Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

You've gotta be f*cking kidding me.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

[grin1] I sowwie
rabidgopher04
10 years ago

I honestly want to get rid of Capers and get more vets on defense. Our team will be better with those 2 components. When we had players like Woodson and Colins our defense was rolling. We need some veteran presence in the secondary. Tramon Williams and Burnett is our only ones and I don't think they're the greatest leaders in the world. We need a defensive scheme that take away what a team does best and stick with something. Not get away from anything.

Get rid of Hawk and Tramon. I love these guys.. I liked what they did for this organization. They both helped us win a superbowl, but sometimes you just need sacrifice some people and bring in some fresh talent. I would also really encourage we get rid of Hawk. Now the guy is an iron man, and like Tramon he is someone I wouldn't be disappointed in resigning. BUT I think it's time we make a change. We need a playmaker in the middle of the field. Something a great defense needs. Look at guys like Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, Bobby Wagner, hell when Jon Beason came to the Giants this year it made their defense 10 times better. Hawk isn't getting it done.

I say we give Raji one last chance with a Franchise tag.

Move Hyde to Saftey and draft a Saftey with a high draft pick or pick up a vet Safety in FA

Draft a Middle Linebacker with a high draft pick or sign a vet in FA to sure up the Middle Linebacking core with Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, and Sam Barrington

And last but not least Draft a backup Passrushing OLB with a fairly high pick or (again..) pick one up in FA. This defense will be back to form with all these pieces.

Perry and Matthews have been missing time. So this can move Neal back to the D-Line and actually get someone that can come in for a game or 2 and be effective, plus it gives some rotation with Perry/Matthews here and there.

I'm sorry but I think Ted needs to bring in a Veteran in at one of these positions. I get the draft first mentality, but we need a reliable guy either in the middle of the field or the backend of the field that get these guys in position and have the defense rally behind them.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

So...you want to get rid of Capers and get more veteran players. You then reference Collins and Woodson (who were both veterans playing for Capers when they were at their best). Then you claim we should get rid of Hawk (who is a veteran) for fresh talent. WHAT?!

:-k
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
DakotaT
10 years ago
Apparently you guys missed that whiff Hawk had on a sure sack on 3rd down that would have forced a punt instead of leading to a touchdown. Kind of sums up his whole career in GB. I'm all for improving the play at inside linebacker, but we never seem to be able to draft that position very well. Before Hawk it was Barnett never making the big plays.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Falcons got some vets and look where they are. Ted hasn't hit on all of them no, but he is a good GM and I see no reason to let him go.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

So...you want to get rid of Capers and get more veteran players. You then reference Collins and Woodson (who were both veterans playing for Capers when they were at their best). Then you claim we should get rid of Hawk (who is a veteran) for fresh talent. WHAT?!

:-k

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

I get what you're saying.. But they made our defense run. Since they left Dom has lost it. And what has happened these past 3 years on our defense, I think it's pretty evident what needs to happen. We need a change at defensive coordinator. A fresh mind. Simple as that. I mean what do you want? We don't have a Woodson or Colins, and Capers hasn't put together a good enough scheme to win without them.

beast
10 years ago

Ted hasn't hit on all of them no, but he is a good GM and I see no reason to let him go.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Like you said Ted Thompson has miss on some (but all GM have swung and missed badly).

The only reasons I see to let Ted Thompson go (vs. other GMs out there) is

1) Ted Thompson hired the "best man" for the job, instead of the "best coach" for the job. Would of been interesting to see what Sean Payton would of been able to do with all these weapons.

Then again, Sean Payton has a couple of scandal with the Saints including bountygate and another one envovling him stealing pain meds and invovled with the cover-up which the NFL and Saints were able to sweep under the rug for the most part.

2) Ted Thompson (nor the rest of the Packers) haven't gotten anyone to stop all these injuries.

Then again, I don't know what they could do to stop them... but other teams seem to have less most years... so there is something different? ... right? wrong?
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Apparently you guys missed that whiff Hawk had on a sure sack on 3rd down that would have forced a punt instead of leading to a touchdown. Kind of sums up his whole career in GB. I'm all for improving the play at inside linebacker, but we never seem to be able to draft that position very well. Before Hawk it was Barnett never making the big plays.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I just think we need a playmaker in the middle of our defense. To me a great defense needs that. Imagine our defense with a Luke Kuechly at the helm. Obviously we're not gonna just pick a Kuechly up off the street, but we need to make a change somehow.

We can play with Hawk, but it's just gonna be the same play over and over again from that part of the defense. Average. I want a guy who can help us take the ball away from the opposing team, not just make sure tackles once in a while. I need to give him credit earlier this season the guy played well, but down the stretch now he just isn't getting it done. No one is on our defense now.

Idk I just think we need a spark of some kind from the Middle Linebacker position next year, and for as good as Hawk has been with us I think we need to move on.
steveishere
10 years ago
I don't agree with "moving on" from a player just for the sake of doing it. If someone better steps up and takes their job then yeah that's great move on but getting rid of someone just for the sake of trying someone new is how you end up with a Derek Frost.
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

I don't agree with "moving on" from a player just for the sake of doing it. If someone better steps up and takes their job then yeah that's great move on but getting rid of someone just for the sake of trying someone new is how you end up with a Derek Frost.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Teams do that all the time. I mean do we just keep those guys and hope for the best? Sometimes change is good. I just think we need a bolt on the defense. Maybe bringing in other guys will spark that bolt. It doesn't hurt when you got nothing to lose. Whether it be a change at LB or not, I don't see how it would hurt if we tried something like this if we aren't having success at all on a certain part of the team.
steveishere
10 years ago

Teams do that all the time. I mean do we just keep those guys and hope for the best? Sometimes change is good. I just think we need a bolt on the defense. Maybe bringing in other guys will spark that bolt. It doesn't hurt when you got nothing to lose. Whether it be a change at LB or not, I don't see how it would hurt if we tried something like this if we aren't having success at all on a certain part of the team.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

Better than straight getting rid of them and hoping for the best. It may have been done successfully before but that doesn't mean it's good business to pre replace someone when you don't have their replacement yet. Unless they are highly over paid it makes no sense to just drop a starter and go with some random unknown replacement. You can bring in a "replacement" player without cutting the starter. If he wins the job then good if not then good thing you didn't cut the starter.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.