Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:50:01 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 75
Applause Received: 132

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Lions, Cowboys, Bears, Bengals, maybe Saints, Cardinals, Texans, Niners, Ravens, Eagles


The Niners are the 32nd passing offense. I don't care how many injuries. They have had a starting QB throwing the ball for 11 games. No way are they in the top 10. Certainly not ahead of the Packers.

Houston has 2 WR in the top 100 based on receptions. Hard to lobby for a top 10 rating with that poor level of production.

Bears have 2 WR in the Top 80.

Packers have 4 in the Top 68.

Packers have the #5 pass offense. It's not because of all the receptions our TE and RB are making. To not list them in anyone's top 5 is ridiculous.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/26/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:28:57 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 915

Yeah the 49ers just released a guy who was their starting WR for a majority of the season because he sucked. Of course the guy cannot bother to explain why he thinks they are better (along with all those other teams) to back up his opinion. Instead of having intelligent conversation he's just spouting nonsense to try and make people mad.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 11/26/2013(UTC)
Offline luigis  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:14:02 AM(UTC)
luigis

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 89

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
I hope we can. Jones has overcome his inconsistencies the last few seasons and he goes about his business the right way, as does the whole group. At a position dominated by divas and pricks, it's nice to have a group that across the board we can rely on and that is happy to contribute any way they can, whether that means they are blocking down field all game or reeling in 10 catches for 100+ and a few scores. I'd like to be able to keep them together, especially with what seems to be the likely end of Finley's career.


I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.
Luis
Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:02:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,493
Applause Received: 624

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.


lol

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dhazer  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:02:23 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
The Niners are the 32nd passing offense. I don't care how many injuries. They have had a starting QB throwing the ball for 11 games. No way are they in the top 10. Certainly not ahead of the Packers.

Houston has 2 WR in the top 100 based on receptions. Hard to lobby for a top 10 rating with that poor level of production.

Bears have 2 WR in the Top 80.

Packers have 4 in the Top 68.

Packers have the #5 pass offense. It's not because of all the receptions our TE and RB are making. To not list them in anyone's top 5 is ridiculous.


By your standards then we had the best wr depth in 2005 with the likes of Antonio Chapman, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson,Andrea Thurmon, Terrance Murphy and even Javon Walker. Hell we had 3 TEs with atleast 25 catches and to top it off we had 4 rbs with atleast 10 catches. Damn we had to have the best passing team in the league or was it because of injuries sub par players had to play?

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline steveishere  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:16:28 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 915

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
By your standards then we had the best wr depth in 2005 with the likes of Antonio Chapman, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson,Andrea Thurmon, Terrance Murphy and even Javon Walker. Hell we had 3 TEs with atleast 25 catches and to top it off we had 4 rbs with atleast 10 catches. Damn we had to have the best passing team in the league or was it because of injuries sub par players had to play?



I think his overall point is sound. I don't see many teams on that list with a #4 WR as good as Boykin this year. Some don't even have #3s as good.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/27/2013(UTC)
Online sschind  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:02:26 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.


Its hard to have fantastic games if they don't throw you the ball. The Packers simply spread the ball around too much for every guy to have big games on a consistent basis. If you aren't the go to guy or the guy ignored by the defense you get what is left over. Jones is not the go to guy, that would be Nelson and right now Boykin is being ignored, though I don't know how much longer that will be the case. Right now I'd still take Jones over Boykin because I think Jones has shown that he can be the #1 guy in a pinch or a solid go to guy. I'd like to see what Boykin can do when the D focuses on him before I say he is better than Jones. He is still a very good receiver though and I am not saying he can't be better than Jones.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/27/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:06:15 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,493
Applause Received: 624

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
By your standards then we had the best wr depth in 2005 with the likes of Antonio Chapman, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson,Andrea Thurmon, Terrance Murphy and even Javon Walker. Hell we had 3 TEs with atleast 25 catches and to top it off we had 4 rbs with atleast 10 catches. Damn we had to have the best passing team in the league or was it because of injuries sub par players had to play?



