

By the way, post No. 3000 🖐
play2win
9 years ago

If ASJ is selected at 21, I will rip my damn eyes out.

👎

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

=d> =d> =d> =d> 😆
sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
Thanks for the replies. what you have all said is pretty much what I had gathered.

I did read that report Dakota and it meshed with several others I have read as well. The thing is with most of these reports they seam rather mechanical that's why I asked you guys. It seems like he needs more development than one would like out of a first rounder, even at 21.

As far as Ebron goes I have rarely seen a mock that has him available but you are right buckeye, I don't know if Ted would draft him if he could trade him away and get more picks. Of course I don't know if there is a single player that is projected to be available that would cause Ted to say "screw the trade we are taking this guy." Maybe if Dix or Pryor falls but I've seen enough negatives on Pryor to think that Ted might even consider trading him away.

We shall know soon. We would have known by now if they hadn't moved the draft back.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.