Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline IronMan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:03:08 PM(UTC)
IronMan

Rank: Pro Bowl

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Posts: 3,490
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

http://bigstory.ap.org/a...an-us-flag-shirts-safety

People wonder why I rail on liberals so much. Because they keep coming up with stupid shit like this. Liberals are absolutely destroying this country. We're turning into a bunch of spineless pussies with no backbones.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 2/28/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:33:53 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: IronMan Go to Quoted Post
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/court-school-can-ban-us-flag-shirts-safety

People wonder why I rail on liberals so much. Because they keep coming up with stupid shit like this. Liberals are absolutely destroying this country. We're turning into a bunch of spineless pussies with no backbones.


I completely agree with you, but I would suggest there are a helluva lot more significant issues than this to battle with the leftists over.

I don't know if you are old like me or young or somewhere in between, but I can remember when OUR side didn't like people - hippies to be specific - wearing the flag.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:04:34 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,263
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

LOL - what exactly was the reason given in our history books for the massive land grab of the American Southwest? Yeah, they're taking it back, one block at a time.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:01:28 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
LOL - what exactly was the reason given in our history books for the massive land grab of the American Southwest? Yeah, they're taking it back, one block at a time.


I don't know ...... your kind - the damn leftists - are the ones who wrote the history books.

I think you alluded to the answer you're looking for in the other thread: WE - America - really ARE superior people. That would be a "humanist" point of view. Take your pick, either THAT or the fact that God chose America - the modern day incarnation of Biblical Israel - to dominate the world until Christ Himself returns to rule. I prefer the latter, but I could go with either one.

You can run and hide now, Dakota. That's what you generally do when you are getting an ass-kicking hahahaha.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 5:09:19 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,263
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I don't know ...... your kind - the damn leftists - are the ones who wrote the history books.

I think you alluded to the answer you're looking for in the other thread: WE - America - really ARE superior people. That would be a "humanist" point of view. Take your pick, either THAT or the fact that God chose America - the modern day incarnation of Biblical Israel - to dominate the world until Christ Himself returns to rule. I prefer the latter, but I could go with either one.

You can run and hide now, Dakota. That's what you generally do when you are getting an ass-kicking hahahaha.



So you suppose when Christ rises from within this country, he's going to be real pleased with all the ill gotten wealth? Or do you think he's going to seize it and give it to all the little people?

Run and hide: Dumbass, please!!!!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 10:20:10 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
So you suppose when Christ rises from within this country, he's going to be real pleased with all the ill gotten wealth? Or do you think he's going to seize it and give it to all the little people?

Run and hide: Dumbass, please!!!!!!!!!!


Rises from within this country? Where did that come from?

You seem to be the modern equivalent of a Pharisee - standing on the street corner whining and ranting about how righteous you are and how bad others are. I'm sure there are a few rotten individual "rich people" who are every bit as bad as you fantasize about. However, it's safe to assume God knows how to sort out the goats from the sheep and target them.

As for America in general, despite low down HATERS like you spewing shit to the contrary, this country most certainly passes the test of good over evil, both internationally, protecting the world from that dark age of depravity as I have described, and domestically - uplifting even the nearest thing to poor that there is in this country.

And of course, there is that troublesome little fact you are always in denial of - that Jesus's parables, in several cases, describe and promote capitalism.

You're damn lucky there's no truth to that liberal allegory - that a person's "hell" is what bothers him the most, because it will be sheer hell for you to see a lot of good normal Christian business people enjoying the Kingdom of Heaven.

I ask again, what's with this "rise from within this country" stuff? Some lame attempt by you to interpret the Bible?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:22:19 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,263
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Rises from within this country? Where did that come from?

You seem to be the modern equivalent of a Pharisee - standing on the street corner whining and ranting about how righteous you are and how bad others are. I'm sure there are a few rotten individual "rich people" who are every bit as bad as you fantasize about. However, it's safe to assume God knows how to sort out the goats from the sheep and target them.

As for America in general, despite low down HATERS like you spewing shit to the contrary, this country most certainly passes the test of good over evil, both internationally, protecting the world from that dark age of depravity as I have described, and domestically - uplifting even the nearest thing to poor that there is in this country.

