Trippster
15 years ago
This is another subject I talked about with an insider last night.

Brohm is not grasping the offense mentally, at ALL.
Flynn has grasp of it quickly.

Also, he talked about how the defense was going to struggle. no ruch. only two sacks all preseason. How losing Williams was much more of a big deal than anyone realizes. That in order to put pressure on the QB we will need to blitz much more and that would require Rouse to do it as Bigby is not as fast to the QB. interesting takes.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

This is another subject I talked about with an insider last night.

Brohm is not grasping the offense mentally, at ALL.
Flynn has grasp of it quickly.

Also, he talked about how the defense was going to struggle. no ruch. only two sacks all preseason. How losing Williams was much more of a big deal than anyone realizes. That in order to put pressure on the QB we will need to blitz much more and that would require Rouse to do it as Bigby is not as fast to the QB. interesting takes.

"Trippster" wrote:

See, McCarthy said that mentally Brohm has grasped the offense better than he's seen anyone. That's either a lie or one helluva slam on some others lol
UserPostedImage
Packnic
15 years ago
You cant look at these moves as seperate entities. T T didn't just trade Corey Williams for fun, or because he wanted an extra draft pick. Corey was a free agent and was gonna leave because he wasn't gonna A. get paid starter money and B. become a starter. Ted didn't make this move to piss off fans, he made it because he thought it would be better to get something out of a situation where he would likely get nothing.

But the backup QB situation is something that might bite Ted and Mike in the end. Not because these kids arent good, as we don't know that yet. but because they might not be as ready as Mike and Ted would have thought. Remember this is not even close to an issue if Aaron stays healthy. So we don't need to freak out just yet i dont think. I mean Indy has Sorgi as a backup and their QB is legitamately hurt and no one is bashing their management. good QB's dont grow on trees, and many teams are in the same situation we are. These guys still have time to grow and learn throughout the season as long as Arod stays healthy.
blank
zerowley
15 years ago
I think you guys are taking way too much out of preseason regarding the run defense and pass rush. Obviously record means nothing, but I think too much is made about the performance of the starters as well.

Until I see these problems appear in games that actually matter (and with everyone healthy, something that we haven't had all preseason) I'm not going to get bent out of shape.

Of course it would be nice to have Williams back now, but at the time everybody was praising Thompson for getting good value for a player that didn't even want to stay here. Add in our depth at DT (at the time, obviously) and it would have been a mistake to pass on that trade.

Regarding Brohm, of course he's going to look lost out there. Even Peyton Manning (one of the most NFL ready quarterbacks to ever come out) had a terrible first season. The adjustment period for quarterbacks and linemen is much longer than it is for a lot of the skill positions.

The season is lost if Rodgers is out and getting the young QB's some experience is much more important than posting a better record, IMO. This is a team with Super Bowl hopes, not a team trying to post a record above .500, and that's all bringing a veteran in will accomplish.
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago
If Tedrow's Packers tank, and Favre takes the Jets deep into the playoffs, Ted should be fired, imo.

This is his M.O.

Sign young guys and don't have a backup plan if they fail. That's why the O-Line is the way it is. That's why we've had a poor RB situation until Grant came along, etc.

One of these days, it's all going to blow up in his face. And this could be the year. :whipitgood:
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

You cant look at these moves as seperate entities. T T didn't just trade Corey Williams for fun, or because he wanted an extra draft pick. Corey was a free agent and was gonna leave because he wasn't gonna A. get paid starter money and B. become a starter. Ted didn't make this move to piss off fans, he made it because he thought it would be better to get something out of a situation where he would likely get nothing.

But the backup QB situation is something that might bite Ted and Mike in the end. Not because these kids arent good, as we don't know that yet. but because they might not be as ready as Mike and Ted would have thought. Remember this is not even close to an issue if Aaron stays healthy. So we don't need to freak out just yet i dont think. I mean Indy has Sorgi as a backup and their QB is legitamately hurt and no one is bashing their management. good QB's dont grow on trees, and many teams are in the same situation we are. These guys still have time to grow and learn throughout the season as long as Arod stays healthy.

"Packnic" wrote:

2 points:

1) Losing Corey Williams is nothing about pissing off the fans. I have no idea how that got in there. We want Corey Williams because he's good. Good players deserve to be paid.
Ted Thompson 's thinking was probably that Harrell will step up and we can save money by Harrell replacing Williams. Bad move. Harrell's injured again, as he probably always will be. I hope not. I hope Harrell turns out to be a Pro Bowler. I just won't bet my piggy bank on it because more than likely, he'll get injured yet again.

2) In the beginning of the preseason, I actually defended Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy for not picking up a Vet. Why? There's nobody I want. If someone like Brad Johnson was available, then yes. But there's not.

So, let's hope Aaron stays healthy. I don't want to lose Flynn long term. He may end up turning out better than Brohm. So far, he's looking better than Brohm. We pick up a Vet, we lose Flynn. You don't go into opening day with 4 QBs on your roster and if we stuck him on our PS, I will bet my piggy bank that someone else would make him an offer he can't refuse.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.