gbguy20
10 years ago

🙄

I see you are no good with the high levels of math that are involved to solve this equation.

The quote was 4 times there with 4 failures is still zero. The same percent as if they had just stayed home. If you add all the other times the vickies were in the playoffs and failed it is still zero.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

ur logic sucks
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

But you can't automatically assume that had we signed SJ that he would have gotten hurt or been ineffective.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Why not, because the Packers have been oh so injury free this season?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

To be fair, the quote said the more times a team gets there, the more LIKELY they are to win it. Doesn't mean they actually will, but the chances are greater than if they never made it there in the first place. All probability.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Yes. Thank you for pointing this out. Without your help I would have totally missed it.

Actually I know what the original post was all about. I was only trying to beat down on the vikings a little.

What I fail to understand is why no one seems to understand and continues to act like I can't grasp the concept although I have repeatedly acknowledged my comprehension of its meaning. But please someone explain it to my one more time just to be sure. 🙄
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

I think all of us were disappointed we didn't get Jackson if I can recall the thread. I think this may have been a fortunate miss on our part, as I do believe we were in contention.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

nope. I thought a trade for Jackson would be to expensive and his best days were behind him.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago

nope. I thought a trade for Jackson would be to expensive and his best days were behind him.

Jackson was a Free Agent.

TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago

It seems like a lot of reports were saying SJ was not seriously considering us but that he was just using us as a bargaining chip.

If we do land Jackson does that automatically mean that we pass on Lacy? If Ted Thompson truly had him as the best player on his list and if he did fall that far it is not totally inconceivable that he would have drafted Lacy anyway. Ted Thompson has been known to draft players that have fallen more than they probably should have even when the need for that position wasn't dire. At least one comes to mind and I think everyone is happy that he did.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I agree we still may have went for Lacy, but we probably don't go for him and Franklin. Or maybe we just get Franklin. All that to say is I am very happy where we are at for the first time since the pro-bowl Ahman Green years in our running game.

DakotaT
10 years ago

I agree we still may have went for Lacy, but we probably don't go for him and Franklin. Or maybe we just get Franklin. All that to say is I am very happy where we are at for the first time since the pro-bowl Ahman Green years in our running game.

We're not quite there yet, but it's a lot better.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
Lets take this a step further. Safety was as big a concern coming into this season as any other position on the team. Dashon Goldson was a Free Agent that I really, really wanted Ted to pursue. I thought it made perfect sense to bring a veteran S like him into the fold to play alongside Morgan Burnett, and that it would be well worth the price tag.

Enter, Chris Banjo.

Who? Just a remarkable find IMO by Ted Thompson. Banjo is one of those players in the secondary that plays much bigger than his size and stature. The guy has what look to be great football instincts, and he knows how to finish a play. McMillian has been a huge disappointment to me thus far. Great to see somebody jump in and perform at a high level at the position.

We also have a slim possibility that Sean Richardson gets his chance to show what he can do. I'm very hopeful for this player, as he was Hayward's teammate at Vanderbilt, and he has great size for the position. Figure too, that MD Jennings is looking to be playing a little bit better this year. I have a hard time saying that, but I do believe it is true. Player development.

The monies Ted may have had to spend on a player like Goldson would have made re-signing some of our other important players this next offseason impossible. Ted stuck to his guns, and found some Safety help in the UDFA bargain bin.

Another example is the addition of a veteran presence with proven skills to our DL. Johnny Jolly has far exceeded the expectations of many. It was a great risk to bring him back to this Packers team, but Ted has done such a great job of infusing quality people into his system, that this second chance for Jolly seems to carry a lesser risk. He is surrounded by supportive, positive reenforcement from a pretty damn good group of teammates. It is amazing what this player has done for our defense this season. Looking at it now, I'd much rather have Jolly on our team than Chris Canty… Jolly's presence has helped to transform our defense and the attitude they play with - that is perfectly clear. High risk. Great reward.

Letting Jennings and Woodson move on to other teams, along with maintaining his stoic, conservative approach to offseason FA, has given him a lot of cap room to work with, while retaining the services of some key, top of scale veteran players. I've marveled at Ozzie Newsome's winning ways in March… but my hat is off to our own GM, Ted Thompson.

We have not won anything yet, but I would venture to say this team is far and away better than those we put onto the field in 2011 and 2012. A lot of that has to do with Ted's philosophy of building from within, retaining his players that he invests heavily to scout and draft, and developing that talent. Its not "sexy," but the guy's got "sizzle!" He is getting results. The depth of talent on his team proves that, along with their winning ways.
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

Jackson was a Free Agent.

I am referring to when he was with the Rams and there was a rumor that they may trade him. That is when all the commotion began.

I was a little more interested when he was a FA but not much because by then the draft was near.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago

I am referring to when he was with the Rams and there was a rumor that they may trade him. That is when all the commotion began.

I was a little more interested when he was a FA but not much because by then the draft was near.

I remember more the Lynch trade buzz than Jackson.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.