Zero2Cool
10 years ago

TX I am sorry someone didn't die right there on the playing field ....

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Teen football player dies after hit 

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Teen football player dies after hit 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I was thinking there was a youngster who died but I didn't have time to look it up and since it is TX we are talking about it would have been good enough for him since he didn't play in the NFL and it is only 1 out of all that played and about 100 other excuses.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
10 years ago
fuck this thread
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

TX I am sorry someone didn't die right there on the playing field just to satisfy your morbid desires. haha. Dying at an early age is still dying. A man seriously wounded in battle who lingers for years with the affliction still dies from that injury even if a medic didn't toe tag him on the spot.

Like you I don't not know any of the fact for Aldridge's case. I am saying it is possible playing football (High school, college and NFL along with a bunch of sand lot games) contributed to his illness and his death. The same can be said for many of the other cases. You can not totally and completely state that head trauma did not effect them as much as you would like to believe it is so. Therefore you have to rail on the media brain washing people as your only defense.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Good Grief!!! Defense against what? If idiots want to say what has been happening - and considered fairly NORMAL for a hundred years or so needs to be CHANGED - that word so precious to your kind, I'd say the burden of proof is on you.

And MORBID? I'd say digging until you are blue in the face to find some weird example of death that undoubtedly had a primary cause that was completely unrelated - and even if wasn't, was rarer than getting struck by lightning on a clear day - that qualifies a whole lot more than just enjoying watching Jack Tatum - type hits and wishing the whiners wouldn't get all hyper over them.

And Steve, thank you for finally replying to the key point here. What you said - hell yeah, you'd take the risk for all that money - is consistent with a mentality I would call "NORMAL" - consistent with virtually every NFL - quality football player, along with a hundred million or so of us poor unfortunate regular people who only wish we were athletically gifted enough to have that decision to make. A few of these little old ladies in this forum might be exceptions to that, but a big whatever about them.

As for "shutting down Merriwether", I don't know enough about the guy to either like or hate him. I doubt any in here do. Maybe he is an arch-villain who lives solely for intentionally dealing out career-ending head injuries - yeah right. All I am doing is taking the radical point of view that there should be hard evidence that the act was intended to do harm before "shutting him down" for a game/a season/for life. I mean what if it was Morgan Burnett we were talking about? Bad example? Not a head-hunter? How about Chuck Cecil?

Back to all that morbid digging some of the little old ladies are frantically doing, how many Tatum or Cecil type hits occurred without any ill effects? And how many poor concussed victims went back in the game a few minutes after with nary an ill effect? For every poor unfortunate Jim McMahon or Lionel Aldridge you can cite (and completely ignore the prospect of alternative causes for their conditions), how many Troy Aikmans or Steve Youngs are there who got repeatedly brain-banged, and went on to normal productive lives?

To the lame person/people who doesn't like this thread hahahaha, I will say one thing sort of in agreement: this is a very lame topic. Football - getting out there and banging heads even with no helmets - as kids did in the past, and in many cases still do - when not "supervised" by the wisdom of little old ladies - is a lot more fun than legalistic media-enhanced bullshit .......... but this is a little bit fun between gamedays too hahahaha.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

feck this thread

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Agree gbguy

Another thread turned into insult throwing, political arguing bullshit.

hahaha........that seems to make anything written ok.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
It does no good to try and justify your position by comparing one person's concussion and rehab to someone else's. Not all injuries are equal no matter what kind they are. Not all concussions going to be the same. I had got a concession trying to take out a mountain of a man who was the catcher guarding home plate. After I came to I asked if I was safe or not. I wasn't even close. Face down in the dirt when they came out and picked me up and took me back to the bench. I was pretty foggy for the next hour or so but had no signs of problems the next day. My brother ended up in the hospital when he got one playing HS football. he was inactive for a solid week and had to be cleared by the doctor before he could go back to practice.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

Agree gbguy

Another thread turned into insult throwing, political arguing bullsh!t.

hahaha........that seems to make anything written ok.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Pretty typical thing to happen to threads once Texas gets involved.

DakotaT
10 years ago

Pretty typical thing to happen to threads once Texas gets involved.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Not "Mr. Reasonable"! Surely you must be wrong, Dodd. [grin1]

I'm as guilty as Numbnuts, so you can throw some of that my way too Dodd.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

Not "Mr. Reasonable"! Surely you must be wrong, Dodd. [grin1]

I'm as guilty as Numbnuts, so you can throw some of that my way too Dodd.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

OK, here . . . catch. I'm throwing some shit your way. Baaaaaastard.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.