Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:38:01 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Aaron Rodgers will be starting.

I wish that was true. I think it's the only
way the Packers have any chance of winning.

Adrian Peterson will run the ball down out
lousy defense's throats.
UserPostedImage
Offline Glorydays  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 4:23:50 AM(UTC)
Glorydays

United States

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 4

Can Flynn play safety? Where is Nick Collins? Better yet, can anyone remove Capers cranial cavity from his rectum?
Offline packerfanoutwest  
#18 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:07:25 AM(UTC)
packerfanoutwest

Applause Received: 18

ok .Tolzien was not great, bad choice of word. But at the same time most of you are putting the blame on a qb who just came off the practice squad 2 weeks ago.
Offline VinceLambeauStarr  
#19 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:42:38 AM(UTC)
VinceLambeauStarr

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

God, I miss Aaron Rodgers.

:-( Makes me realize how good we have it as fans, especially over the past four years.

To the question...

It's make it or break it time. The next two/three weeks decides if we get to the playoffs. If Aaron Rodgers misses the next three weeks, we desperately need a win or two so he isn't left with an unassailable deficit.

Which leads me to believe :-

Tolzien should suit up again. The offense as a whole should continue pressing with ways to get the ball into the endzone. He seems a couple of tweaks away from being a serviceable backup.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:05:40 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,023

FACTOID OF THE WEEK THAT MAY INTEREST ONLY ME

Number of Green Bay starting quarterbacks over last three games: 3 (Aaron Rodgers, Seneca Wallace, Scott Tolzien).

Number of Green Bay starting quarterbacks over previous 371 games: 3 (Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn).

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline steveishere  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:11:21 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 42
Applause Received: 855

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest Go to Quoted Post
ok .Tolzien was not great, bad choice of word. But at the same time most of you are putting the blame on a qb who just came off the practice squad 2 weeks ago.

He may have a decent excuse for why he made them but he still deserves the blame for his mistakes. Nobody is saying to cut him or anything.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#22 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:29:55 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 311

I expected more from him and our offense yet the red zone has been a thorn in our side all year. The teams we are playing are all trending up now, and what are we doing?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Online buckeyepackfan  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:35:01 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 267
Applause Received: 386

The "TEAM" lost, why is it so hard for some to accept that football is the "ultimate team sport"?

Putting blame on just this guy or that guy, is just crazy.

The defense could have played better, the offense could have played better, the coach could have called a better game.

The Packers are no worse off in the division after yesterdays loss.

The wild card is now looking very improbable, but The Division is still theirs for the taking.

I'm hoping Tolzien gets the start next week, he will be in Lambeau with the home crowd, he will have had another weeks work with the starters.

The guy seems to have a level head, I don't think a couple of bad passes in one game is going to send him spiralling down into T. J. Rubley land.

There is no guarantee Aaron will be back for The Detroit game, would rather have Tolzien starting there with a few weeks of work, than have to make another QB switch in the middle of the week.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:39:10 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

I don't think Tolzein played badly. He had one terrible play where he got his arm hit once while trying to throw, tried to recover and let the ball fly in panic resulting in the 3rd TD. But the game was already lost at that point. Even if he had just thrown the ball away, they are 14pts down with @2min remaining. The game was over on JPP freak INT/TD.

His first INT was not an overly bad either. He threw the ball to flat. Had he put a little more air on it, chances are they have a nice gain over the middle. That was another nice play by a defender.

And remember when Flynn had his starts, he has a mostly healthy offense around him. He had Jennings, Jones, Driver, Nelson, Finley(1of2). Tolzein is playing without one starting WR in Cobb and without Finely.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:42:02 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 311

Agreed. This is why I have definitely tempered my expectations. Tolzein speaks with a very level-headed and authoritative tone. It is commendable, but it also probably had me a little too high for this game so my low was lower than it should have been. When it was all over, I shook the hands of Giants fans for a good game and hope another week of practice will give us the edge next week.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline play2win  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:58:03 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Nothing against Tolzien, but if we want to start winning games, we might want to start Flynn. If Flynn can get us a Win v MIN, then he would be prime for a return against DET - a team he crushed.

I would try Flynn this week. Tolzien just seems a bit prone to making some big mistakes. He simply hasn't been in the system long enough. Flynn knows it inside and out. I think Flynn gives us the best chance to win.
Offline warhawk  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 10:06:49 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 213

Tolzein will start.
They have invested this much time an faith in him and you would expect him to get better with every start. IMO it would be a monumental risk to go with Flynn now. It would be different if he had some PT under his belt at least somewhere.

I don't like second guessing signal calling but McCarthy could have helped him out by throwing the ball more when it was obvious that was working much better then running it.
I have no doubt Rodgers would have thrown the ball many more times the way this game played out so the question is why not help this kid out rather than making it harder on him to move the ball?

I also think they should have gone down field more often. He was not only hitting on those the passes were nearly always thrown where only the receiver had a chance to make the catch. In other words I never saw an under thrown deep ball. In fact most of these took a very good catch on the part of the receiver.

"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/18/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 10:17:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,023

Ever notice that McCarthy rarely takes what the defense will give him? Seems kind of stubborn as if to say "No, this is what we game planned, this is the course we're taking!!"

8 or 9 in the box ... you have to see that and check out of the run play.

I'd rather win by adapting than lose by being pigheaded doing it "my" way.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 5 applause.
play2win on 11/18/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 11/18/2013(UTC), olds70supreme on 11/18/2013(UTC), sschind on 11/18/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 11/18/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 11:55:36 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 407

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Nothing against Tolzien, but if we want to start winning games, we might want to start Flynn. If Flynn can get us a Win v MIN, then he would be prime for a return against DET - a team he crushed.

I would try Flynn this week. Tolzien just seems a bit prone to making some big mistakes. He simply hasn't been in the system long enough. Flynn knows it inside and out. I think Flynn gives us the best chance to win.

Flynn did crush the Lions but if you recall Stafford crushed our defense as well. Given the way things have been lately which do you think would be the more likely repeat.

As far as I am concerned its a horse apiece as for who gets the start. Tolzien didn't look horrible and he has been working with the #1s for longer so I would give him the nod but if Flynn looks really good in practice I'd be fine with starting him as well. The problem is Mike McCarthy has to pick one guy now and give him all the work. He can't afford to see which one practices better with the starters.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#30 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 12:03:15 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 407

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Ever notice that McCarthy rarely takes what the defense will give him? Seems kind of stubborn as if to say "No, this is what we game planned, this is the course we're taking!!"

8 or 9 in the box ... you have to see that and check out of the run play.

I'd rather win by adapting than lose by being pigheaded doing it "my" way.

McCarthy always seems to have a difficult time adjusting. We don't see it as much because when you are winning most of the time the idea is what is there to adjust? But when the other teams do adjust it comes back to bite us. Next to his clock management this is my biggest knock on him. Actually this may be bigger.

I'm not sure if it is that he can't adjust or he won't but I do think he is too good of a coach to say he can't. That means pigheaded and stubborn are two very good words to use to describe MM.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Rss Feed