DakotaT
10 years ago

OUR team was also a shell of itself.

We've beaten the Giants a number of times over the years. It's getting to be a pretty good rivalry, but it's not like they have our number or anything.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Naw, just when the game really matters. [sarcasm]

Two playoff losses at home to the same team means they have our number, and so do the Niners. Their similarity is defense and team toughness, which we lack.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

in other words, despite Coach Michael's contrary insistence, the Packers are a soft team. Especially on defense.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yeah. Absolutely. I don't know of anyone who would describe the Packers as a "physical" football team, and rightly so. We just are not. That needs to change.

Looking back, players like Cullen Jenkins, Collins, Bishop, and Charles Woodson, the former NFL DPOY have never been replaced.

SEA had 3 key FA acquisitions that paid enormous benefits over the last couple of seasons, Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril and McDonald up front. And, they've developed a great set of LBs and DBs. Fast. Big. Hard hitting playmakers.

We don't have that. The climate, mindset, and players needs to drastically change in GB. Personnel staff, coaching staff and players all need to change their ways to truly compete with that.

I mean, my last game attended in GB, v. CLE, I was told by the usher to sit down 3 or 4 times. Two old ladies behind us were complaining about my cheering on the team. WTF? And SEA has the 12th man. The whole climate in GB needs an overhaul. As fans we should be loud, into the game, supporting the team. I realized this is part of a much bigger problem in GB. They want it to be a nice, serene family experience, but there is a tipping point, where we lose any home field advantage because Lambeau has become too nice. It is almost reflected in the team. No one fears Lambeau. Why should they? Our team isn't tough, we don't even make an attempt to add to FA talent to help push us over the edge, and our home turf is easy for visiting teams to win on.

We went 4-4-1 at Home this season.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Yeah. Absolutely. I don't know of anyone who would describe the Packers as a "physical" football team, and rightly so. We just are not. That needs to change.

Looking back, players like Cullen Jenkins, Collins, Bishop, and Charles Woodson, the former NFL DPOY have never been replaced.

SEA had 3 key FA acquisitions that paid enormous benefits over the last couple of seasons, Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril and McDonald up front. And, they've developed a great set of LBs and DBs. Fast. Big. Hard hitting playmakers.

We don't have that. The climate, mindset, and players needs to drastically change in GB. Personnel staff, coaching staff and players all need to change their ways to truly compete with that.

I mean, my last game attended in GB, v. CLE, I was told by the usher to sit down 3 or 4 times. Two old ladies behind us were complaining about my cheering on the team. WTF? And SEA has the 12th man. The whole climate in GB needs an overhaul. As fans we should be loud, into the game, supporting the team. I realized this is part of a much bigger problem in GB. They want it to be a nice, serene family experience, but there is a tipping point, where we lose any home field advantage because Lambeau has become too nice. It is almost reflected in the team. No one fears Lambeau. Why should they? Our team isn't tough, we don't even make an attempt to add to FA talent to help push us over the edge, and our home turf is easy for visiting teams to win on.

We went 4-4-1 at Home this season.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

No No NO. You CAN"T add quality FAs to the Packer team. You can only draft players or pick up the leftovers after the draft has ended and then sit back and wait for them to develop. Obviously the coaching staff is so great they can take any player and turn them into an all world player simply by walking past them while they insure the guys are properly stretching out before practices to insure they don't pull or tear any muscles or ligaments.

I like Mike. He is a heck of a nice guy. But look at the two HC of the NFC for the past two SB. Both are a bit of an @ss. There teams especially their defenses reflect that personality. I want to see that swagger back in GB again.

As for your Lambeau experience, over the years I have been to a lot of games. Having people sit down is not a problem in or section. A lot of people stand. A lot of people cheer and make noise. The only time I recall it being an issue is when people stand and there is really nothing going on at the time. I like it when the crowd is more or less quiet when GB is on offense. I don't mind the noise when they are on defense. I yell when there is something to yell about. If the other team is backed up to their end zone. If it is 2nd and 3rd down and long. If it is 4th down and any distance. Normally I don't do a whole lot on 1st down and they are at mid field. Or 2nd and short. It just seems practical to pick and choose the times to yell the loudest. Then again if the defense is laying down and letting the other team march all over them, I don't get too noisy. I kind of like to see the defense stand up and make some plays before I am required to do so too. The harder the defense plays the more noise I will make.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
After the game I was watching some of the post games shows late last night and I heard one comment and I can't remember who made it. But what they said was, Peyton's skill at being able to figure out what the defense is trying to do, to be able to read the scheme was nullified because Seattle didn't do anything in the scheme. They don't line up and try to trick you, they just beat you.

And that is what we are missing, mainly on the Dline, we don't win many battles at all, even with Clay. Al Harris, played mean, Woodson played mean, Collins played mean, Jenkins played mean Kampmann played mean. Today, nobody is mean. Clay had that once, but has lost it.

