Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:18:46 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Why on earth are you censoring the word sh!t in the least effective way you could?

Anyway, if anything, having a high completion rate ups your stats, doesn't it? Or is he only stat-whoring for yards? I feel like you have some inside knowledge on this or something.

Also, how often have you sat in your chair, thinking it was the perfect time for a hail mary? I'm convinced that he does it when the game is on the line. At halftime, I'm also pretty sure that he isn't the one who fully decides whether they take a knee, throw one into the endzone or kick a field goal.

While I agree that sometimes it is a bit annoying that he misses a wide open guy in the flat and just heaves another one downfield, I don't see how you've come to the conclusion that it's for stat whoring purposes. Seems like a thing you do regurarly, draw conclusions that have no factual (or even reasonable at times) basis and just run with them.

EDIT: Ah, the whole sh!t censoring thing is automatic. Sorry for that one.

It seems to me that Mike and Aaron are obsessed with breaking Favre's records. They want YARDS. They want chunks of yards, and they want to score fast, so they have more opportunities to get more yards.

They've been playing more fundamentally sound of late, though.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Rockmolder  
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:44:47 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me that Mike and Aaron are obsessed with breaking Favre's records. They want YARDS. They want chunks of yards, and they want to score fast, so they have more opportunities to get more yards.

I don't see how it's more reasonable to you that Mike and Aaron are a duo of Scooby-doo like villians who are on a quest to be superior to Brett and want to show that by means of breaking a passing record, than it being a flaw in Aaron's game, always looking deep and missing the short completion.

You're implying they might be hurting the entire team so they can stick it to Brett. That they won a Super Bowl, not playing to the top of their abilities, but while trying to amass as many pass yards as possible.

If anything, that game against a ridiculously porous Lions defense, the one that Flynn absolutely lit up, shows that it's not about the yards and stats. Aaron could've had Brady's record there, could've gone over 5000 yards and he sat it out.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 11/7/2013(UTC), Yerko on 11/8/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:24:50 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,774
Applause Received: 418

I don't see how it's more reasonable to you that Mike and Aaron are a duo of Scooby-doo like villians who are on a quest to be superior to Brett and want to show that by means of breaking a passing record, than it being a flaw in Aaron's game, always looking deep and missing the short completion.

You're implying they might be hurting the entire team so they can stick it to Brett. That they won a Super Bowl, not playing to the top of their abilities, but while trying to amass as many pass yards as possible.

If anything, that game against a ridiculously porous Lions defense, the one that Flynn absolutely lit up, shows that it's not about the yards and stats. Aaron could've had Brady's record there, could've gone over 5000 yards and he sat it out.

Nerdmann defies all logic and facts and convinces himself that his ludicrous opinions are reality. Don't feed the beast, because it's just what it is.
Offline nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:24:50 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Two years before that, he could have had Dickey's record. He went until he hit Favre's record, then he sat.

It just seems to me that, until around week 10, Mike and Aaron are racking up stats. Once the playoff race heats up, they start to get more serious.

You know how Aaron takes everything as a personal Sleight, right? Chip on his shoulder and all that? You don't think that Favre situation effected him?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online buckeyepackfan  
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:38:45 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

...........PLAYER...................ttl yds YAC....yds per catch

102 Jermichael Finley....... 300.....235
103 Jordy Nelson..............716.... 223
104 Randall Cobb.............378.... 177
105 James Jones..............366.....177
106 Jarrett Boykin GB.......250.....110
107 Eddie Lacy...................78.......98
108 James Starks...............44.......53
109 Myles White.................52......43
110 Andrew Quarless.........75......38
111 Johnathan Franklin......30......28
112 John Kuhn...................24......24
.....................................2,313...1206.....52% YAC

I posted this for you a couple weeks ago, trying to get you to realize you are seeing something that is not there.
At the time the YAC was 48% of ttl ydg, now it is 52%, that does include last weeks game so there is a 100 or so yds that belong to Senaca.

http://www.sportingchart...ds-after-the-catch/2013/
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline nerdmann  
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:46:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
...........PLAYER...................ttl yds YAC....yds per catch

102 Jermichael Finley....... 300.....235
103 Jordy Nelson..............716.... 223
104 Randall Cobb.............378.... 177
105 James Jones..............366.....177
106 Jarrett Boykin GB.......250.....110
107 Eddie Lacy...................78.......98
108 James Starks...............44.......53
109 Myles White.................52......43
110 Andrew Quarless.........75......38
111 Johnathan Franklin......30......28
112 John Kuhn...................24......24
.....................................2,313...1206.....52% YAC

I posted this for you a couple weeks ago, trying to get you to realize you are seeing something that is not there.
At the time the YAC was 48% of ttl ydg, now it is 52%, that does include last weeks game so there is a 100 or so yds that belong to Senaca.

http://www.sportingchart...ds-after-the-catch/2013/

So you're finally admitting I was right?
Online buckeyepackfan  
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:54:36 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

So you're finally admitting I was right?

