MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

The Green Bay Packers defense has struggled the last few weeks — that's putting it lightly — even though they have the talent to be a lot better. The Packers' defense started out strong during the first half of the season, but tackling issues have been one of the biggest issues for the team the

LombardiAve  wrote:

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I can live with handing Capers his release. I don't see it coming until after the season. His time was up a cou[le of years ago.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Joe Whitt, Jr promoted to DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
I can live with Capers being handed his walking papers. It seems like over the past 2-3 years when this team REALLY needed a defensive stop/big play/something created from nothing from the booth it hasn't happened.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
play2win
10 years ago
To me, this seems a bit premature. We are currently 21st in run D, 12th in pass D, and 12th in scoring D. That is through a lot of adversity due to injury.

If Mike McCarthy can simply close the deal on some of these teams by pounding the football, we might be able to steal a few wins with Rodgers on the mend. McCarthy has to stop treating 2nd and 3rd string QBs like he does his NFL MVP. Run the damn football and score some points. You have THREE 100 yd/game rushers on your roster!

Last week Wallace threw the game away, this week Tolzien threw it away. FAR more passing than there should have been, opening us up to disaster, and two losses.

McCarthy is demoralizing his own team with all of these impossible pass plays. I mean, c'mon. Your 2nd and 3rd stringers are not going to complete 70% of those like he is mistakenly imagining.

Out goes the defense again, heads down….

Trust me, I am not liking what I am seeing on D, but I am not liking what I am seeing on O more.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
Is another coach going to keep our DBs from losing the WR or a ball bouncing up into the WR hands? Sorry but the defense played pretty well. Three TDs on long plays, one being a fluke. Three plays accounting for 130 of 228 passing yards. We still need a FS to replace Collins.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
play2win
10 years ago

We still need a FS to replace Collins.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

That's the biggie right there PackFanWithTwins! A need that we had going into this season, as well as last season. Maybe, maybe, Sean Richardson gets a look now that he is cleared to play. I'm not going to hold my breath, but, it is possible the kid could do something positive back there.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted Ted to bring in a veteran S in FA or via trade.

I agree with you too, that we just witnessed two consecutive weeks of fluke plays that killed us. Both McCown and Foles were throwing up prayers that became receptions and scores.
10 years ago

To me, this seems a bit premature. We are currently 21st in run D, 12th in pass D, and 12th in scoring D. That is through a lot of adversity due to injury.

If Mike McCarthy can simply close the deal on some of these teams by pounding the football, we might be able to steal a few wins with Rodgers on the mend. McCarthy has to stop treating 2nd and 3rd string QBs like he does his NFL MVP. Run the damn football and score some points. You have THREE 100 yd/game rushers on your roster!

Last week Wallace threw the game away, this week Tolzien threw it away. FAR more passing than there should have been, opening us up to disaster, and two losses.

McCarthy is demoralizing his own team with all of these impossible pass plays. I mean, c'mon. Your 2nd and 3rd stringers are not going to complete 70% of those like he is mistakenly imagining.

Out goes the defense again, heads down….

Trust me, I am not liking what I am seeing on D, but I am not liking what I am seeing on O more.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Running the ball was not working this week especially when the Packers fell behind.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Running the ball was not working this week especially when the Packers fell behind.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

I think not being able to run, had more to do with having Lang a C, Taylor at G and Newhouse at T.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
play2win
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

Yeah, but 3rd and 3 from the 5? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 1 from the 24? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 2 from the 17? Give the RB the ROCK!

1st and goal from the 9? You don't pass 3 times!!!

McCarthy laid a lot of pressure on his 3rd string QB calling THOSE plays. Jonathan Franklin rushed for over 100 yds against CIN, and has not really seen the field since on O. I do not get that.

Lacy has the most success running the ball to the left side of our OL. That was still in tact if I'm not mistaken. Why not keep running? Eventually they bust for a big gain.

44 pass attempts? Really?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (30m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.