Driver, Murphy and Walker would be a tough top 3, imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online mi_keys  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:38:05 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Driver, Murphy and Walker would be a tough top 3, imo.


Shame Murphy and Walker were hurt that year. They would have been.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/27/2013(UTC)
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:00:00 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 75
Applause Received: 132

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
By your standards then we had the best wr depth in 2005 with the likes of Antonio Chapman, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson,Andrea Thurmon, Terrance Murphy and even Javon Walker. Hell we had 3 TEs with atleast 25 catches and to top it off we had 4 rbs with atleast 10 catches. Damn we had to have the best passing team in the league or was it because of injuries sub par players had to play?



Not sure what your real question or issue is. Are you saying that the Packers have 4 WR in the Top 68 because of injuries? Sub Par players are picking up the slack for injuries? If so, which are the uninjured sub par players; Nelson or Boykin?

I think many people would say that was a good group of WR in 2005. Unfulfilled potential, to be sure. But talented. I'm missing your point, I guess.

Do you not think quality depth is a viable measurement for best WR groups? Do you feel it only matters who your #1 WR is?

Are you arguing that we don't have one of the best groups of WR in 2013? Are you claiming that Seneca Tolzien and Scott Wallace (intentional) are covering up for WR deficiencies?
blank
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:37:34 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.


I'll say Boykin has been a better WR this year than Jones. But Jones had the most receiving TDs a year ago in the league... I think he has something like 36 TDs in his career. I won't say he is a better WR than Jones yet.

I love Boykins size though, something we haven't had at receiver, maybe even TE (except Finley) for a long time. Jordy has all the things you want in a WR, but Boykin is turning into our receiving threat this year.

Can't wait to see us with Nelson, Jones, Cobb, and Boykin on the field at once.
Offline dhazer  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:31:02 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Not sure what your real question or issue is. Are you saying that the Packers have 4 WR in the Top 68 because of injuries? Sub Par players are picking up the slack for injuries? If so, which are the uninjured sub par players; Nelson or Boykin?

I think many people would say that was a good group of WR in 2005. Unfulfilled potential, to be sure. But talented. I'm missing your point, I guess.

Do you not think quality depth is a viable measurement for best WR groups? Do you feel it only matters who your #1 WR is?

Are you arguing that we don't have one of the best groups of WR in 2013? Are you claiming that Seneca Tolzien and Scott Wallace (intentional) are covering up for WR deficiencies?



All in all i am saying injuries can play into the stats and also its hard to compare because like the care with the Lions, do you really need a 4th wr when you have Megatron that can beat up almost defense by himself which in turn makes the 2nd better and so fourth. I am not saying we don't have a good group but is it the best or top 5 I don't think so. All we can do is have opinions because there really isn't a way to prove otherwise. You can come up with one point with catches and I just say it is because they are playing for injured players. Or you have other teams that use their backs and TEs more than WRs. I guess there is no right or wrong answer to this.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:34:52 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 419
Applause Received: 249

We were so good that Ted decided to cut Jeremy Ross. Now we have Boykin and Myles White. Thank you TT.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:51:07 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,493
Applause Received: 624

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
We were so good that Ted decided to cut Jeremy Ross. Now we have Boykin and Myles White. Thank you TT.


I stand behind that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online sschind  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:01:51 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
We were so good that Ted decided to cut Jeremy Ross. Now we have Boykin and Myles White. Thank you TT.


I'm too lazy to go back and look but are you saying that you were the ONLY one here who was against Ross being cut. Somehow I doubt that.

Now you are blaming Ted Thompson for doing something that everyone, including yourself most likely, were demanding he do.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.385 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / uffda udfa

1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

2h / Random Babble / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / evad04

4h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

6h / Random Babble / dfosterf

6h / Around The NFL / Smokey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bozz_2006

8h / Random Babble / Wade

9h / Random Babble / Wade


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.