nerdmann
10 years ago

Not having Briggs will hurt an already poor defense. He created more hell for us on the inside runs often blowing them up for losses. Instinctive and hard to block player who was the leader of the D after Urlacher left.

The only chance they have is if they get multiple strips from our young receivers and RB's and Hester takes a couple back all the way or deep into our territory.

I always dread playing these guys because it's always ugly. They won't do anything at all and then they pick up a ball laying on the ground for a TD and get a big return out of Hester and all of a sudden they are in the game.

We will probably kill them stat wise. Double their first downs and total yards but the score won't show that. Like I say, it's always ugly playing the Bears. They seldom win without three turnovers and a couple of big ST plays thrown in.

That and the fact that no matter how bad they get their ass kicked all game long Bears fans will always come up with one or two plays that would have won the game for them regardless of how fortunate they were to even be in the game at all.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

I agree, but I think we'll win it.

It'll be almost like a strike team game, from '87 with all the injuries and whatnot. We got this.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Good Point above about Hester, but hopefully THAT situation has been dealt with after opening kickoff last week. I like the way we didn't shy away from kicking to the guy after his big return. Hester is still good, but he seems to be getting a little bit fragile with age. If he starts out with a half decent return, maybe we sic Mashay on him and slow him down some hahahaha.

About the bye week thing, it probably all evens out over the course of a season or at least seasons. In the Bears case, it did not allow them (apparently) to get any of their hurt stars back.

edit: actually, I guess we did kick away from him part of the time, but it wasn't by squib or short kicks, it was the directionally kicking it through the endzone.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Yerko
10 years ago

It all depends on your perspective. South of the cheeseland border beating to Bears even if they are hapless is much better than beating the vikies even if that win is for the division title.

The crap I get from Bears fans even from grandmas is ridiculous. A couple of wins a year keeps them quiet. I have not heard a whisper since the Bears began their annual hibernation.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Chicago here...
Watched football by myself growing up...pretty much my entire lifetime of watching football due to latching onto the Packers back in the early 90's. Rest of my family and friends are hardcore Bears fans (and very fair-weathered fans) so we have very much different opinions and taste in football, mine being better of course. So, for me...a Bear beat down is the ULTIMATE beat down of the season...especially when it is done twice.

Been using the Ditka in a Packers jersey picture all week to taunt them.
UserPostedImage

Game thoughts.
Is James Jones coming back this week? I know injury disclosure doesn't have to happen until tomorrow being a Monda night game but since he was so close to coming back for the Vikings game, I am guessing he might be a yes? If so, this offense should be perfectly fine with their pass game. The Bears defense is in trouble. I don't think a single one of their linebackers have ever been a starter in the NFL (maybe one of their OLB). Their 2-3 defensive tackles are injured and it has taken a toll on the defensive ends, Peppers and McClellan (who sucks anyways). I expect the Packers to run-run-and run some more on the defense and then hit the play action.
The Bears safeties are also horrible. Matt Bowen was writing about how they are easily lost on the field and thrown off by a QBs pump fake or eye contact. Well, they are facing Rodgers this week so they are in for a treat.

I think the Bears offense can still be scary but it will have its sputtering moments. McCown isn't going to do anything for this team and we all witnessed how frustrated Brandon Marshall became with this defense and its game plan last season. Right now, the Bears biggest threat is Matt Forte breaking the big runs and the Packers run defense has been great against top runningbacks.

It seems anything the Bears have, the Packers are able to cancel out.

Packers- 41
Bears- 23
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Chicago here...
Watched football by myself growing up...pretty much my entire lifetime of watching football due to latching onto the Packers back in the early 90's. Rest of my family and friends are hardcore Bears fans (and very fair-weathered fans) so we have very much different opinions and taste in football, mine being better of course. So, for me...a Bear beat down is the ULTIMATE beat down of the season...especially when it is done twice.

Been using the Ditka in a Packers jersey picture all week to taunt them.
UserPostedImage

Game thoughts.
Is James Jones coming back this week? I know injury disclosure doesn't have to happen until tomorrow being a Monda night game but since he was so close to coming back for the Vikings game, I am guessing he might be a yes? If so, this offense should be perfectly fine with their pass game. The Bears defense is in trouble. I don't think a single one of their linebackers have ever been a starter in the NFL (maybe one of their OLB). Their 2-3 defensive tackles are injured and it has taken a toll on the defensive ends, Peppers and McClellan (who sucks anyways). I expect the Packers to run-run-and run some more on the defense and then hit the play action.
The Bears safeties are also horrible. Matt Bowen was writing about how they are easily lost on the field and thrown off by a QBs pump fake or eye contact. Well, they are facing Rodgers this week so they are in for a treat.

I think the Bears offense can still be scary but it will have its sputtering moments. McCown isn't going to do anything for this team and we all witnessed how frustrated Brandon Marshall became with this defense and its game plan last season. Right now, the Bears biggest threat is Matt Forte breaking the big runs and the Packers run defense has been great against top runningbacks.

It seems anything the Bears have, the Packers are able to cancel out.

Packers- 41
Bears- 23

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Ditka is definitely a Rodgers fan!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
yerko my son heads out to one of the Packer bars and watches the games. lots of fans there.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
10 years ago
Cutler and Briggs being gone spells doom for "Da Bares".
Briggs was their best defensive player, and his loss will hurt their already poor D.

That, and the game being in Green Bay.

I'd say hold out Jones if he's not 100% and let hime heal another week. Why chance it if he's not needed? I can see having him ready, but don't use him if you can get by with what you have.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Mentioned earlier, this will probably end up being ...UGLY,UGLY,UGLY!!!

Always seems to turn out that way.

Looking foward to The Packers shoving the ball down the throat of that depleted Bears defense.

Don't think Aaron will have a big game, for some reason The bears always seem to reign him in.

Monday Night Football!!!!

Lambeau Field!!!!

PACKERS DOMINATE IN THE END!!!

Packers 16 - Bears 0
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
10th Green Bay Packers +11.934
96.089 defensive passer rating
108.024 offensive passer rating

15th Chicago Bears +2.679
91.275 defensive passer rating
93.954 offensive passer rating

UserPostedImage
Tezzy
10 years ago

hahaha It's a bad thing for their defense. For some odd reason (maybe because of that game you mentioned), Cutler scares me just a little bit with his potential to explode/get inspired/whatever - even though it would be unlikely to happen. I'm more comfortable with a low-ceiling career backup like McCown in there. I bet he throws a couple to our guys.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Marshall and Jeffery can both go up and get jump balls. That right there is why I always cringe playing against Cutler, even though we have the record to say otherwise against him. He is willing to just chuck it up and let the WR make a play, and they can. I do think the Trestman offense is more tailored to be able to succeed with a backup like Josh, so I don't expect their offense to be neutered by much. Like our focus so many games this year, stuff the run and go from there.

The Bears defense, just having problems in so many areas. Their front 4 have not been getting it done, and I would like it to stay that way. Really don't want to see Peppers have the game of his season on Monday. Some fresh faces at LB, but that's what they drafted for, so could actually be a bright spot with the upgraded youth. Outside of Tillman, their backend is very beatable, and I look for Rodgers to have a stat padding kind of night that would make Nerdmann proud.

All said and done:
Packers - 34
Bears - 20

On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
McCown can break contain pretty well too. Keep in the pocket and pressure him as much as possible.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.