QCHuskerFan
10 years ago
Trading for more 2014 picks by using your 2015 picks is like spending your entire paycheck on the lottery. Yes, you might win and therefore have no needs in the future. But the reality is that you won't win, and you'll be bankrupt in the future.

When haven't the Packers (Or any team) headed into the offseason with some major needs? Remember 2012? No running game? Needed a back badly in the 1st round. Which became the 2nd. Who became the ROY. Imagine if in 2012 draft, in an effort to improve the OLB position, Ted Thompson traded 2013 2nd to move up and get ________. Then we enter 2013 with RB needs and no pick.

Yes, we need some new starters. I would expect the average NFL team is 'replacing' about 1 in 6 starters every offseason. Including Kickers, there are 24 starters. So we need 4 new ones. S, DL, TE, and ILB. Sounds about right.

Actually, it's probably higher than 1 in 6. On Offense, from 2013 playoff game, we may have a new starting RT, C, TE, WR, and FB in game 1 of 2014. And that's on a dang good offense. Nearly half of starters. Yes, some will be filled internally from young or recovered players, but replaced they will be.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Well, if you can't come back from injury you don't belong in the NFL.
How many players DON'T get hurt? They all get hurt sometime or another.

Today's world of medicine allows full recovery from knee and other injuries and dozens of players come back every year that proves this.

The only players I wonder about coming back at full strength is Sherrod because THAT was a bad injury and Finley because neck/spine is where you can talk about careers being over.

The other guys? No. A foot? A thumb? A hammy? Please. If every team looked at the end of year injury report and said "well, don't count on any of those guys" they would all be in a major rebuilding project every year.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

I believe every player plays HURT. Fingernail, twisted ankle, what have you.

Packers players are getting INJURED and it seem like a lot.

I believe the roster has a lot of talent, but just not enough UMPHF to stay on the field. Maybe its bad luck?
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
What a bunch of negativist CRAP! The Packers are FAR from being in/winning the Super Bowl? Come On!

First of all, if things fell right, it's entirely possible we could go all the way with pure crap on defense and with a shaky O-Line - Aaron Rodgers is that good.

Secondly, we will be infinitely better on defense just by getting rid of Raji and Pickett. In addition, however, all the negative crap notwithstanding, we will be greatly improved also by having back all those injured players for a full season - even minus an average amount of injuries next season.

We lost by 3 lousy points to arguably one of the top three teams in the NFL - having Rodgers back, yes, but still pretty crippled by injuries. I really don't see any reason we can't beat Seattle either.

And all of that is saying nothing about additions - hopefully a good draft, hopefully Thompson departing just a little bit from his ways and picking up a quality Safety and/or LB.

Hell No, we aren't far from Super Bowl quality. With just equal luck with injuries and in other areas, we are right there with the best right now.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
yooperfan
10 years ago

What a bunch of negativist CRAP! The Packers are FAR from being in/winning the Super Bowl? Come On!

First of all, if things fell right, it's entirely possible we could go all the way with pure crap on defense and with a shaky O-Line - Aaron Rodgers is that good.

Secondly, we will be infinitely better on defense just by getting rid of Raji and Pickett. In addition, however, all the negative crap notwithstanding, we will be greatly improved also by having back all those injured players for a full season - even minus an average amount of injuries next season.

We lost by 3 lousy points to arguably one of the top three teams in the NFL - having Rodgers back, yes, but still pretty crippled by injuries. I really don't see any reason we can't beat Seattle either.

And all of that is saying nothing about additions - hopefully a good draft, hopefully Thompson departing just a little bit from his ways and picking up a quality Safety and/or LB.

Hell No, we aren't far from Super Bowl quality. With just equal luck with injuries and in other areas, we are right there with the best right now.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

You know, you just may be right on this.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

play2win
10 years ago
That's dream world material. Google-eyed NFC North Division Champ illusions…. Our division sucked so bad that they are thinking of changing the rules for playoff seeding and whether or not division champs are automatic qualifiers.

Again, we did not beat one team with a winning record last year, and we ranked 31st in the NFL on defense. Until we get a defense other teams have to contend with, we will remain pretenders.

Who here did not see that defense wins championships this past season? The last two times we won the SB we had phenomenal defenses, loaded with playmakers. That just simply is not the case today.

What is more negative? Looking at our true standing in this league, or pretending everything is alright just because we have Aaron Rodgers?

