yooperfan
10 years ago

After Adrian Peterson's first carry against he Lions, they shut him down quite well. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers RB's fair.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

IMO the difference will be that we have a QB who can actually pass the ball and complete passes.
This should loosen up the run game more than the Vikes could.

Dulak
10 years ago

IMO the difference will be that we have a QB who can actually pass the ball and complete passes.
This should loosen up the run game more than the Vikes could.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

ya watched the lions chicago game and stafford really cant throw that well ... at least when you compare him to rodgers.

He's got some decent receivers but so do we.

oh ya we should be happy we dont have a qb like cutler - geez Id hate my team if he was on it. Looks like such a sour puss. Especially with him throwing all the INTs
mi_keys
10 years ago

ya watched the lions chicago game and stafford really cant throw that well ... at least when you compare him to rodgers.

He's got some decent receivers but so do we.

oh ya we should be happy we dont have a qb like cutler - geez Id hate my team if he was on it. Looks like such a sour puss. Especially with him throwing all the INTs

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Stafford missed some throws badly early on. The Lions could have been up much bigger in that first half had Stafford not been so erratic.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Dulak
10 years ago

Stafford missed some throws badly early on. The Lions could have been up much bigger in that first half had Stafford not been so erratic.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

agree - the lions really trounced the bears that game but stafford really didnt shine in the 1st 1/2. He was over throwing etc ... was like a kid throwing a football with bad hand eye corordination
steveishere
10 years ago
That's who Stafford is all the time, not just a 1 game thing. He'll drop back and have a clean pocket but still throw a stupid pass sidearm off his back foot. For no reason he just does these weird things where if you watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers they have the same motions and mechanics pretty much every time.
mi_keys
10 years ago

That's who Stafford is all the time, not just a 1 game thing. He'll drop back and have a clean pocket but still throw a stupid pass sidearm off his back foot. For no reason he just does these weird things where if you watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers they have the same motions and mechanics pretty much every time.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yup. He's Brett Favre without the talent to be Brett Favre.
Born and bred a cheesehead
porky88
10 years ago
Next two weeks are huge because the schedule softens. This game could get Green Bay rolling or it could derail the season, as a Detroit victory sends them to 4-1 and drops Green Bay to 1-3.

Defensively, stop Reggie Bush. Let Calvin Johnson get his 145 yards and a touchdown. It's Bush that makes this Lions team complete. He's the player that extends drives and hits you for a big play. In previous seasons, it was all about Matthew Stafford finding Johnson. That didn't work too often against the Packers or many other teams. Make those two players beat you instead of the other 51.

Offensively, I think the short-passing game will help early. Losing Jermichael Finley was big against Cincinnati. It took away the center of the field and it hurt the short-passing game. When Rodgers knows pressure is coming, he checks to Finley often. In previous seasons, Finley wouldn't do much or drop the ball, but he's playing great this year. He's faster, stronger, and catching the ball. These plays seem trivial, but they're extending drives or setting Green Bay up with manageable third downs.

I'm also curious as to how Green Bay uses Johnathan Franklin and Eddie Lacy. I'm excited about the prospect of having two young running backs impact this offense.

It should be fun. I’m expecting a ton of points. Just throwing this out there, but the Packers are 21-1 in their last 22 regular-season home games, and the Lions haven’t won in Wisconsin since 1991.
Yerko
10 years ago
I am trying to figure out where all this hoopla is coming from for the Lions as their 3-1 record is against pretty abysmal teams. They have barely beat the Vikings and the Redksins, beat an over-hyped Bears team and lost tot he Cardinals (who are just as bad as the Vikings). They are 3-1 though and that's really all that matters.

Maybe I am giving the Packers too much credit but I think they handle the Lions pretty easily this game. Aside from their defensive line, the Lions are outmatched in every other aspect of the game. Reggie Bush will determine if the offense succeeds or not but I think the Packers defense will zone in on him.

Rodgers is coming off of having to sit on a loss (that should have been a win) for two weeks. We all know how Rodgers is and I think he comes out on fire. Add to that, we get Eddie Lacy and Jermichael Finley back in the mix which will allow Rodgers those short passes if the Lions defensive line is breaking through easily. As long as the Packers offensive line can do an average job against the Lions defensive line, the Packers should come out on top Sunday afternoon.

Expect a high scoring game...

Packers- 38
Lions- 31
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

I am trying to figure out where all this hoopla is coming from for the Lions as their 3-1 record is against pretty abysmal teams. They have barely beat the Vikings and the Redksins, beat an over-hyped Bears team and lost tot he Cardinals (who are just as bad as the Vikings). They are 3-1 though and that's really all that matters.

Maybe I am giving the Packers too much credit but I think they handle the Lions pretty easily this game. Aside from their defensive line, the Lions are outmatched in every other aspect of the game. Reggie Bush will determine if the offense succeeds or not but I think the Packers defense will zone in on him.

Rodgers is coming off of having to sit on a loss (that should have been a win) for two weeks. We all know how Rodgers is and I think he comes out on fire. Add to that, we get Eddie Lacy and Jermichael Finley back in the mix which will allow Rodgers those short passes if the Lions defensive line is breaking through easily. As long as the Packers offensive line can do an average job against the Lions defensive line, the Packers should come out on top Sunday afternoon.

Expect a high scoring game...

Packers- 38
Lions- 31

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

We're at home AND just off a bye. Two enormous advantages.

I classify it as a must win game btw. We really shit ourselves against the BeenGirls and now we're behind the 8ball at 1-2.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Coming off the bye, people are getting healthy, at home, Rodgers will be razor sharp, running game looking good. I think this will be the game is Datone Jones coming out party. Defense will force some turnovers early and the team will roll to victory. Stat Padford will add some garbage points late.

45-21
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.