10 years ago
1. Tailgating
2. Failure to use turn signals when changing lanes or turning
3. Being in the left lane for no reason
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

1. FAR more accidents are caused by slow-assed fools who get hit from behind - the most dishonorable kind of dent is in the rear hahaha. Also, those same slow-assed rule-following fools cause the great majority of road rage among us normal people who get pissed off at them. As I said, though, most of that can be solved with a simple middle finger - the God-given remedy for dealing with dumbasses.

wpr, somehow I knew (or at least am not surprised) that you are an insurance guy.

2. Answer me this question if you can: many years ago I briefly sold life insurance (A.L. Williams). I was told at that time that auto insurance was just a side light for most insurance companies, not much profit in it. Now, you have Discount Double-Check and 10 or 12 other companies aggressively, almost frantically advertizing for auto insurance business. Apparently there is real profit in it now. What has changed? Safer driving? The "Individual Mandate" as applied to auto insurance? Something else?

3. BTW, in 50 1/2 years of driving, I have been involved in exactly one property damage accident - no injuries. I got hit from behind (oh the shame of it hahahaha) while sitting at a stop light by a damn drunk. He got injured - by me beating the crap out of him right there in the street.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

1. Wrong. Statistics say so.

2. Auto insurance is not a lost leader. There are many years were the industry combined loss ratio for auto insurance is 103-107%. That means for every dollar the industry takes in they spend a dollar and three cents to a dollar and seven cents. When they can get more than 10% on their investments it is not terribly bad (although companies will still complain.) in today's financial market they are not getting that. The past few years the loss ratio has been a little higher than that thus the rate increases for the past few years has been a little steeper than usual. As for your question about all the ads, the companies you are mentioning depend on auto sales. They do very little outside of home and auto insurance. They need auto sales or die.

3. One driver's record does not mean it is a safer method of driving. I have met hundreds of teenagers that have not have had tickets or accidents. But as a collective group their record is not very good. Your cohorts have ruined your argument. (I had an attorney once tell me that his law firm knew how to practice law safely. After all they never had a malpractice lawsuit in the 100 years that the firm had been in existence. I told him that was marvelous but didn't mean they wouldn't in the future. They had 2 claims in the next 3 years.)

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
10 years ago
"Left laners: people driving aimlessly in the passing lane clogging up traffic.
When I have to pass them on the right they always get the finger.

People using the left turn lane to merge into traffic.
It's called the left turn lane for a reason numbnuts!
Porforis
10 years ago

"Left laners: people driving aimlessly in the passing lane clogging up traffic.
When I have to pass them on the right they always get the finger.

People using the left turn lane to merge into traffic.
It's called the left turn lane for a reason numbnuts!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Thanks for reminding me of #4: People who use turning lanes or shoulders to get around a car or two.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

1. Wrong. Statistics say so.

2. Auto insurance is not a lost leader. There are many years were the industry combined loss ratio for auto insurance is 103-107%. That means for every dollar the industry takes in they spend a dollar and three cents to a dollar and seven cents. When they can get more than 10% on their investments it is not terribly bad (although companies will still complain.) in today's financial market they are not getting that. The past few years the loss ratio has been a little higher than that thus the rate increases for the past few years has been a little steeper than usual. As for your question about all the ads, the companies you are mentioning depend on auto sales. They do very little outside of home and auto insurance. They need auto sales or die.

3. One driver's record does not mean it is a safer method of driving. I have met hundreds of teenagers that have not have had tickets or accidents. But as a collective group their record is not very good. Your cohorts have ruined your argument. (I had an attorney once tell me that his law firm knew how to practice law safely. After all they never had a malpractice lawsuit in the 100 years that the firm had been in existence. I told him that was marvelous but didn't mean they wouldn't in the future. They had 2 claims in the next 3 years.)

Originally Posted by: wpr 

My #1 couldn't be wrong because I didn't say far more than what hahahaha.

#2: Thanks for the info. It still seems illogical for so many companies to spend so much on fancy commercials unless they are making a ton of money on the product. If they do very little outside of home and auto insurance, and that is a mere loss leader, then how/why are State Farm, Allstate, GEICO, etc. such big prosperous companies?

My #3 was in response to being called an incompetent driver with implications of not being safe - when it is in fact the silly fools crawling along complying with instead of defying, ducking, and dodging all those stupid rules and regulations they are ramming down our throats with so much as a legislative vote. So strange that our Libertarian types all seem to have their heads in the clouds and don't give a damn about this kind of down to earth government shit that really does mess with our lives, unlike ........ all the shit they do deem worthy of ranting about.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
How many people know that GEICO used to be the "Government Employees Insurance Company"?

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
yooperfan
10 years ago

How many people know that GEICO used to be the "Government Employees Insurance Company"?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

GEICO was my 1st insurance for my 1st car.
I was working for the Federal Aviation Administration at the time.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Wade 

me.

Shocked? [grin1]
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago
I find it's way to easy to get stressed and drive like an idiot myself when I let other peoples driving bother me so now when I see someone doing some stupid crap on the road I just chill and let that stuff wash over me. Driving is a much more enjoyable experience if I just cruise and let other people do what they do and not worry about it so much.
GermanGilbert
10 years ago
As my driving behaviour changed completely in the last 10 years, the rants changed as well. At that time, where speed was all that mattered, it was:

- The so called "Mittelspurschleicher". Drivers in the middle or left lane driving 50 to 60 mph when all of the right lane is free. Passing down the right lane will cost you your driving license over here when they catch you multiple times.
- People who drive 5 to 10 yds behind you when you already drive with 120 to 125 mph. Horrible!! You can basically offer them a seat in your luggage space.

Now I prefer not leaving the right lane, going 50 to 60 mph myself and don't care about the "wars" all other guys fighting out on middle and left lanes. Much more enjoyable. Now what pisses me off the most are drivers who do not turn on the headlights in the dawn or when it's raining. Basically impossible to see them coming from behind.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.