Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Wisconsin and LSU will play at Green Bay's Lambeau Field early in the 2016 season, the Packers and UW said Friday. The Badgers will host the Tigers on Saturday, September 3, 2016. "It is a tremendous opportunity to showcase our program, a great experience for our players to play in one of the most revered...

Mike Wilkening  wrote:

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
10 years ago
Aw crap, they are going to wreck the field.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I think every NFL stadium should host at least one game every year. Illinois has played on Soldiers Field every once in a while. It probably improved the lumps in the field when they did.

It would be fun to see a major game like Nebraska and OSU on Soldier Field. Or Wisconsin and USC for that matter.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
They should have the State HS Football games in the NFL stadium, if one is there. Imagine the interest that would garner for football kids to play the sport? Imagine the opportunity to play at Lambeau Field as a high school kid. Talk about some motivation to kick ass and do good in school.
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
10 years ago

They should have the State HS Football games in the NFL stadium, if one is there. Imagine the interest that would garner for football kids to play the sport? Imagine the opportunity to play at Lambeau Field as a high school kid. Talk about some motivation to kick ass and do good in school.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

HS State football playoffs are played at the Metrodome in Minnesota.

I didn't read the article, but on first glance I'm not sure why Wisconsin would want to do this. It must work out financially, but I thought Camp Randall could hold about 100,000 people meaning more money for UW than if the game is at Lambeau.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Camp Randall - Capacity: 80,321
Lambeau Field - Capicity: 80,750

Plus, Lambeau has $8.75 weiners.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
It's the second half of a home and home. The first half will be played in 2014 at Reliant Field where the Houston Texans play. If we were to play in Camp Randall, we probably would have had to play in Death Valley - not a good thing.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

GREEN BAY — College football is indeed coming to Lambeau Field.

The oft-discussed game between LSU and the University of Wisconsin at the Green Bay Packers' hallowed stadium is a go, as the team and the UW athletic department announced Friday that the game will be played on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016.

"We're honored to be able to host two storied college football programs at Lambeau Field," Packers president/CEO Mark Murphy said in a statement. "It will be an exciting weekend for football fans at our historic stadium. The Green Bay community will serve as an excellent host and we all look forward to seeing fans from both teams that weekend."

The game will be the fourth college football game to be played at Lambeau Field. St. Norbert College twice played host to Fordham University at Lambeau Field in a Vince Lombardi Memorial Game, winning both contests. The Green Knights defeated the Rams 14-10 on Nov. 20, 1982, and 18-9 on Nov. 19, 1983. St. Norbert also hosted Mankato State College on Oct. 29, 1960, defeating the Indians, 29-14.

The UW-LSU game will be played on the Saturday between the preseason finale and the regular-season opener. Assuming the Packers open the season on Sunday, Sept. 11 that year, the field would a full week to recover.

If the Packers happen to win Super Bowl L at the end of the 2015 season, they would traditionally host the 2016 Kickoff game at Lambeau Field, which has been played on a Thursday.

The Wisconsin State Journal reported that according to a contract reviewed Thursday by the UW Board of Regents, the Packers have agreed to pay UW $3 million as well as all costs for putting on the game. The Packers would then keep the revenue generated from the game.

According to the State Journal, UW will receive two complimentary 24-person suites and get a minimum of 40,000 tickets. Of those, 300 will be used for players' families, 475 for the UW Band and 7,500 for students at a discounted rate of at least 40 percent off the lowest priced general admission ticket. The rest of the tickets will be sold to the general public at regular prices.

Details regarding game time, tickets and other related information will be announced at a later date, the Packers said.

"I'm very excited about this game and I hope our fans are, too," UW athletic director Barry Alvarez said in the statement. "We have a great working relationship with the Packers and Mark Murphy and I want to thank them for all their help in getting this game scheduled. It is a tremendous opportunity to showcase our program, a great experience for our players to play in one of the most revered stadiums in the country and a terrific chance for our fans to see us play a quality opponent in the state of Wisconsin."

Jason Wilde  wrote:

UserPostedImage
nyrpack
10 years ago
great thing for most of the players, espicially for the ones who never make to the nfl !!
jimmy b.
sschind
10 years ago

HS State football playoffs are played at the Metrodome in Minnesota.

I didn't read the article, but on first glance I'm not sure why Wisconsin would want to do this. It must work out financially, but I thought Camp Randall could hold about 100,000 people meaning more money for UW than if the game is at Lambeau.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

What does the Metrodome have to do with NFL stadiums?

Sorry, you knew it was coming. You walked right into it.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.