And of course, there is that troublesome little fact you are always in denial of - that Jesus's parables, in several cases, describe and promote capitalism.

You're damn lucky there's no truth to that liberal allegory - that a person's "hell" is what bothers him the most, because it will be sheer hell for you to see a lot of good normal Christian business people enjoying the Kingdom of Heaven.

I ask again, what's with this "rise from within this country" stuff? Some lame attempt by you to interpret the Bible?



Oh, I'm the equivalent of a Pharisee? Jesus Christ are you stupid. I have a small seasonal business, and my partner and I hire our friends and family to knock out the work. It gives everybody extra income for the extra stuff in their lives.

Good normal Christians, huh? You mean those folks that hate gay people, women that use birth control or have an abortion, hate minorities and immigrants, believe that Caucasians are the chosen people and are the only people that belong her - those folks?

Jesus would hate modern day capitalism - the exploitation of poor people; and only an idiot or someone filling an agenda would actually make a claim that he'd be supportive of capitalism.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 2:05:31 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Oh, I'm the equivalent of a Pharisee? Jesus Christ are you stupid. I have a small seasonal business, and my partner and I hire our friends and family to knock out the work. It gives everybody extra income for the extra stuff in their lives.

Good normal Christians, huh? You mean those folks that hate gay people, women that use birth control or have an abortion, hate minorities and immigrants, believe that Caucasians are the chosen people and are the only people that belong her - those folks?

Jesus would hate modern day capitalism - the exploitation of poor people; and only an idiot or someone filling an agenda would actually make a claim that he'd be supportive of capitalism.


You seem to like talking like a Christian - actually, that's a good thing, as almost everybody I've met who claimed to be a Christian actually was. The bad thing, however, is just like you are so damn jealous of anybody else who succeeds economically, you seem jealous of the idea that other people are also Christians. The other bad thing is that you seem to have no concept whatsoever about what is in the Bible. The stuff you mentioned - what you see as so negative about Good Normal Christians? Virtually all of that is just adhering directly to God's teachings as outlined in the Bible - applying the idea of "hate the sin, not the sinner", of course.

The Pharisee thing? They were generally good people - same as you, I guess. However, their most notable characteristic is they liked to flaunt it - to tell everybody exactly how virtuous they were - and how bad others were. Sound familiar?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 8:34:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,263
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
You seem to like talking like a Christian - actually, that's a good thing, as almost everybody I've met who claimed to be a Christian actually was. The bad thing, however, is just like you are so damn jealous of anybody else who succeeds economically, you seem jealous of the idea that other people are also Christians. The other bad thing is that you seem to have no concept whatsoever about what is in the Bible. The stuff you mentioned - what you see as so negative about Good Normal Christians? Virtually all of that is just adhering directly to God's teachings as outlined in the Bible - applying the idea of "hate the sin, not the sinner", of course.

The Pharisee thing? They were generally good people - same as you, I guess. However, their most notable characteristic is they liked to flaunt it - to tell everybody exactly how virtuous they were - and how bad others were. Sound familiar?


I've pointed out these peoples flaws ad nauseum yet you keep your blinders on to their huge inconsistencies with actual good Christian people. So lets not discuss it any further. The religious right wing people are grotesque human beings, but you seem to think they are awesome. People that hate others because they perceive them to be hurtful to their bottom line aren't worth a squirt of piss in my opinion. Instead of helping the poor they belittle them. Good Christian beliefs there Texas - what a genius you are. Applause Rolling On The Floor Laughing

You're completely off base with this jealousy thing you think I have for these soulless clowns, but whatever - you think it needles at me or something - I just keep laughing at you. See I don't need to be jealous of anybody when I have everything a man needs already. I certainly don't think life is a contest on who can acquire the most material shit, so why would you think I'm jealous of these people I ridicule?

You should probably work on yourself instead of worrying about me so much.

