• LB: A.J. Hawk
  • CB: Sam Shields
  • CB: Casey Hayward
  • CB: Tramon Williams
  • CB: Micah Hyde
  • S: Sean Richardson
  • S: Chris Banjo
  • [*]S: Morgan Burnett[/list]
    Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    10 years ago
    I was one of the guys who didn't think Kuhn would be back this past year. He earned his paycheck. But next year is not promised to anyone. We will see once again.

Bulaga and Sherrod have to come through this next year. Injuries or not they can't keep taking up cap space and sitting in the training room.

It didn't break my heart that Harris was on IR all year. With Lacy, Starks and Franklin Harris may never be active on game day. With all the injuries it is nice to have a 4th RB that is not on the PS on sitting at home playing Nintendo waiting for a phone call. Unless he can return kicks or be the gunner on ST his value is very limited.

I will be mad at Hyde for a while. He is no Al Harris unfortunately.

If Cj Wilson and Banjo make the team or don't make the team I am fine with that.

They need to cough up the money and get Shields back on the team. I was disappointed they didn't get it resolved during the season.
    UserPostedImage
    dhpackr
    10 years ago
    my list on "D"
    Defense
    [list=1]
  • DT: Mike Daniels

• DE: Datone Jones (Keep 'cause he is a rookie, but the bears #1 draft pick kyle long owned datone in both games this year)

• DE: Jerel Worthy
  • LB: Clay Matthews
  • LB: Nick Perry(not so much, this dude needs to show something..imo, right now, he is a liability in the open field)

• LB: A.J. Hawk
  • CB: Sam Shields

• CB: Tramon Williams
  • CB: Micah Hyde

• S: Chris Banjo
  • [/list]

So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
    steveishere
    10 years ago
    Kyle Long didn't "own" Datone in both bears games. He didn't even play 25 snaps in both games combined and didn't face Long on all of them considering he got a sack in 1 of the games. Hard to say someone was owned when they probably faced off a handful of times max lol. There is plenty to criticize considering he didn't get much playing time this year but don't just make something up.
    DoddPower
    10 years ago
    I think Datone Jones will be a good player, but I was hoping for more out of his this season. He showed flashes though, and has athleticism unlike any other Packers defensive linemen. He really needs to take a step forward this off season though. Mike Daniels is going to be very good, but the Packers need more. Especially since Clay Mathews is struggling to stay on the field.
    steveishere
    10 years ago

I think Datone Jones will be a good player, but I was hoping for more out of his this season. He showed flashes though, and has athleticism unlike any other Packers defensive linemen. He really needs to take a step forward this off season though. Mike Daniels is going to be very good, but the Packers need more. Especially since Clay Mathews is struggling to stay on the field.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

As long as Dom sticks around there's not much reason to hope for much out of any rookies or inexperienced players on D. The guy hates playing young guys and pretty much the only way for those guys to get many snaps are if they are SIGNIFICANTLY better than a vet at their position or if vets ahead of them get injured. I mean it took 4 weeks for Matthews and Hayward to break the line up and they were legitamate ROY candidates. If you aren't that good off the bat you aren't really getting on the field much at all. So I'm not gonna worry too much about guys not playing right away. The important thing is Datone showed those flashes of talent (Boyd too) and hopefully can make the step up in year 2. After year 1 I'm pretty optomistic that we overall had a great rookie class this year. If the 2012 group can stay pretty healthy it definitely looks like we are on the way up as far as talented youth.
    luigis
    10 years ago
    Interesting post.

From the OP's list:

I really don't think Jonathan Franklin can play in the NFL. That was a bad pick but Lacy's pick totally compensates.

I strongly believe we could be better with almost any players in place of Aj Hawk and Morgan Burnett.

I also don't like Casey Hayward, I believe he had an incredibly lucky 1st season but he is afraid of contact and a bad tackler.

Luis
    steveishere
    10 years ago

Interesting post.

From the OP's list:

I really don't think Jonathan Franklin can play in the NFL. That was a bad pick but Lacy's pick totally compensates.

I strongly believe we could be better with almost any players in place of Aj Hawk and Morgan Burnett.

I also don't like Casey Hayward, I believe he had an incredibly lucky 1st season but he is afraid of contact and a bad tackler.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

The guy put up over 100 yards against a top 10 run D in 1 half of football. There's nothing from him that I've seen to make me believe he can't play. If anything it's the opposite.

Really, ANY player? How about Jerron McMillian instead of Morgan Burnett? LOL Didn't think so. Hey Major Wright is a FA I bet he would be a great improvement. We could resign McMillian and get Wright and have a way better S tandem right?

Getting juked out of your shoes by Lesean McCoy doesn't mean you are a bad tackler. Hayward was the best tackler in our secondary last year along with being the best cover guy, A couple missed tackles this year doesn't rewrite history. I don't see how he was "lucky" either. He was one of the highest in the league in passes defensed and QBs only completed 44% of their passes against him. Sorry but that's not all from luck.
    luigis
    10 years ago

The guy put up over 100 yards against a top 10 run D in 1 half of football. There's nothing from him that I've seen to make me believe he can't play. If anything it's the opposite.

Really, ANY player? How about Jerron McMillian instead of Morgan Burnett? LOL Didn't think so. Hey Major Wright is a FA I bet he would be a great improvement. We could resign McMillian and get Wright and have a way better S tandem right?

Getting juked out of your shoes by Lesean McCoy doesn't mean you are a bad tackler. Hayward was the best tackler in our secondary last year along with being the best cover guy, A couple missed tackles this year doesn't rewrite history. I don't see how he was "lucky" either. He was one of the highest in the league in passes defensed and QBs only completed 44% of their passes against him. Sorry but that's not all from luck.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

About Franklin I would love to be wrong but he wasn't a factor when he was healthy except for that Bengals game. Let's hope I'm wrong about him! The coaches didn't seem to trust him when they had other options available. why?

About Burnett and AJ you cheated! McMillan is not fair!

About Hayward I sense some problem, we were playing very good defense exactly until he returned from the injury, then the defense collapsed and as soon as he was out of the team again the secondary improved again. This can't be only because of his performance so I think there might be some kind of chemistry problem between Hayward and the rest of the secondary.

Is not just about missing tackles is about not wanting to tackle at all.

Luis
    DoddPower
    10 years ago

About Franklin I would love to be wrong but he wasn't a factor when he was healthy except for that Bengals game. Let's hope I'm wrong about him! The coaches didn't seem to trust him when they had other options available. why?

About Burnett and AJ you cheated! McMillan is not fair!

About Hayward I sense some problem, we were playing very good defense exactly until he returned from the injury, then the defense collapsed and as soon as he was out of the team again the secondary improved again. This can't be only because of his performance so I think there might be some kind of chemistry problem between Hayward and the rest of the secondary.

Is not just about missing tackles is about not wanting to tackle at all.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I think Hayward is a good player, but I'm not sure he will be as good as he looked in his rookie season. A couple of his interceptions were literally thrown directly at him, and not the WR. But hey, at least he was in position to make a play and caught the pass. That's more than some players can say. He also made some nice plays that weren't thrown right to him. But I still remember a pass or two that was literally thrown right at him. It was hilarious.

I think he'll make a fine slot CB, but I don't think he'll be as good as what Shields already is or possibly even Tramon Williams this season. I understand it's hard to compare the different positions, but I suppose I'm referring to overall value to the team.
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders