Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I felt like it was Packers vs Giants in the playoffs and that last second TD to close out the first half did nothing to erase that feeling. It just felt the Buckeyes were the dominant team where 7 point lead felt like 21.

Jared Abbrederis is amazing. Everyone knows he's gonna get thrown to and yet he still catches it. I see him as another Wes Welker type and hope the Patriots don't land his ass.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
I think the Badgers, on the national stage.. proved that even though they are a run first team, that this new coaching staff wants to throw the ball.. and with Stave still a Sophomore, and Gillins and Kafentzis committed already.. not to mention Houston on the roster as well.. that this team will improve at the QB position and will throw the rock more.

Balance. In life it always comes back to it.

I think the team showed it wares under this staff and that they are not far away from throwing their hat in the National Championship picture.. especially with a playoff format (albeit too small yet at the moment) on the horizon.

I think the brightest days for the Badgers are ahead of them yet.. looking at how the Big Ten is being split.. even more so.

I think we improved, even in a tough circumstance, at Head Coach this offseason.. and the recruiting hasn't dropped off.. with the staffs willingness to play freshmen may at the end be improved. It has already improved at the QB position and we are in the mix for some big time receivers in this recruiting cycle.

Disappointed in the outcome.. especially with some of the mistakes, but credit has to be given to the Buckeyes.. and that crowd.. they impacted the game very much so via the noise.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
What we need more of is quality wideouts.

The Badgers pretty much outplayed one of the best teams in the country at their place. If not for the last second heave and the missed field goal, we woulda beat them.

Neither of these teams should lose to anybody the rest of the regular season - which unfortunately, leaves the Badgers out of the championship game. Oh well, Capital One Bowl, here we come.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Buckeyes do have some class. :)

This is a good story, thought I would post it here.

http://deadspin.com/entire-osu-team-lines-up-to-hug-reporter-after-his-daug-1428252946 
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Pack93z
10 years ago

Buckeyes do have some class. :)

This is a good story, thought I would post it here.

http://deadspin.com/entire-osu-team-lines-up-to-hug-reporter-after-his-daug-1428252946 

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I seen that... that was very well done for the Buckeyes.. thanks for sharing the article.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
10 years ago
"Your boy went off"....

Wisconsin senior wide receiver Jared Abbrederis said in this week's NFL.com College Football 24/7 podcast that he's had an "OK" start to the season.

So, 33 receptions for 572 yards (17.3 yards per catch) and four touchdowns through five games is just an "OK" start? And remember -- he's produced those numbers on a run-first team with a new coaching staff and a new quarterback and lacking an established No. 2 (and a No. 3, for that matter) wide receiver.

Abbrederis (6-foot-2, 190 pounds) obviously has high standards for himself, but even he had to be pleased with his performance last week in a 31-24 loss at Ohio State. Abbrederis had the best game of his career -- 10 receptions for 207 yards and a touchdown -- and it came while he was being shadowed by Ohio State's Bradley Roby, considered the best cornerback in the nation by numerous analysts. Abbrederis schooled Roby, to the point that by late in the first half, the Buckeyes were sending safety help Roby's way.

Wisconsin receiver coach Chris Beatty told the Wisconsin State Journal that some NFL scouts that were at the Badgers' football offices Monday were impressed with Abbrederis' performance.

"They were like, 'Hey, your boy went off,' and he did," Beatty told the newspaper. "(The NFL) is long range and I know he's disappointed we didn't win. He wants to win; that's more than the stats or anything like that. At the same time, you're playing against arguably the best corner in the country -- when you have a day like that, it can't hurt (his draft stock)."

nfl.com  wrote:

Have to post a bit of class from the Badgers displayed as well.. and might help on Saturdays when they look different... the patients actually did the shaving/cutting.

MADISON, Wis. -- In an unofficial poll of Wisconsin football players, Badgers linebacker Ethan Armstrong would likely finish second in the voting for best movie-star looks (behind quarterback Joel Stave and his flowing blonde mane, of course). One of the defining characteristics of Armstrong's appearance has been his long hair, which he'd spent more than a year growing out.

On Thursday afternoon in the team locker room, however, Armstrong sacrificed that hair for a good cause. He was among a group of eight players to take part in Wisconsin's "Shave to Save" function to raise awareness and funding for childhood cancer research at the American Family Children's Hospital.

"As soon as they kind of said it's for the kids, it's for a great cause and everything, I just kind of jumped at the chance," Armstrong said. "I knew it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up on."

The other Wisconsin players that volunteered to have their heads shaved Thursday were left guard Ryan Groy, tight end Jacob Pedersen, right guard Kyle Costigan, wide receiver Connor Cummins, wide receiver Chase Hammond, linebacker Conor O'Neill and wide receiver Lance Baretz.

Two more players, defensive end Ethan Hemer and tight end Eric Steffes will have their heads shaved next week.

Patients from the American Family Children's Hospital took part in shaving the players' heads. When it was over, patients and their families enjoyed a pizza party with the Badgers.

Fox Sports  wrote: