Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:57:19 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 449
Applause Received: 269

I don't participate in chat during the game, because I type too slow and miss too much of the game. However, I did read a lot of it. At the low points, I saw a LOT of complaining and negativity about our D, and to only slightly lesser extent, about the O Line - the last drive of regulation especially.

I have been saying all along, Ted Thompson is to blame for the overall weakness of this team other than Aaron Rodgers. When Rodgers was playing, the D was just as bad. The O Line also NEVER gave Rodgers decent time to throw, and was more cold than hot on run blocking also - especially those times when run plays were expected.

I know there is blame for McCarthy's playcalling, Capers' defense, injuries, etc., but I say the primary problem is personnel. I was just wondering how many previous Thompson defenders are ready to criticize him for the way he has built the team.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:09:33 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

I really don't think personnel is that bad. When you have two of the top 15 players in the league, that's pretty darn good. I think a major cleansing of coaching and complete overhaul of the training staff is warranted.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:15:25 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I really don't think personnel is that bad. When you have two of the top 15 players in the league, that's pretty darn good. I think a major cleansing of coaching and complete overhaul of the training staff is warranted.

In this case, who do we get rid of? Either give our OC the play calling, or bring in an OC who can call the plays? Get rid of our damn offensive line coach, FINALLY! Get rid of our defensive backs coach? Get rid of our defensive line coach? Get rid of Capers? Get rid of our strength and condition coach? Bring on a full time yoga instructor and make it mandatory for players?

?
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dhazer on 11/25/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:16:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,622
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I don't participate in chat during the game, because I type too slow and miss too much of the game. However, I did read a lot of it. At the low points, I saw a LOT of complaining and negativity about our D, and to only slightly lesser extent, about the O Line - the last drive of regulation especially.

I have been saying all along, Ted Thompson is to blame for the overall weakness of this team other than Aaron Rodgers. When Rodgers was playing, the D was just as bad. The O Line also NEVER gave Rodgers decent time to throw, and was more cold than hot on run blocking also - especially those times when run plays were expected.

I know there is blame for McCarthy's playcalling, Capers' defense, injuries, etc., but I say the primary problem is personnel. I was just wondering how many previous Thompson defenders are ready to criticize him for the way he has built the team.

I agree. Ted Thompson is responsible for the fact that we are even remotely in contention right now. lol

My god man, how many starters are we down? 16? lol

And we're like .5 games back.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 4 applause.
DoddPower on 11/24/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 11/24/2013(UTC), earthquake on 11/24/2013(UTC), Porforis on 11/25/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:31:00 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
In this case, who do we get rid of? Either give our OC the play calling, or bring in an OC who can call the plays? Get rid of our damn offensive line coach, FINALLY! Get rid of our defensive backs coach? Get rid of our defensive line coach? Get rid of Capers? Get rid of our strength and condition coach? Bring on a full time yoga instructor and make it mandatory for players?

?

Uhm, OK! I'd be happy with Capers and Campen to start with.
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:16:05 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Uhm, OK! I'd be happy with Capers and Campen to start with.

Include the Strength & Conditioning and we're set.
blank
Offline blueleopard  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:25:54 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

Ted Thompson can be to blame in regards to us not having a quarterback out there.

Other than that, you're just mad. Calm down.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:47:13 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I honestly want to get rid of Capers and get more vets on defense. Our team will be better with those 2 components. When we had players like Woodson and Colins our defense was rolling. We need some veteran presence in the secondary. Tramon Williams and Burnett is our only ones and I don't think they're the greatest leaders in the world. We need a defensive scheme that take away what a team does best and stick with something. Not get away from anything.

Get rid of Hawk and Tramon. I love these guys.. I liked what they did for this organization. They both helped us win a superbowl, but sometimes you just need sacrifice some people and bring in some fresh talent. I would also really encourage we get rid of Hawk. Now the guy is an iron man, and like Tramon he is someone I wouldn't be disappointed in resigning. BUT I think it's time we make a change. We need a playmaker in the middle of the field. Something a great defense needs. Look at guys like Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, Bobby Wagner, hell when Jon Beason came to the Giants this year it made their defense 10 times better. Hawk isn't getting it done.

I say we give Raji one last chance with a Franchise tag.

Move Hyde to Saftey and draft a Saftey with a high draft pick or pick up a vet Safety in FA

Draft a Middle Linebacker with a high draft pick or sign a vet in FA to sure up the Middle Linebacking core with Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, and Sam Barrington

And last but not least Draft a backup Passrushing OLB with a fairly high pick or (again..) pick one up in FA. This defense will be back to form with all these pieces.