I would actually love to have somebody like Suh on this team. I believe we have the talent to be a very good defense, maybe not what Seattle showed because what they were this year, is something you don't see often. But I don't know if that talent can be turned mean enough. Than again we don't need to be Seattle defense, we need to be a very good packers defense because I think we are going to have the most powerful offense next year with the balance of Rodgers passing and lacy running.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
play2win
10 years ago

No No NO. You CAN"T add quality FAs to the Packer team. You can only draft players or pick up the leftovers after the draft has ended and then sit back and wait for them to develop. Obviously the coaching staff is so great they can take any player and turn them into an all world player simply by walking past them while they insure the guys are properly stretching out before practices to insure they don't pull or tear any muscles or ligaments.

I like Mike. He is a heck of a nice guy. But look at the two HC of the NFC for the past two SB. Both are a bit of an @ss. There teams especially their defenses reflect that personality. I want to see that swagger back in GB again.

As for your Lambeau experience, over the years I have been to a lot of games. Having people sit down is not a problem in or section. A lot of people stand. A lot of people cheer and make noise. The only time I recall it being an issue is when people stand and there is really nothing going on at the time. I like it when the crowd is more or less quiet when GB is on offense. I don't mind the noise when they are on defense. I yell when there is something to yell about. If the other team is backed up to their end zone. If it is 2nd and 3rd down and long. If it is 4th down and any distance. Normally I don't do a whole lot on 1st down and they are at mid field. Or 2nd and short. It just seems practical to pick and choose the times to yell the loudest. Then again if the defense is laying down and letting the other team march all over them, I don't get too noisy. I kind of like to see the defense stand up and make some plays before I am required to do so too. The harder the defense plays the more noise I will make.

Yeah, it was just the principle of the thing… nothing inappropriate, but simply responding to good play, etc. I was baffled and super disappointed. But, there is this attitude that is missing there. How the hell can you not be allowed to stand up and cheer a good play, or to make some noise with the opposing offense on the field? How can a person not be allowed to get into the game that they paid dearly for? I mean, I stood and cheered as they carried Finley off on a stretcher, showing support for the man, and that was the last time the usher came down and warned me. I was completely shocked. Pissed. That would NEVER happen in Seattle. I guarantee it.

I think the Packers need to add some nasty back to Lambeau Field, and take back their long lost HFA. Enough with the frumpy old ladies who just want to sit in the park and watch a ball game. Green Bay needs an attitude change, in every aspect of what they do. "Go Pack Go, Eh!" Cute, but hardly menacing…

I mean, Bruce Irvin and Marshawn Lynch weren't "Packer People," and they just won the SB…

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Yeah, it was just the principle of the thing… nothing inappropriate, but simply responding to good play, etc. I was baffled and super disappointed. But, there is this attitude that is missing there. How the hell can you not be allowed to stand up and cheer a good play, or to make some noise with the opposing offense on the field? How can a person not be allowed to get into the game that they paid dearly for? I mean, I stood and cheered as they carried Finley off on a stretcher, showing support for the man, and that was the last time the usher came down and warned me. I was completely shocked. Pissed. That would NEVER happen in Seattle. I guarantee it.

I think the Packers need to add some nasty back to Lambeau Field, and take back their long lost HFA. Enough with the frumpy old ladies who just want to sit in the park and watch a ball game. Green Bay needs an attitude change, in every aspect of what they do. "Go Pack Go, Eh!" Cute, but hardly menacing…

I mean, Bruce Irvin and Marshawn Lynch weren't "Packer People," and they just won the SB…

I was at the Cleveland game. Everyone around us stood and applauded JerMike. You just had an over zealous flunky as an usher.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago

stop with the packers people crap. Do you have some sort of credible information that GB wasn't interested in those guys or something because they weren't "packer people" No you don't because GB did try to get Lynch here. So much for that idea.
play2win
10 years ago

I was at the Cleveland game. Everyone around us stood and applauded JerMike. You just had an over zealous flunky as an usher.

Yeah, holy crap. And two old bats behind us...
play2win
10 years ago

stop with the packers people crap. Do you have some sort of credible information that GB wasn't interested in those guys or something because they weren't "packer people" No you don't because GB did try to get Lynch here. So much for that idea.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

What is your problem?

A half hearted attempt by Ted Thompson, to me, does not automatically translate to "trying." I guess it does to you.
steveishere
10 years ago

What is your problem?

A half hearted attempt by Ted Thompson, to me, does not automatically translate to "trying." I guess it does to you.

You don't know what attempts were made lol. Either way the fact is they were interested in him which makes the packer people statement complete bullshit. People take the packer people thing too far it isn't a thing as much as some people act like it's a thing.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.