digsthepack
10 years ago
Rich, poor; right, left; religious, athiest; white, black; conservative, liberal; Coke, Pepsi....blah, blah, fucking blah. All of the above are brands, and as all brands, they are marketed to enlist the most consumers possible in a rather cutthroat manner.

All this talk about the Bible (not terribly religious myself) and political affiliation (moderate conservative myself) and the need to defend our arguments to the point of alienating other, decent people who happen to view things a little differently is indicative, and indictment of, the culture we live in. Absolute right needs absolute wrong....as there is no longer a middle ground. Don't know Cheesey personally, but know from his posts over the years that he is a decent, sensitive and caring human being who does not know hate in himself...who also has his own opinions. I don't know him to use his opinions to put others in their place, but he certainly soul searches, and based on his beliefs comes up scratching his head....as we all do from time to time. For him to share his questions and/or concerns, only to be eviscerated by others is kinda fucked up.

Dakota, you are a pretty sharp stick and it is very evident you are informed and have a brain in your cranium.....and a load of opinions like so many others. In my opinion, more entrenched and unmoving than those you rail against for having their own, differing, opinion(s). To disagree with you is not cause for war, or for the snarkiness that you feel compelled to use against others to shut them up or come out on the "winning side" of the debate/argument. Hell, you are the person who blames an entire generation for fucking your generation and the future up....kinda strong and not very well reasoned for someone with the cranial capacity you possess.

Yes, Dakota, the baby boomers, both left and right; rich and poor; black and white; liberal and conservative have made a mess. They simply built upon the mess that was laid before them by prior generations, and the one that follows will do the same. But, to brand EVERYONE of a single generation for the state we are in is as single minded, and misguided, a position that I have seen. You are better than that.....

Our problems are with our political class who play board games with humanity from their sheltered and protective (legally and otherwise), often time Ivy League educated, perches. How dare they lock urban and rural poor children of ALL races in schools that have failed for generations. Most "rich" people I know worked their asses off, sacrificed much, and put EVERYTHING on the line...and with a little luck, succeeded. We need a social safety net for the needy and helpless...on that we should all agree. That a government should take from the hard working and successful for something beyond the social safety net....you know, the one's who found a bar stool or meth pipe and who continue to make that same fucked up mistakes over and over again...just to get their votes if fucked up. Dirty business all the way around.

Be more concerned about the mega entities (banks, finance, law, and business) who ARE IN BED with the politicians on both sides, whose mistakes and law breaking are glossed over and in many cases rewarded by their political caretakers....and the poor/middle class that TOLERATE this behavior! Yeah, these politicians/entities are monied/rich....but in many cases they are voted in and/or found acceptable...over and over again regardless of demonstrable poor past performance.....by the poor and working class just so that can get what they figure they are OWED by society...be it a welfare check or enhanced dividends on heir investments Talk about co-dependency!!

We get the government and society we deserve....and all of us, rich, poor; right, left; religious, athiest; white, black; conservative, liberal...have made a grand, fucking mess out of the most wonderful experiment in mankind's history.

Our Founders realized that our democracy required a moral...and I am not saying religious here...society to flourish. We have lost our direction and it is represented in our lives daily...and sometimes how we treat decent human beings just because they disagree with us.

Try to be nice to others, especially those with whom you disagree....we can all do better in this regard.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
DakotaT
10 years ago
Just once I'd like for some of my "elders" in here to give me something to believe in. Instead of taking accountability for your fucked up generation of me, me, me; I'd like to hear that you're going to fix the things you broke instead of kicking the can down the road. Basically you guys can all kiss my ass on this one.

And as far as everyone's "feelings" go on these topics - if you don't want to get down and ugly with your opinions, then don't get into the conversation. Stand up for your convictions or go home. I have no empathy for anybody that picks on minorities of any kind, I believe I have been perfectly clear on this issue over a long period of time. All you are is a bully who's getting his ass called out on the playground. People who "made it" in life shouldn't bitch, cry, and moan about paying taxes to a country that allowed them to have the lives the enjoy. That attitude sickens me.

And anybody that wants to hide behind "old glory" and the Constitution to cover up the fact they are bigots is getting a new ass torn, on a regular basis. It is not un-American to call out bull shit, it is your duty as a voting citizen, whether it is a foreign, domestic, or environmental issue.

Now, I have to go to work, so that I can pay the taxes to keep you boomer's SS checks coming in. LOL
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
10 years ago
Hi. Digs the pack
LJ. Here Al's. Wife
Spoken like a true warrior--
Religious & non religious statement
Said with truth & style & grace
As a whole comment.
Those who can't battle tough subjects with out
Flinging poop - will need a Purple Heart after reading what you wrote.
Personally I thank you for saying a lot
Of how I feel .I laugh in such
Agreement. it's so truthful it's out right
Fart- funny - - all the
"Feel sorry for me "& pretend to be stupid to
Get along. as long as you fit in & don't have
Opinions - you are accepted.
With all appreciation
I hope this stops the bullying.
So relieved
Thank you ever so much
L.J.
<3 priceless 🙂.

UserPostedImage
digsthepack
10 years ago
Thanks you for addressing nothing that was in my comments, if in fact that is what you were responding to. A whole lotta volume with little substance. You seem to think you know something about me when in fact you know nothing but my forum name. It must be amazing to have the power to conjure up "knowledge" of others so that they fit the portrait that fuels your angst. Beyond ironic that you would choose to call me a bully for, I believe, thoughtfully presenting some ideas when most of your comments are nothing less than verbal razor blades designed to cut, hurt and shut others up.

