Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

So how did the Browns end up signing a guy with a torn ACL from the Packers' practice squad? The guy in question, receiver Charles Johnson, had a torn ACL that no one knew about. When a player is signed from another team's practice squad, a physical isn't given before the player joins the team. ...

Mike Florio  wrote:

Well, that might explain why he never really got going. Another feather in the cap for the Green Bay Packers medical team.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
ouch. That is rather shocking.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
10 years ago

ouch. That is rather shocking.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

damn ya - so he is signed byt he browns and has a partially torn acl - and this is the same thing bulaga had and he decided to get surgery huh ...

funny enough - our Oline isnt as bad off as we thought this year ...

Zero2Cool
10 years ago

damn ya - so he is signed byt he browns and has a partially torn acl - and this is the same thing bulaga had and he decided to get surgery huh ...

funny enough - our Oline isnt as bad off as we thought this year ...

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

He's been sacked 14 times in five games. That's on pace for 44 sacks for the season.

Although, the run blocking I think has done a good job. Pass blocking, not so much.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
Well... as bad as the miss looks for us... for the team as a whole it probably assists us.

Johnson should be returned to us.. while we pick up the surgery costs and place him on IR.. we also would retain his rights moving forward. Gives us a second look at him if we want next season.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
beast
10 years ago

Well... as bad as the miss looks for us... for the team as a whole it probably assists us.

Johnson should be returned to us.. while we pick up the surgery costs and place him on IR.. we also would retain his rights moving forward. Gives us a second look at him if we want next season.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I know you said "should be", but I'm checking about what is going to happen...

Are the Packers going to get his rights back? Or the Browns going to keep his rights?

I thought the Browns got to keep his rights, since they signed him.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

I know you said "should be", but I'm checking about what is going to happen...

Are the Packers going to get his rights back? Or the Browns going to keep his rights?

I thought the Browns got to keep his rights, since they signed him.

Originally Posted by: beast 

If he failed his physical, he should revert back.

But I agree, you gotta wonder, wtf. smh

This is the same group that forced Nick Collins to retire after a completely unnecessary surgery.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
10 years ago

If he failed his physical, he should revert back.

But I agree, you gotta wonder, wtf. smh

This is the same group that forced Nick Collins to retire after a completely unnecessary surgery.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The Browns already signed him to a contract so they will probably IR him. He's theirs.

Nick Collins hasn't been forced to retire he's free to play for any team in the league.
nerdmann
10 years ago

The Browns already signed him to a contract so they will probably IR him. He's theirs.

Nick Collins hasn't been forced to retire he's free to play for any team in the league.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

The contract should be contingent upon passing the physical. That's what's happened in the past when there've been trades and whatnot, iirc.

Then again the Packers might not even want him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
10 years ago

The contract should be contingent upon passing the physical. That's what's happened in the past when there've been trades and whatnot, iirc.

Then again the Packers might not even want him.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I don't think it is, the contract is contingent on him signing his name to it. Trades are contingent on a player passing a physical but when you sign a player off somebody's practice squad you have to sign them to your team for at least 2 weeks so they already gave him a contract. This wasn't a trade or anything where another team is getting compensation it's not really any different from signing any FA.
Fan Shout
dhazer (21m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.