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:13:45 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I've pointed out these peoples flaws ad nauseum yet you keep your blinders on to their huge inconsistencies with actual good Christian people. So lets not discuss it any further. The religious right wing people are grotesque human beings, but you seem to think they are awesome. People that hate others because they perceive them to be hurtful to their bottom line aren't worth a squirt of piss in my opinion. Instead of helping the poor they belittle them. Good Christian beliefs there Texas - what a genius you are. Applause Rolling On The Floor Laughing

You're completely off base with this jealousy thing you think I have for these soulless clowns, but whatever - you think it needles at me or something - I just keep laughing at you. See I don't need to be jealous of anybody when I have everything a man needs already. I certainly don't think life is a contest on who can acquire the most material shit, so why would you think I'm jealous of these people I ridicule?

You should probably work on yourself instead of worrying about me so much.



No doubt there are people masquerading as Christians that hurt others and/or are motivated purely by greed - although I never met any; No doubt there are real Christians who have honest beliefs that some would consider bad/hateful/racist/selfish; I suppose I've known a few like that. You, for example, are as hateful as anybody I can think of, and you seem to consider yourself a Christian. If you don't think so, just go back and read the hate you have expressed in numerous posts. I have been guilty of that a few times myself, but not even close to as many as you - twice that I can think of.

If you say you have everything a man needs, fine. You know that better than anybody else. I've completely happy with my life also. You work your ass off, and have plenty to show for it; I coast through life and just get by, but enjoy life to the max. Each to his own. The difference is that you - back to the Pharisee thing - just can't help trumpeting how great you are and how you think other people should be. You don't agree? Read the last line of your post - as well as all the other times you have done the same.

Back to the original topic - which you get all the credit for coming up with, neither of us would be able to live the way we want to live if not for the competence and sacrifice when needed of our magnificent military - and throw in the accompanying industrial complex - that you repeatedly disrespect and disparage.

oops. I got confused. That last paragraph applies to the other thread.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Rockmolder  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 12:10:59 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Posts: 6,359
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I don't know ...... your kind - the damn leftists - are the ones who wrote the history books.

I think you alluded to the answer you're looking for in the other thread: WE - America - really ARE superior people. That would be a "humanist" point of view. Take your pick, either THAT or the fact that God chose America - the modern day incarnation of Biblical Israel - to dominate the world until Christ Himself returns to rule. I prefer the latter, but I could go with either one.


You're such an amusing guy.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:25:16 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

What is a "good normal Christian"?
I am a Christian, and I don't hate gay
people or people that abort babies.
I DO however hate the fact that this country
legalized murdering unborn children.
Just because something is legal, that
doesn't make it right.
As I have said before, it was legal to kill
Jews in Germany during Hitler's rule.
Do any of you think it was right to do so?

And according to the Holy Bible, homosexuality
is sin. So if you believe that the Bible is
God's word, HE says it's wrong so I will
side with the one that created all of
us.
Being a Christian does NOT mean you have
to treat every action as acceptable.
If it's wrong, it's wrong and is unacceptable.

God, unlike many people today, is not
concerned with being "politically correct".
He came to earth to die for our sins. And
the attitude today that "anything goes and
should be accepted" is not God's belief according
to His word.
You have to take a stand sometimes and
not compromise.
I find it interesting about the whole idea
of "rich people". What about Obama or the
Clinton's, and all the filthy rich Hollywood
stars? Why don't I see the same hatred thrown
at them?
Take George Clooney or Sean Penn's money
and divide it among the poor if you want
to be "fair".
I could name dozens of other rich liberals
and go on and on.
Fact is, there are good rich people and bad
rich people (same as with us poor people
like me).
To use that ONLY as your measuring stick
to judge who is good or bad is just plain
wrong.
In the end NONE of us is sinless.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 3/3/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 11:46:21 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

I will leave it to Dakota to reply to most of what you say, as I am basically in agreement with you. Good job of describing the "hate the sin, not the sinner" concept.

Since I am the one throwing around the term "good normal Christian", just as I like to use "good normal American", I will answer that question. I am in this case reacting to Dakota's rants, and referring to most of your regular church-going (or not) people who THINK OF THEMSELVES as Christian - without getting too deep into it in many cases. My contention is that the great great majority of those people are good and generous and caring - pretty much the opposite picture Dakota paints of them as selfish ogres, etc. This group has a large amount of overlap with the class of people I call "achievers" - which Dakota also hates so much - entrepreneurs, small business people, doctors, lawyers (maybe hahaha), mid-level managers, etc. Of course, not all of them are Christian by any definition; Of course, not all of them are nice people; But I would assert that most are.