I am not quite sure if you are truly as angry a person as your comments portray, or if this is some kind of schtick...a persona you adopt for shits and giggles. You must be commended for the fact you can maintain your anger and/or persona so consistently....although it strikes me as exhausting. Enjoy your one sided dialogues...screaming at others is not an exchange of ideas or a conversation....basically you are an internet Rush Limbaugh full of venom and contempt.

Good luck sir, anger like that will eat you up from the inside out, and you won't even know it until you are in the deep shit. I wish you and your family nothing but good health and happiness in your future pursuits.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
DakotaT
10 years ago

Thanks you for addressing nothing that was in my comments, if in fact that is what you were responding to. A whole lotta volume with little substance. You seem to think you know something about me when in fact you know nothing but my forum name. It must be amazing to have the power to conjure up "knowledge" of others so that they fit the portrait that fuels your angst. Beyond ironic that you would choose to call me a bully for, I believe, thoughtfully presenting some ideas when most of your comments are nothing less than verbal razor blades designed to cut, hurt and shut others up.

I am not quite sure if you are truly as angry a person as your comments portray, or if this is some kind of schtick...a persona you adopt for shits and giggles. You must be commended for the fact you can maintain your anger and/or persona so consistently....although it strikes me as exhausting. Enjoy your one sided dialogues...screaming at others is not an exchange of ideas or a conversation....basically you are an internet Rush Limbaugh full of venom and contempt.

Good luck sir, anger like that will eat you up from the inside out, and you won't even know it until you are in the deep shit. I wish you and your family nothing but good health and happiness in your future pursuits.

Originally Posted by: digsthepack 

I don't think I addressed anybody in particular, but if you feel that way, I guess that's you decisions. Facts are facts, you boomers inherited a debt free world - a country with an outstanding future, and look what has happened on your watch? Again, ACCOUNTABILITY - a word Boomers cannot identify with. Just let the future generations deal with the wake of your Greed.

Also, you've given me ass chewings in the past, so you taking some kind of high road here is pretty laughable. And you want to know what irony is, Digs; comparing me to Rush Limbaugh, when he is THE major factor in how fucked up the mind of the average hard right wing asshole is. I'm just a guy pointing out some pretty obvious flaws in philosophies that have needed to be challenged for a very long time.

You enjoy the rest of your day Digs. So sorry I'm such a pain in the ass to the Utopia you all seem to think you've provided.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I don't think I addressed anybody in particular, but if you feel that way, I guess that's you decisions. Facts are facts, you boomers inherited a debt free world - a country with an outstanding future, and look what has happened on your watch? Again, ACCOUNTABILITY - a word Boomers cannot identify with. Just let the future generations deal with the wake of your Greed.

Also, you've given me ass chewings in the past, so you taking some kind of high road here is pretty laughable. And you want to know what irony is, Digs; comparing me to Rush Limbaugh, when he is THE major factor in how fucked up the mind of the average hard right wing asshole is. I'm just a guy pointing out some pretty obvious flaws in philosophies that have needed to be challenged for a very long time.

You enjoy the rest of your day Digs. So sorry I'm such a pain in the ass to the Utopia you all seem to think you've provided.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

While it's a little bit amusing to see somebody call you on your foibles, I have to say, unthinking fools like him, who basically have nothing to say except disrespecting good serious discussion of serious topics, are quantumly worse than wrongheaded but passionate people like you.

It's particularly funny that he complained about you answering basically NOTHING from his post hahahaha. Anybody who reads your posts should know, you virtually NEVER reply on point when you are countered/outclassed/chastized.

He also displayed particular idiocy - and at the same time betrayed his self-labeling (moderate conservative) with his comparison of you and Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh is slick and essentially UNconfrontational - merely reflecting the beliefs of good normal people, unlike you - who are not slick and are the essence of confrontation (I say that in the nicest possible way hahahaha).

One more thing, As I've told you before, there is a significant difference between UN-American - which I've never called you, and ANTI-American - which I regularly call you because your words are so virulently slanted that way.

I guess I could have just said, you aren't as bad as your recent detractor.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
10 years ago
Yeah don't worry about it too much Texas, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a pretty big boy and my feelings don't usually get hurt. Getting told off from somebody in your generation just makes me laugh. You Boomers just don't command the respect that your egos feel is warranted, but that's only my opinion. Isn't it funny the lengths people go to tell my that my opinion is wrong? I wonder why that is?
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Yeah don't worry about it too much Texas, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a pretty big boy and my feelings don't usually get hurt. Getting told off from somebody in your generation just makes me laugh. You Boomers just don't command the respect that your egos feel is warranted, but that's only my opinion. Isn't it funny the lengths people go to tell my that my opinion is wrong? I wonder why that is?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Uh ........ because it is? ....... wrong I mean.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
10 years ago

Uh ........ because it is? ....... wrong I mean.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

What's wrong was 30 years of trickle down economics which lined the pockets of a bunch of assholes that ultimately ruined America. But you keep holding on to those Reagan values, while I laugh at your dumb ass.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
California school bans US flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo? Does this mean they won't be verbalizing the pledge of allegiance?
UserPostedImage