Zero2Cool
10 years ago

My wife is a very good football fan, and a diehard Packers fan, and she would freak out hearing you say that. She does not care much for Mason Crosby.

The whole thing is really F'd up. Mike McCarthy owns a huge share of the blame. As the article was written in July 2012, I would say we are trending in the exact same direction if not worse. Figure, too, this is a historic rate that Rodgers/McCarthy and that Packers are losing close games.

JaMarcus Russell was better...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

A lot of people don't compare stats to anything. That's why you get people hating Crosby without any due diligence, plus, last year he sucked. It's the same with Jermichael Finley. Other TE's who fans clamor over actually performed WORSE than he did. This is why I want comparative stats before I go bonkers. I did similar numbers for Rodgers in the fourth quarter back in 2010. I didn't have the time or ambition to find Favre's.

Also, is it the teams record DURING the game, or AFTER the game? After the game seems silly to me as they just snared a win.
UserPostedImage
musccy
10 years ago

I was disappointed in the 4th and inches - instead of going with a sweep or anything to make the defense have to adjust - we see the usual Mike McCarthy "rushing" play call. This "up the middle" boneheaded call caused a fumble circus that costed us the lead.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

You have to gain 3 inches. The shortest path to 3 inches is straight ahead. Mike McCarthy is neither the first, only, nor dumbest coach in the league for trying to go straight ahead to gain 3 inches.

The basic concept seemed to work out alright for Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr in the Ice Bowl.
play2win
10 years ago

A lot of people don't compare stats to anything. That's why you get people hating Crosby without any due diligence, plus, last year he sucked. It's the same with Jermichael Finley. Other TE's who fans clamor over actually performed WORSE than he did. This is why I want comparative stats before I go bonkers. I did similar numbers for Rodgers in the fourth quarter back in 2010. I didn't have the time or ambition to find Favre's.

Also, is it the teams record DURING the game, or AFTER the game? After the game seems silly to me as they just snared a win.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I have no clue. Again. 😆
sschind
10 years ago

Most irritating part of this game - Cinci shot themselves in the foot several times, and rather than making the most of it the pack took the gun from them and shot themselves right back.

I was disappointed in the 4th and inches - instead of going with a sweep or anything to make the defense have to adjust - we see the usual Mike McCarthy "rushing" play call. This "up the middle" boneheaded call caused a fumble circus that costed us the lead.

I could name numerous things that made me shout 4 letter beauties, but I think we can all name the obvious ones.

Let's get healthy and clean these mistakes up!

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

Not saying I don't agree with you about the call but the call did not cause the fumble. If that was the case we would fumble a lot more.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
@jasonjwilde @fakePOULTER Not what he wrote but the close games as topic. #Packers now 21-24 in games decided by 8 or fewer under McCarthy/Rodgers

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
If you look at Comebacks. Take the following into account. Rodgers wins on par with the greats at over 60% total wins. Of his wins only 9% are from comebacks. If you look at some others. Like Elway, Favre, Marino, Peyton, Brady, Montana. They run from the upper teens, to mid 20's. Meaning for some of them almost 25% of their wins are come from behinds.

Now the question comes? Does Rodgers typically haver fewer comeback wins because when he faces a team we should beat, he has us in the lead, rather than trailing. Were those other QB losing to teams they should have been ahead of in the first place?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
PackerTraxx
10 years ago
Early in Rodger's career I remember him bringing the team back in the 4th quarter a number of times only to have the D let the other team score and no time left to try and come back again. Point being sometimes the D has to take the responsibility. What much of it boils down to is we have been really snake bit the last couple of years with season and career ending injuries to key players IMO.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
play2win
10 years ago

Early in Rodger's career I remember him bringing the team back in the 4th quarter a number of times only to have the D let the other team score and no time left to try and come back again. Point being sometimes the D has to take the responsibility. What much of it boils down to is we have been really snake bit the last couple of years with season and career ending injuries to key players IMO.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Exactly the reason this should not be about Rodgers, but rather the Packers during this tenure under McCarthy.
olds70supreme
10 years ago

Exactly the reason this should not be about Rodgers, but rather the Packers during this tenure under McCarthy.

Having read through the topic I was just about to post this, but you said it more succinctly than I was going to. "Rodgers'" statistic for 4th quarter comebacks is a misnomer. How hard is it to understand that one person on any team, regardless of position, does not have the power to determine the win or loss? It is a team game, and it is really a waste of time even determining as a statistic. It's really a measure of how lucky we are to have lucked into Rodgers that the worst statistic people can point to isn't even his to own. QBs own a part of the responsbility for that statistic (good or bad) but that is it.

It's a pet peave of mine that every year people make a huge fuss out of events in the first few games. Like it's life and death that the Pack started 1-2 on the year. At this point nobody can say whether they will go winless, lossless, or somewhere in between for the rest of the year. On top of that the rest of the division hasn't been lighting it up. So much can still happen, it's early. It's okay to take a breath, relax, and enjoy the rest of the season.
blank
play2win
10 years ago
Awesome, brilliant post olds! Well done.

As far as the people responsible for our failed comebacks, that list is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. Better to look to the HC, the man in charge of everyone else, and see if he can't get this righted. I think he can.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.