PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Yeah, but 3rd and 3 from the 5? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 1 from the 24? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 2 from the 17? Give the RB the ROCK!

1st and goal from the 9? You don't pass 3 times!!!

McCarthy laid a lot of pressure on his 3rd string QB calling THOSE plays. Jonathan Franklin rushed for over 100 yds against CIN, and has not really seen the field since on O. I do not get that.

Lacy has the most success running the ball to the left side of our OL. That was still in tact if I'm not mistaken. Why not keep running? Eventually they bust for a big gain.

44 pass attempts? Really?

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Even running to the left is extremely difficult when the C->right are on backups. We ran good last week, until we lost Lang. we ran this week until the Line got shifted around again.

Continuity and Oline blocking is far more important than which back has the rock.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

McCarthy laid a lot of pressure on his 3rd string QB calling THOSE plays. Jonathan Franklin rushed for over 100 yds against CIN, and has not really seen the field since on O. I do not get that.

Lacy has the most success running the ball to the left side of our OL. That was still in tact if I'm not mistaken. Why not keep running? Eventually they bust for a big gain.

First of all, what does this have to do with the topic - fire Capers or not?

Have you never heard of taking what the defense gives you? With wallace and even with Tolzien to some extent, the Eagles D was stacked to stop the run. After Lacy's early success, they adjusted even more that way.

1st and Goal at the Nine? If it was Aaron Rodgers, hell yeah I want to see three passes.

Jonathan Franklin basically found a hole for one big gain. Other than that, he has showed practically no vision and a tendency to fumble. Lacy and Starks are not just a little bit better, they are a LOT better.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Is another coach going to keep our DBs from losing the WR or a ball bouncing up into the WR hands? Sorry but the defense played pretty well. Three TDs on long plays, one being a fluke. Three plays accounting for 130 of 228 passing yards. We still need a FS to replace Collins.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

You can try and rationalize it all you want but giving up 200 yards rushing with a 5.5 avg per carry is NOT "the defense played pretty well." That is a crappy job. The only reason the passing yards were not more is because they didn't need to throw the ball.

Saying it was just 3 plays reminds me of Bart Starr when he was coach. He went to the stockholders meeting and said something to the effect that if 6 plays had gone their way they wouldn't have been a 6-10 team they would have been 12-4. (I don't remember their record but I know he picked 6 plays from 6 different games.) Anyone can do that but it fails to take into account what happens after those plays. It fails to take into consideration that the OTHER team can say the very same thing.

So Philly wouldn't have scored in 3 giant plays but it doesn't mean they still wouldn't have scored at all.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Defense was horrible and that's an understatement. Defense had TWO blatant facemask penalties ignored by the officials in addition to failing to keep contain on the back end. They couldn't stop a 9 minute plus drive to give the offense another chance.

Fluke plays aren't fluke if they happen from week to week.

When you can't get off the field on 3rd down, you're going to lose more games than win. Especially when you can't get turnovers.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

1st and Goal at the Nine? If it was Aaron Rodgers, hell yeah I want to see three passes.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

That's the problem. It wasn't Aaron Rodgers back there, but that's the way McCarthy called the game, as if he were still back there.

The whole point texaspackerbacker is coming away from these drives with ZERO points or a token FG is demoralizing to your own D, and the whole team for that matter.

We needed 3 yards, 1 yard, and 2 yards to keep those drives alive, and we passed every time with our 3rd string QB. That seems foolish to me. 1st and goal from the 9? and we don't even run? Wow. Even moreso. All deep in scoring territory. 3 out of 4 in the red zone. Foolish.

D stunk.

O stunk.
10 years ago

Yeah, i agree it should of been a run every 3rd and short. But other than that i didn't have too much of a problem with the play calling. I think it was more about how the game played out that put the pressure on Tolzien. The missed field goals, the eagles quick scores, injuries to the OL, the inability to run the ball, etc.

UserPostedImage
luigis
10 years ago
I agree and I can see Kevin Greene as our new DC.
Whitt and Perry should be fired too.

Luis
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
The problem is NOT Capers. The problem is shoddy personnel - Thank you Ted Thompson.

The Packers simply are not capable of consistently manning up and playing basic defense. They NEED all those tricks and blitz packages, whatever. Do the "fire Capers" crowd not remember the days of whatshisname - Sanders? or the guy who came before him - that there was so-o-o-o much whining and complaining about because they featured bland defenses? Even then, the Packers lacked that basic toughness.

The problem is players like Raji and Brad Jones at the top of the list. Pickett is only even borderline if you compare him to Raji. Nick Perry hopefully will show something when healthy, but yesterday he was awful. Palmer was pathetic. Datone Jones and Neal improved from total crap to barely adequate yesterday, Clay Matthews wasn't himself playing one-armed. Our DBs have seemed to fail, but I suspect they are being asked to do too much with all the blitzing - necessary blitzing. Just the same, I saw Burnett mess up a few times, and the other Safeties mostly didn't even get close enough to see them mess up on TV. I used to criticize A. J. Hawk - justifiably, but he has really turned it around this season - all the way to where he is an average LB now.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
play2win
10 years ago

Yeah, i agree it should of been a run every 3rd and short. But other than that i didn't have too much of a problem with the play calling. I think it was more about how the game played out that put the pressure on Tolzien. The missed field goals, the eagles quick scores, injuries to the OL, the inability to run the ball, etc.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was driving at chesseheads123. Those were crucial points in the game, and each one McCarthy chose to pass instead of run.

What does that do to the confidence of your RBs and OL? Wow. Certainly not a confidence "builder."

Why not get Raji in the backfield on one or two of those as a lead blocker? We could have easily scored two more TDs that way….
10 years ago
Lovie Smith anyone? 😝
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.