Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Packers' Mike Daniels eyes defensive leadership role 

GOOD! Clay start taking notes on this guy! I want angry and pissed off Datone Jones next year. I want pissed off Perry. I want motivated Worthy with a healthy offseason of conditioning and mini-camps. I want a hungry Boyd next year. I want the defense to be pissed off and not this 'keep calm and carry on' bullshit. Save that for the offense since it reflects Rodgers. While you're at it Daniels, light a napalm fire under the safeties.

"When you're younger, you're a little more impressionable, it's easier to get (to them) than a guy who's been doing it for six or seven years," Daniels said. "I want to get my hands on those young guys.

"I've been in Josh Boyd and Datone's ears a lot. Even my own peers, Perry, Hayward, Worthy, (Jarrett) Boykin, I've been after all those guys. We have to get this done. We're third-year guys. Seems like yesterday we were rookies, but we're no longer rookies. It's time to go. It's time for us to be leaders and so let's lead. Instead of complaining about we need leaders, be the leader."

Nice to see some accountability from somebody on this defense!

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
gbguy20
10 years ago
i fucking love this guy
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
And he has backed it up with performance on the field.

A smaller more mobile D Line with those four guys mentioned being the main part of the rotation - Daniels, D. Jones, Worthy, and Boyd - will make the Packers D a lot more effective, both against the run and rushing the passer.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
10 years ago

And he has backed it up with performance on the field.

A smaller more mobile D Line with those four guys mentioned being the main part of the rotation - Daniels, D. Jones, Worthy, and Boyd - will make the Packers D a lot more effective, both against the run and rushing the passer.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Yeah, the ideology of having big fatties occupying blockers while the linebackers clean up is good if those fatties are actually occupying blockers. When those turds are being stood straight up by one guy and playing like they are on roller skates - then we have major problems. I think adding Jolly and another rookie to the mix and ridding ourselves of Pickett and Raji will do wonders.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

Yeah, the ideology of having big fatties occupying blockers while the linebackers clean up is good if those fatties are actually occupying blockers. When those turds are being stood straight up by one guy and playing like they are on roller skates - then we have major problems. I think adding Jolly and another rookie to the mix and ridding ourselves of Pickett and Raji will do wonders.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

We also need a goon. Like who was it, Brian Williams on the '96 team? Or a Lyle Alzado or Bill Romanowski type dude who is going to protect our guys.

Remember when Brandon Merriweather speared Lacy in the helmet, giving him a concussion? Then the next series did the same thing to Starks? We need a guy who's gonna go out there and shut that fucking bullshit down. By fear, if by no other means. This team has enough injury problems without that kind of bullshit.

We play Detroit TWICE a year. The officials clearly cannot be relied upon to protect our guys.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
nerdmann, it sounds to me like you want some players who aren't *gasp* Packer people material!
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
We have another guy who plays like Daniels on the line and a healthy season at the OLB position and things get immediately better
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
play2win
10 years ago

Packers' Mike Daniels eyes defensive leadership role 

GOOD! Clay start taking notes on this guy! I want angry and pissed off Datone Jones next year. I want pissed off Perry. I want motivated Worthy with a healthy offseason of conditioning and mini-camps. I want a hungry Boyd next year. I want the defense to be pissed off and not this 'keep calm and carry on' bullshit. Save that for the offense since it reflects Rodgers. While you're at it Daniels, light a napalm fire under the safeties.

Nice to see some accountability from somebody on this defense!

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I'll say!

Daniels said he thought the defense bought into coach Mike McCarthy's challenge that it play a more physical brand of football and bring an edge to its game. He said in training camp and the early part of the season, it was evident the defense was on a mission.

Asked if he thought that feeling waned as the season wore on, he said he couldn't deny there was a change.

"We were doing very well with it, we were," he said. "Everyone witnessed it. But you could still see where that was not the norm yet. That's what Coach McCarthy is doing. He wants to make that the norm, as do I.

"And guess what? It's going to become the norm. And that will be our reputation because you can see it with those second- and third-year guys, and we want to bring the rookies up just like that. You can already tell, we're here to bring that. But we have to keep it like that."

This is encouraging. I wish him well.
play2win
10 years ago

We also need a goon. Like who was it, Brian Williams on the '96 team? Or a Lyle Alzado or Bill Romanowski type dude who is going to protect our guys.

Remember when Brandon Merriweather speared Lacy in the helmet, giving him a concussion? Then the next series did the same thing to Starks? We need a guy who's gonna go out there and shut that fucking bullshit down. By fear, if by no other means. This team has enough injury problems without that kind of bullshit.

We play Detroit TWICE a year. The officials clearly cannot be relied upon to protect our guys.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Wayne Simmons. Yes, we need to add 2 or 3 just like him...
digsthepack
10 years ago
Wayne Simmons, not Brian Williams. That dude had an edge that set the tone for the defense. Reggie was the leader, Butler was, in my estimation, the guy who made it all come together, Simmons was the guy who had the relentless, attacking and sometimes borderline personality and playing style that rubbed off on everyone on that defense.

He brought the nasty every play, and wanted to hurt the opponent, if at all possible, within and sometimes at the fringe of the rules of the game.

This team needs SOMEONE to step up and grab this defense by the nose and lead it to something far beyond what we have had for several years now.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.