We had a healthy Aaron Rodgers in both 2011 and in 2012, and we didn't finish the job because we had the very same issues affecting our play on defense. We are talking 3 years later about the exact same needs. SSALY. Three years running.

And, this horse shit about trading a future pick being akin to throwing salary on a lottery ticket. Puhleeeease! That is the kind of garbage that keeps people from taking any chances.

Did SEA not take any chances? WOW. Look what they just did.

Every draft choice includes a fair amount of risk. I'm simply open to Ted possibly trading away next year's R1 if he sees a player available that he deems worthy of such a move. That would have to be a pretty good player, right? That same player will still be on the roster next season, right? Well, what the hell's the problem? If we get 2 really good players into our system this year from R1 instead of 1, that extra player will have a full year of NFL experience under his belt by 2015.

Am I expecting him to do so? Hell no. But, if he did, I would welcome the move. I'd rather bolster a depleted defense with more top picks this year than wait. That's all.
steveishere
10 years ago
How the crap are you expecting to get another 1st rounder this year with next years first round pick?
QCHuskerFan
10 years ago

Who here did not see that defense wins championships this past season?

Originally Posted by: play2win 

And in 2013, the #17 Defense (ranked even lower than the feeble Packers, by the way) beat the #3 Defense for the Super Bowl title. So evidently, Defense doesn't always win. Sorry.

But you were right in 2012. The #27 D beat the #31 D for the title. Clearly, Defense wins championships based on this! What's that? You mean 2 teams ranked in the worst 6 defensive teams in the league played in the Super Bowl??? Heresy!

In 2011 Super Bowl, the Packers won with the #5 D!!! Of course the Steelers lost and their D was ranked... #2.

What's this mean? Absolutely nothing.

The 2013 Houston Texans had the #7 ranked defense! And won 2 games.

In 2013, the #6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, & 18 teams did not make the playoffs. The #19 team did and made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Again? Nothing.

Seattle was the first team to win the Super Bowl in the last 10 years without a prototypical Franchise QB. Does that mean that the Patriots, Broncos, Saints, Steelers, Packers are all going to drop their studs and go with the new trend of young, short and average at QB? I doubt it, but I might be wrong.

Yes, the D needs to get better. But not at the cost of the future.

QCHuskerFan
10 years ago
Let's not forget what it took the Redskins to move up in the 2012 draft. Just to move up. Not to add a pick. It took 2 1st and a 2nd, in addition to their 2012 1st.
musccy
10 years ago

Well, if you can't come back from injury you don't belong in the NFL.
How many players DON'T get hurt? They all get hurt sometime or another.

Today's world of medicine allows full recovery from knee and other injuries and dozens of players come back every year that proves this.

The only players I wonder about coming back at full strength is Sherrod because THAT was a bad injury and Finley because neck/spine is where you can talk about careers being over.

The other guys? No. A foot? A thumb? A hammy? Please. If every team looked at the end of year injury report and said "well, don't count on any of those guys" they would all be in a major rebuilding project every year.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

I would have applauded you twice for this, but since I can't, I'll just quote you and say nice post!

It's conceivably possible that maybe 1 or 2 of the injured won't return to prior form, but to assume none will?

musccy
10 years ago

Every draft choice includes a fair amount of risk. I'm simply open to Ted possibly trading away next year's R1 if he sees a player available that he deems worthy of such a move. That would have to be a pretty good player, right? That same player will still be on the roster next season, right? Well, what the hell's the problem? If we get 2 really good players into our system this year from R1 instead of 1, that extra player will have a full year of NFL experience under his belt by 2015.

Am I expecting him to do so? Hell no. But, if he did, I would welcome the move. I'd rather bolster a depleted defense with more top picks this year than wait. That's all.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

From the Seahawks' depth chart online, here is their starting D's roster's draft position/year.

Bryant - #121 2008
McDaniel - undrafted FA 2006
Mebane - #85 2007
Clemons - undrafted FA 2003
Irvin - #15 2012
Wagner - #47 2012
Smith - #242 2012
Sherman - #154 2011
Maxwell - #173 2011
Chancellor - #133 2010
Thomas - #14 2010

Every starter behind their DL is from their last 4 draft classes, and only 2/11ths of their defense is from the 1st RD. So why must the Packers trade up into Rd 1 to get a top-notch defense?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.