Likewise, fitting my definition above of "good normal Christian" doesn't necessarily mean they fulfill the means of salvation or that they know every detail of the Bible, etc., but I can't help thinking that God considers most people as suitable for salvation if those people consider themselves to be Christians i.e. have a simple unsophisticated belief in Christ.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 12:13:40 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,263
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

You numbnutters can believe anything you want to, but don't sit there and pretend there is no "agenda" by the far right "Christians" in this country. This agenda is lousy with bigotry, hatred of minorities, hatred of gays, hatred of anybody outside the realms of the standard nuclear family that we had in the 1950's white America. They want to shut down abortions, but have absolutely no interest in helping that single mother raise that child she doesn't want. Heaven forbid they'd have to pay an extra few percentages in taxes for the assistance. Those "Good Normal Christians" may be decent people but if they follow the far right agenda, then they are in large hypocrites because Christ did not beat down the bottom feeders of society - he walked among them.

Cheesey, Leviticus is bullshit and has been completely debunked by Christ, or do you enjoy your shellfish and all other non-kosher meals. If you're going to preach Leviticus, then you best live by all of Leviticus.

It doesn't matter what any of us thinks - when our day of judgment comes - all of our deeds and thoughts go before the Lord. If you all want to go before God hating and judging little groups of people, well that's your business. As for Texas' insistence on me hating the "achiever" class, I ask this: why is it hatred to call them all full of shit? My problem with them is their whining about paying their taxes. That's what pisses me off about them. Now the 1% can all go to the guillotine as far as I'm concerned. These people have destroyed America and deserve to have their heads roll down the steps of Congress. If I'm negatively for that, then so be it.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 12:34:47 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,536
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
You numbnutters can believe anything you want to, but don't sit there and pretend there is no "agenda" by the far right "Christians" in this country. This agenda is lousy with bigotry, hatred of minorities, hatred of gays, hatred of anybody outside the realms of the standard nuclear family that we had in the 1950's white America. They want to shut down abortions, but have absolutely no interest in helping that single mother raise that child she doesn't want. Heaven forbid they'd have to pay an extra few percentages in taxes for the assistance. Those "Good Normal Christians" may be decent people but if they follow the far right agenda, then they are in large hypocrites because Christ did not beat down the bottom feeders of society - he walked among them.

Cheesey, Leviticus is bullshit and has been completely debunked by Christ, or do you enjoy your shellfish and all other non-kosher meals. If you're going to preach Leviticus, then you best live by all of Leviticus.

It doesn't matter what any of us thinks - when our day of judgment comes - all of our deeds and thoughts go before the Lord. If you all want to go before God hating and judging little groups of people, well that's your business. As for Texas' insistence on me hating the "achiever" class, I ask this: why is it hatred to call them all full of shit? My problem with them is their whining about paying their taxes. That's what pisses me off about them. Now the 1% can all go to the guillotine as far as I'm concerned. These people have destroyed America and deserve to have their heads roll down the steps of Congress. If I'm negatively for that, then so be it.


You're not a hater because I say you are a hater. Just read your own words - here and in most of your other posts.

As for Leviticus/the Laws of Moses, Jesus was very specific in which of those no longer applied. Therefore, it can be assumed - by anybody considering themselves to be Christians, that the rest of it continues to apply.

As for your guillotining the 1% (congratulations on your newly impressive spelling hahaha), great, get chopping on that if you can fit that into the 5th Commandment (oops, I guess that's in Leviticus, isn't it). However, two things about that 1% - actually three: 1 a LOT of them are liberals - as Cheesey said, nary a word from you about the George Clooney-types - RICH Hollywood leftists, not to mention the large percentage of super-rich business-types who are leftist 2 few, maybe none of that 1% is sitting there in church pews - the people you spew so much hate about, and 3 you would be chopping off the heads of not only our own superstar QB, but probably about half of all the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc.

I guess you are right about the hatred/full of shit thing hahahaha. I don't hate you, and God knows, nobody (in this forum anyway) is as full of shit as you.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

31-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / pitt yinzer

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.