Perry and Matthews have been missing time. So this can move Neal back to the D-Line and actually get someone that can come in for a game or 2 and be effective, plus it gives some rotation with Perry/Matthews here and there.

I'm sorry but I think Ted needs to bring in a Veteran in at one of these positions. I get the draft first mentality, but we need a reliable guy either in the middle of the field or the backend of the field that get these guys in position and have the defense rally behind them.

Offline beast  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:00:07 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 246
Applause Received: 312

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post

I agree part of the problem has been personally (like why didn't we upgrade Walden a lot sooner and why don't we try to upgrade OLB more? ... it's one of the most, if not the most important position on defense in a 3-4 and we got a DL (Neal and D.Jones) who weren't expecting to play LB playing a ton there, in part because they haven't drafted many OLBers.

Same can probably be said about Saftey BUT honestly I didn't like this year's Safety class, a lot of good SS, but the Packers don't like SS, they perfer two FS, and FS that can hit hard.

BUT most of the other personal are because of injuries.

OL has been pretty good this year, and with fully healthy Bulaga and Sherrod it would of been even better. Van Roten was also lost from the inside.

Finley and Cobb were top X factors... gone.

On defense Shields has been injuries, Hayward has been injuried, most of the OLB have been injuried, Worthy, Jolly and Pickett have been injured.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline blueleopard  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:14:56 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post

Get rid of Hawk

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:24:47 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
You've gotta be f*cking kidding me.

Big Grin I sowwie
Offline rabidgopher04  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:28:04 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I honestly want to get rid of Capers and get more vets on defense. Our team will be better with those 2 components. When we had players like Woodson and Colins our defense was rolling. We need some veteran presence in the secondary. Tramon Williams and Burnett is our only ones and I don't think they're the greatest leaders in the world. We need a defensive scheme that take away what a team does best and stick with something. Not get away from anything.

Get rid of Hawk and Tramon. I love these guys.. I liked what they did for this organization. They both helped us win a superbowl, but sometimes you just need sacrifice some people and bring in some fresh talent. I would also really encourage we get rid of Hawk. Now the guy is an iron man, and like Tramon he is someone I wouldn't be disappointed in resigning. BUT I think it's time we make a change. We need a playmaker in the middle of the field. Something a great defense needs. Look at guys like Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis, Bobby Wagner, hell when Jon Beason came to the Giants this year it made their defense 10 times better. Hawk isn't getting it done.

I say we give Raji one last chance with a Franchise tag.

Move Hyde to Saftey and draft a Saftey with a high draft pick or pick up a vet Safety in FA

Draft a Middle Linebacker with a high draft pick or sign a vet in FA to sure up the Middle Linebacking core with Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, and Sam Barrington

And last but not least Draft a backup Passrushing OLB with a fairly high pick or (again..) pick one up in FA. This defense will be back to form with all these pieces.

Perry and Matthews have been missing time. So this can move Neal back to the D-Line and actually get someone that can come in for a game or 2 and be effective, plus it gives some rotation with Perry/Matthews here and there.

I'm sorry but I think Ted needs to bring in a Veteran in at one of these positions. I get the draft first mentality, but we need a reliable guy either in the middle of the field or the backend of the field that get these guys in position and have the defense rally behind them.

So...you want to get rid of Capers and get more veteran players. You then reference Collins and Woodson (who were both veterans playing for Capers when they were at their best). Then you claim we should get rid of Hawk (who is a veteran) for fresh talent. WHAT?!

Think
Do you like bacon?
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:34:15 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Apparently you guys missed that whiff Hawk had on a sure sack on 3rd down that would have forced a punt instead of leading to a touchdown. Kind of sums up his whole career in GB. I'm all for improving the play at inside linebacker, but we never seem to be able to draft that position very well. Before Hawk it was Barnett never making the big plays.
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:35:56 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

Falcons got some vets and look where they are. Ted hasn't hit on all of them no, but he is a good GM and I see no reason to let him go.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:42:07 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
So...you want to get rid of Capers and get more veteran players. You then reference Collins and Woodson (who were both veterans playing for Capers when they were at their best). Then you claim we should get rid of Hawk (who is a veteran) for fresh talent. WHAT?!

Think

I get what you're saying.. But they made our defense run. Since they left Dom has lost it. And what has happened these past 3 years on our defense, I think it's pretty evident what needs to happen. We need a change at defensive coordinator. A fresh mind. Simple as that. I mean what do you want? We don't have a Woodson or Colins, and Capers hasn't put together a good enough scheme to win without them.

Rss Feed