10 years ago
EVERY team has its holes this year. The parity is serious this season. Coincidence? Except many of the teams still have the luxury to mask their holes more than the Packers. We lost that luxury when we suffered some very important injuries.

I watched Alex Smith tear apart that Denver defense. I watched that Denver offense tear apart the "best" defense in the NFL. I watched the lowly Texans hang up 31 with the chance to win against one of the top teams in the league. Guess what? This all happened in one weekend of football.

If you compare this Packers team with Rodgers to all the other teams in the NFL, we aren't far behind.

We have been spoiled these past few years with never having to experience anything like this. Enjoy it because you have to experience the tough times in order to get true joy and appreciation when the great moments come around.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

EVERY team has its holes this year. The parity is serious this season. Coincidence? Except many of the teams still have the luxury to mask their holes more than the Packers. We lost that luxury when we suffered some very important injuries.

I watched Alex Smith tear apart that Denver defense. I watched that Denver offense tear apart the "best" defense in the NFL. I watched the lowly Texans hang up 31 with the chance to win against one of the top teams in the league. Guess what? This all happened in one weekend of football.

If you compare this Packers team with Rodgers to all the other teams in the NFL, we aren't far behind.

We have been spoiled these past few years with never having to experience anything like this. Enjoy it because you have to experience the tough times in order to get true joy and appreciation when the great moments come around.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

Cheese, I and many others have experienced this before. I lived through the 70'a and 80's mediocrity. I am entitled to say I don't want to go back again and that I expect more from this organization than the Jags front office. Do you realize Jacksonville is playing better than GB right now? Inexcusable.

UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago
Packer nation goes off the deep end at any sign of adversity. Probably one of the most spoiled and entitled fanbases in sports. Fans who cant appreciate a good season because they almost never have to see a bad season. Obviousy its not every fan but its alot of them.
10 years ago

Cheese, I and many others have experienced this before. I lived through the 70'a and 80's mediocrity. I am entitled to say I don't want to go back again and that I expect more from this organization than the Jags front office. Do you realize Jacksonville is playing better than GB right now? Inexcusable.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Jacksonville is playing better than many other teams right now.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I understand and agree with most of your post.

There is only the here and now. The only good thing that the prior championships are good for and when we laugh at the vikie fans or others like them. They don't count for what we are watching this week.

It is fine to give the GM and HC a "pass" after winning a SB but that time has expired even when we factor in the injury situation. After all 2010 shows us that injuries are not an excuse. Fans can tolerate some inept play when they see the team is improving and simply experiencing some growing pains.

This team is not showing improvement.

There are 3rd- 4th year players that have regressed. That is unexceptionable.
Not having a plan for an NFL caliber backup QB is unacceptable. I know I mentioned it before but it takes time to develop a QB. They can't trot someone new out there every other week and expect to have success. If someone as stupid about football as I am knows this why do they act like it is something unheard of?
The woes on the OL have been there for years. That is unacceptable.
The porous secondary and weak LB has been there for years as well. That is not acceptable.
The terrible RB group only improved this year after years of ignoring the problem.
With all the TE they have had it has been an issue. If JerMike was going well we were ok but if he was not there was no one else to step in and make a difference. That is not acceptable.

I could go on but it has all been said before. There are real issues that having Aaron at QB has covered up this team has many more holes than people like to believe are there starting with the coaching staff. that is no acceptable.

Thank you. That's just about exactly what I've been saying ........ and how in the eyes of some, is the GM not to blame for that festering mess which was covered up by the unmatched quality of Aaron Rodgers?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Pack93z
10 years ago

I lived through it as well.. and I can look at this roster, staff and front office without a blink and know we are light years away from Braatz, Gregg, Starr and the likes.

It is disappointing to see how poorly they have played... no doubt, but at what point do you expect the attrition to affect this club.. both in talent and in confidence.

The issues I rattled off were there the year we went 15-1, just 2 seasons ago.. yet no one wanted to talk about a flawed football team going into the playoffs. But now.. heads must roll.

I expect this team to be better.. but some of the depths of comments around are way over the top. Questioning Rodgers toughness... "Favre would have played". Ted is a terrible GM.. hasn't given us the talent.. yet a ton of our castoffs are playing for other teams right now.

On the coaching staff.. I have less of a problem with the fire chants.. we have seen the same struggles for some time now.

I am not saying anyone is wrong for feeling the way they do.. but there is so much over the top knee jerk drama filled posts and statements being thrown around.. it makes it tough to hold a conversation with some.

That is all.. carry on.

Can't even fathom what chat rooms look like right now.. didn't like the noise when we were winning.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
cherry picking:

I lived through it as well..

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I know I was thinking about you when I posted.

The issues I rattled off were there the year we went 15-1, just 2 seasons ago.. yet no one wanted to talk about a flawed football team going into the playoffs. But now.. heads must roll.

can't say no one. People were upset over they way GB was winning and knew there would be problems if things weren't correct. They weren't.

I expect this team to be better.. but some of the depths of comments around are way over the top.

agreed. I would never question AR's toughness. A broken bone is a broken bone. Only time will heal it.

Can't even fathom what chat rooms look like right now.. didn't like the noise when we were winning.

I have trouble going to chat too. Even if there was not complaints, I can't keep up.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Packer nation goes off the deep end at any sign of adversity. Probably one of the most spoiled and entitled fanbases in sports. Fans who cant appreciate a good season because they almost never have to see a bad season. Obviousy its not every fan but its alot of them.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Hey Hey Hey.... 😳 don't group us all together!!!! 😆

This season has turned to the Dark Side in the past few weeks, sorry if I can't join The Doom and Gloom club, but as bad as it has been, there are obvious reasons, so what are you gonna do?

The only light I see at the end of the tunnel this year is knowing That The Lions are still The Lions and The Bears are still The Bears.

If by some miracle The Packers can right the ship starting this week, I can see them winning The North at Chicago in 4 weeks.

If they don't, then changes will be made, determined by The Packer organization, and next year will be here real soon.

Gotta let the season play out!!!!!

Carry On!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Jacksonville is playing better than many other teams right now.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

still unacceptable. Let other franchises and their fans say it is ok.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I guess it wrong to look at a team that has not won since October and not only lost but played horrible in losing and say it is ok because we won 3 years ago. I guess it is wrong to watch players who don't put forth an effort that is worthy of their position of being in the NFL and calling them out.

What frustrates me is complacency. Many have seen the signs of trouble and ignored them because of a "We won this week" attitude. Well they are not winning now.

If there was a solid OL GB would win with back up QBs. They don't have one. If there was a solid defense scheme, a DL that actually pressures the QB, a secondary that can cover the receivers, a defense that communicates and knows their jobs, GB could win without Rodgers.

The same problems GB had 2, 3 even 4 years ago are still there. But because they won no one cared. Now people care and they are poor fans for expressing their concern with a team they have supported for years.

I guess you prefer the Chip Diller approach.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13m / Around The NFL / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.