Zero2Cool
10 years ago
What would everyone remember you for?

What would you want everyone to remember you for?
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I'm surprised you haven't gotten a ton of responses to this in the 9 hours since the question was posted.

I really haven't done anything all that memorable in my 66 years. That might seem sad, but at least, I have had fun along the way. I doubt I will be remembered much beyond my own family. With them, I would hope to be remembered as loving, loyal, competent, and intelligent - much the same as we remember the best dogs we have had. I also want to be remembered by my family for "family values" - MY values as I have taught by example to my family, and thankfully, they seem to have soaked them up pretty well. My values, of course, as anybody who follows this forum knows, are a little bit different from society's in general - to which I say, "f--- society" - which also says how much I care about what the rest of the world thinks of my way of thinking and doing. Oh, I will occasionally express my point of view for purpose of convincing others, but as for basically the ultimate result of that - it's kinda like playing sports and a lot of other things in life - all about the fun you have doing it - unless you are fortunate enough to get paid for having that fun, of course.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Cheesey
10 years ago
I have no clue.
I don't think anyone but my wife
would miss me.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
First question... no idea what others may remember me for.

2nd.. Never been one much for worrying about what others think of me; so I guess I have never really thought about that question. Probably something like this.. headstrong, independent to a fault, determined, loyal, family oriented and and at times intimidating when need be. But most of all.. never took anything for granted.

And Cheesey.. your absence here is noted often. Can't speak for the world outside of here... but here I can validate. I am sure that holds true outside as well.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
What would people remember me for?

Can't answer that. Been thinking about it for a while, but when I think about the fact that I'm 55 and what I've got is a a bunch of useless degrees and a few even more useless academic scribbles.

Fact is, the most valuable thing I've done is probably my 5000-10000 postings on this and other 'net boards. And we all know how high the noise/signal ratio is in those!

As for what I'd want to be remembered for...?

1. Being a man who strove to follow the Great Commandment in all things.
2. Someone who gave his dogs the love they deserved.
3. A man of ideas and ideals, who lived what he believed, who convinced some others to believe that his ideas were worthy of believing and his actions worthy of emulation.

#1? Who knows.
#2? I've been ok at.
#3? Well, I'm pretty much 0-fer on that.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
4PackGirl
10 years ago

1. most important to me would be that my kids remember me as a good mom.
2. other than that, I really don't give a shit.
Cheesey
10 years ago
Shawn....just saw what you wrote. Thank you.
I guess i don't see what other people might see in me. It warms my heart to know that maybe my being in this world DID mean something.
I have no children, and sometimes i feel as if, when i die, there won't be anything of me left behind for people to remember.
I hope that in my time here, that maybe i touched some lives, made someone laugh on a day when they really needed it, and maybe uplifted someone in their time of need.

I know that it has happened to me many times here. When i had my heart surgery, the people here said and did things for me that helped me through a hard time.

I need that now, too, as i am going through some real life hell. It has alot to do with my getting hit by the car May 13th. I can't get into details on the computer, but let's just say I'm drowning, and i just got a big pail of water dumped on top of me.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago
Unfortunately I have had these thoughts for real and it wasn't going to be tomorrow. I was in a plane that blew an engine at 30,000 feet in the air. The weird thing was I was not scared for me. I was more scared for my kids and my wife and how they would move on.

Answering the question I know that people will remember as the person who was "quiet until you got to know him".

My kids mean the world to me so I think that is how I would want to be remembered as a good dad who loved his children.
IronMan
10 years ago
When I die, this is what I want on my head stone:

2010 Packers Home March Madness Champion
sschind
10 years ago

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a ton of responses to this in the 9 hours since the question was posted.

I really haven't done anything all that memorable in my 66 years. That might seem sad, but at least, I have had fun along the way. I doubt I will be remembered much beyond my own family. With them, I would hope to be remembered as loving, loyal, competent, and intelligent - much the same as we remember the best dogs we have had. I also want to be remembered by my family for "family values" - MY values as I have taught by example to my family, and thankfully, they seem to have soaked them up pretty well. My values, of course, as anybody who follows this forum knows, are a little bit different from society's in general - to which I say, "f--- society" - which also says how much I care about what the rest of the world thinks of my way of thinking and doing. Oh, I will occasionally express my point of view for purpose of convincing others, but as for basically the ultimate result of that - it's kinda like playing sports and a lot of other things in life - all about the fun you have doing it - unless you are fortunate enough to get paid for having that fun, of course.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

So your family would remember you much differently than we would? I'm joking, I'm joking, I couldn't resist. We disagree on a lot of things but underneath we are all Packers fans so we can joke a little with each other...right?

You've got almost 20 years on me but I suppose I could say pretty much what you did. Nothing special but no regrets. I've lived my life pretty much the same way my father has, quiet and unassuming. Work hard and love the ones around you. Take care of your own, help out those you can when you can. Nothing means as much to me as my family does (I'm not married and I have no kids but I have brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews) and I think they know that and I think that is what I would be remembered for and to be honest I can't think of much better things to be remembered for.

It's only sad if YOU think it is sad. Some people want to be remembered for big things or feel the need to be remembered by many. I don't need that and apparently you don't either so no it is not sad at all.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (11h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.