Zero2Cool
10 years ago
He didn't have an upper middle class upbringing. Christ, his parents were separated at age thirteen and one was a school administrator and the other was a refrigeration engineer. Neither of which is a high roller. Wait, maybe I just don't have a clue what the hell middle class is, nevermind.

You are right about making it in show business. A lot more to do with right time, right place with the right connections.

Tom Cruise is the Scientology preacher freak, not Will Smith. Check that link and read the articles. Will Smith hasn't pushed those ideals onto anyone and in fact is indifferent as he's maintained his being Christian.

Regardless, the words in the video are profound.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

He didn't have an upper middle class upbringing. Christ, his parents were separated at age thirteen and one was a school administrator and the other was a refrigeration engineer. Neither of which is a high roller. Wait, maybe I just don't have a clue what the hell middle class is, nevermind.

You are right about making it in show business. A lot more to do with right time, right place with the right connections.

Tom Cruise is the Scientology preacher freak, not Will Smith. Check that link and read the articles. Will Smith hasn't pushed those ideals onto anyone and in fact is indifferent as he's maintained his being Christian.

Regardless, the words in the video are profound.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well, at least we have one fragment of agreement hahahaha.

I guess it's the same as with Dakota - there is an undefined and sliding scale of what is and isn't "rich" or whatever. Anyway, I was referring to the show business thing. I didn't want to let that horrible unmentionable p word creep in, but I've heard he is a well known left winger also.

As for the video, the word "psycho-babble" comes to mind. His words are the diametric opposite of the "Dakota Doctrine" that everybody in America is predestined to whatever status they are born into. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but I would guess about 2/3 of the way in Dakota's direction instead of Smith. And hard work has a lot less to do with "movin' on up" ("Jeffersons" allusion) than luck and gaming the system - short cuts, which the video denies or criticizes.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I couldn't careless what political views he has. Why does it come down to barreling topics with this political interjection crap? Political views are just that, views. It does not define them and perhaps in your experience it does. If so, I respect that, but damn, enough already.

Personally, I feel it quite ignorant to dismiss someones words simply based on perceived or acknowledge political standing.

It's a shame something so positive was turned into more political garbage.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I couldn't careless what political views he has. Why does it come down to barreling topics with this political interjection crap? Political views are just that, views. It does not define them and perhaps in your experience it does. If so, I respect that, but damn, enough already.

Personally, I feel it quite ignorant to dismiss someones words simply based on perceived or acknowledge political standing.

It's a shame something so positive was turned into more political garbage.

Because like it or not, his politics and politics in general IS important. As I hope you well know, there are forces which want to CHANGE this country - for the WORST based on everything that is good and normal - to HARM America's position in the world and ultimately mess up the wonderful life we all have. THAT is the essence of politics - either being FOR that shit or being part of trying to PREVENT the sick shit those people are pushing on a wide variety of fronts in our lives.

And the God damned entertainment community - which I hope you know is saturated with a bias in favor of that disgusting anti-American change, is an integral part of the propaganda machine that has been very effective at putting the wrong kind of people in power in this country. Do you actually not see or notice the subtle (sometimes even not so subtle) push toward the whole spectrum of anti-American shit in TV, movies, music, etc.? You guys get all little-old-ladyish about creeping political discussion, but you either deny or ignore or can't see the political crap being foisted on Americans by those pushing their sick CHANGE.

Is this video you are promoting part of that? Arguably not directly, but yes, for sure in the sense that it gives an air of respectability and credibility to one of the agents of that CHANGE shit.

Anybody in show business or sports for that matter who goes against the tide of that shit is literally character assassinated by the God damned media, so I will damn well feel free to speak ill of this disingenuous piece of shit with his little psycho-babbling video.

edit: And look at yourself, focusing on a couple of off-hand words I reluctantly posted, and failing to comment at all on the substance of what is wrong with the damn video - or why you think it isn't wrong. WHO is interjecting politics here anyway?
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
"Because like it or not, his politics and politics in general IS important."

Not in this topic.

I'll give you this. You are better than any woman I've dated at finding something, anything to turn into an argument. I thought this topic was safe from you. I was wrong.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

Not in this topic.

I'll give you this. You are better than any woman I've dated at finding something, anything to turn into an argument. I thought this topic was safe from you. I was wrong.

Kick his ass Zero. He sure worries a lot about me and what I think. Still don't understand how he got away with his infamous Indian assault - which has been deleted. But it is your show, Hoss. I do find it funny in this thread that ole Texas flipped a 180 when Buckeye threw out some facts.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Kick his ass Zero. He sure worries a lot about me and what I think. Still don't understand how he got away with his infamous Indian assault - which has been deleted. But it is your show, Hoss. I do find it funny in this thread that ole Texas flipped a 180 when Buckeye threw out some facts.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I "flipped a 180"? Please explain. I was taking the exact same position from the first to the last post - and by 2/3 to 1/3, I was backing your usual crap over Will Smith's.

I would think you of all people would have something to say about this video, as it goes against what seems to be your primary whine/rant - lack of opportunity for anybody to gain in status in America.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Not in this topic.

You post a controversial piece of crap video, then you don't like it when somebody points out the badness of it? I call that arrogant.

And what exactly is so special about THIS TOPIC? I told you why I thought the video was a bogus piece of crap - politics being the LEAST of the reasons, and instead of defending it, you ran and hid - failing to stoop to "arguing", and YOU basically made the thread about politics, not me - not that political discussion is bad to any thinking person who doesn't have a weird little-old-lady streak to be negative about it.

buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

You post a controversial piece of crap video, then you don't like it when somebody points out the badness of it? I call that arrogant.

And what exactly is so special about THIS TOPIC? I told you why I thought the video was a bogus piece of crap - politics being the LEAST of the reasons, and instead of defending it, you ran and hid - failing to stoop to "arguing", and YOU basically made the thread about politics, not me - not that political discussion is bad to any thinking person who doesn't have a weird little-old-lady streak to be negative about it.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I've been called worse by far better. I'll take it.

Nothing special about it. I ran and hid? Deliberately being obtuse is such an admiring trait!

As I've said before. Will Smith says some good things in the video. It's worth the listen.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.