Are You fricken insane? over half of Aarons ttl ydg has come after the catch. The same goes for 2012.......4177 ttl ydg. 2092 YAC 50.2%

Do you not understand that Aaron is NOT firing the ball down the field all the time, stat -whoring as you call it.
Oh hell nevermind, YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

http://www.sportingchart...rodgers/#Passing%20Yards$GameType=279588574&SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin=1990

lLook at it avg yds per catch 8.5. I hate brining up actual stats, just to make you look foolish, but since you don't seem to understand anything else.

Edited by user Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:06:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:00:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Are You fricken insane? over half of Aarons ttl ydg has come after the catch. The same goes for 2012.......4177 ttl ydg. 2092 YAC 50.2%

Do you not understand that Aaron is NOT firing the ball down the field all the time, stat -whoring as you call it.
Oh hell nevermind, YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

http://www.sportingchart...rodgers/#Passing%20Yards$GameType=279588574&SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin=1990

lLook at it avg yds per catch 8.5. I hate brining up actual stats, just to make you look foolish, but since you don't seem to understand anything else.

According to your post, YAC increased recently. That would coincide with throwing shorter, due to the injury situation.

Just because Aaron's throwing deep, doesn't mean Jordy and the boys are gonna fall down as soon as they catch the ball. Hell, even Finley hasn't been doing that. lol
Offline steveishere  
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:36:25 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 809

Rodgers has thrown a higher % of passes 20+ yards this year than he did in 2011.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/8/2013(UTC)
Online buckeyepackfan  
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:44:43 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

According to your post, YAC increased recently. That would coincide with throwing shorter, due to the injury situation.

Just because Aaron's throwing deep, doesn't mean Jordy and the boys are gonna fall down as soon as they catch the ball. Hell, even Finley hasn't been doing that. lol

I tried to make you see what a dumbass statement you are making in stat-whoring, but of course YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE HARD NUMBERS.

Glad I don't live in your world.

Really has to be a scary place at times.
Offline steveishere  
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:50:10 PM(UTC)
steveishere

That doesn't really explain why the last few years Aaron has only been 14th 16th and 10th in pass attempts.
Offline steveishere  
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:02:37 PM(UTC)
steveishere

How about this compared to "dink and dunkers" Tom Brady and Drew Brees last year

Passes thrown 10 or less yards from the line of scrimmage:

Drew Brees 67%
Aaron Rodgers 68.5%
Tom Brady 69%

The Packers under McCarthy/Rodgers throw most of their passes short they also throw a fair amount of deep passes but it looks like they throw deep more often because Rodgers is so efficient at it. Relatively speaking when he goes deep Rodgers rarely misses.

It isn't "stat-whoring" it's called "winning"
thanks Post received 3 applause.
DoddPower on 11/7/2013(UTC), Rockmolder on 11/8/2013(UTC), Yerko on 11/8/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:28:51 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,751
Applause Received: 1,319

Well, he could stop passing up open guys underneath in order to throw deep. In doing so, he could stop holding the ball for 8 seconds.

He could develop a willingness to throw Hail Marys at the end of the half, risking an INT on his stat sheet. sh!t like that.

no because throwing deep when the play isn't open would be stat whoring. By your own admission Aaron is not a stat whore.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#44 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 9:31:14 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

I tried to make you see what a dumbass statement you are making in stat-whoring, but of course YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE HARD NUMBERS.

Glad I don't live in your world.

Really has to be a scary place at times.

Your attempt really only supported my own position.

So yeah, I'll take the hard numbers. lol
Offline nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 9:32:36 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
That doesn't really explain why the last few years Aaron has only been 14th 16th and 10th in pass attempts.

We're a good team, so we're not in a position of having to pass in order to try to come back late in games.

And anyway, Aaron's not really known for his comebacks, is he? lol
Rss Feed