coltonja
10 years ago
This was awesome, macbob! Thanks for sharing.

It made me really excited thinking about going there with my dad for the Lions game on Oct 6.

Couple questions- when did you take the tour? Is it open Saturday? Is the HoF open then too? Last one- do you have to call and schedule in advance?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
gbguy20
10 years ago

Ahhh that looks like so much fun. I have to visit there sometime. I might get tickets for the Giants-Packers game, but it just won't be the same...

Originally Posted by: John252 

The Giants always seem to beat us...I'd choose a different game.
GermanGilbert
10 years ago

Couple questions- when did you take the tour? Is it open Saturday? Is the HoF open then too? Last one- do you have to call and schedule in advance?

Originally Posted by: coltonja 

Yes, tours are on Saturday as well, well, not "as well", because Gameday Saturday is for sure the day with the most tour bookings all year. You don't have to call before, you can just book your tour at the counter in the Atrium, however, on Gameday Saturday your tour will not start immediately (e.g. within 30 minutes), you'll have to wait a couple of time. Of course you can leave and come back, you'll get the start time of your tour when you're booking it. HoF is opened as well and it doesn't take that long to wait.

But that's just my experience from the past, I don't know how it is this season, especially with the movement of the areas (Curly's Pub, Pro Shop, HoF) this year. But enjoy this trip, it'll be just awesome.
blank
macbob
10 years ago

This was awesome, macbob! Thanks for sharing.

It made me really excited thinking about going there with my dad for the Lions game on Oct 6.

Originally Posted by: coltonja 

We took the tour Saturday. They don't do tours on game day. And they don't take reservations/calls. It's first-come/first-served. They start selling tickets at 0730 on Saturdays before game-day, but you can choose whatever time you want to take the tour (as long as a time isn't already booked up).

They have two different tours: a 60 min Stadium Tour and a 90 min Legendary Tour. There are fewer Legendary Tours, and they sell out quicker, so if you want one of those you need to show up in the first couple of hours. We got there around 0930, and the Legendary Tour times were booked up until 530pm already. We signed up, then went sight seeing and came back in the afternoon and did the Hall of Fame and took the tour.

The 60 min tours are more frequent, but you still don't want to wait until the afternoon to sign up. When we went back in the afternoon a father was walking in the Atrium with a little boy and was explaining to him they weren't able to sign up for a tour. :(

Here's the link we used in getting info on the Stadium Tours .

The tour schedule for 5 Oct tours is already published:

Saturday, Oct. 5: 8:00, 8:15, 8:30, 8:45, 9:00, 9:15, 9:30, 9:45, 10:00, 10:15, 10:30, 10:45, 11:00, 11:15, 11:30, 11:45, 12:00, 12:15, 12:30, 12:45, 1:15, 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:45, 3:15, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00, 5:15, 5:30, 5:45, 6:00, 6:15, 6:30, 6:45, 7:00

Packers.com wrote:

As you can see, lots of times. They don't post the schedule for Legendary Tours, and don't really let you know they have them until you get to the ticket counter.

Packers.com has a page with GameDay information  on it that provided a lot of good info: autograph signings (Frank Winters and Jim Flanigan Jr this past weekend), giveaways, contests/promotions, etc.

I hope you and your Dad enjoy the Detroit game as much as my son and I enjoyed the Redskins game.

edit: The best information (other than from Packers.com) came from PackersHome. Here's some of the links we used in advance to plan our trip. Ironman's posts were very helpful.

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst2862_I-am-going-to-my-1st-Green-Bay-Packers-game-EVER.aspx#post21569 

http://thehatefulnerd.livejournal.com/13984.html 

After the game, the spots that attracted the biggest crowds were the Stadium Parking lot; Andruzzi's; and Stadium View. Brett Favre's Steakhouse had a lot of porta-pottys out front, but did not seem to have a crowd at all. We went to Titletown brewery where it was quieter (in part because they had a large group of Deaf fans who congregated there--lots of sign language, not so much noise).
UserPostedImage
10 years ago

Ahhh that looks like so much fun. I have to visit there sometime. I might get tickets for the Giants-Packers game, but it just won't be the same...

Originally Posted by: John252 

This year? I am going to that game
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
Great stuff macbob! Really happy for you and your son. What an awesome experience to share with him. And, you brought home a winner!
John252
10 years ago

The Giants always seem to beat us...I'd choose a different game.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

More of a convenience thing - It's the closest game to where I live, plus we have friends in the area.

As for always seeming to lose, I'll be wearing my lucky hat, so we'll be good.
UserPostedImage
azrunning
9 years ago
I'm planning on taking my son to a couple training camp practices and since I have never been, could use any sort of tips that you guys can give me. Parking, arriving early, seating, etc.

Thanks for the help!
blank
The_Green_Ninja
9 years ago
Hello all! We get these alot but I'm procrastinating my college studying in order to type this. It's been asked like a MILLION times but I need advice. I'm thinking of next season going on a trip to Lamebeau with this chick who is a huge Packers fan too (she has a boyfriend for now but I'm totally bird-dogging that. Hope she isn't on this site) and she is in Memphis too! Crazy right? Anyway I need to know a few things.

1. You can't stay in Green Bay because you are a poor, middle-class college student who makes his own fun money. Which city should you stay in?

2. Where is the best place to get tickets... just stubhub? Or any of you want to help the cause of this crazy kid?

3. Where are, like, the social areas for Packers fans? Where are the places to go... that only the locals know?

I'll bump this thread up as needed as the year goes on. Thanks guys!
UserPostedImage
coltonja
9 years ago
That's awesome man! I went with my dad (I'm a recent college grad, who is also very poor) last year. It's a blast- you're gonna love it.

Some of the more seasoned crowd could offer some better advice, but here are a couple of things:

Go on the Hall of Fame Tour+Stadium Tour, if you can. I think it is like $20 and is absolutely worth it. You get to go on the field! These take place all day Saturday the day before gameday. Be sure to get your tickets early though.

I also recommend hitting up Curly's restaurant in the stadium at some point.

My dad and I stayed about an hour ish south of Green Bay, although I can't recall the town's name. So, it should comfort you to know there are places available. I think WPR and some others could give good advice on where to stay.

Packers fans are everywhere, but my dad and I got to the stadium two hours early and stood alongside the fence that bordered the player's entrance to the locker room. It was so easy to see them- and only around 30 other fans stood with us. But the players were approximately 25 yards away. Really cool too see 'em up close like that.

Lastly- parking. Do NOT pay for it. Park in the neighborhood that is across from the stadium. Drive through it until you see street parking- there is a ton of it available and free. Really easy way to save a buck, and it is still convenient. My dad and I walked no more than a half mile to get there.

Hope some of that helps. I know it didn't answer everything. You will have a blast, man! Soak it up!!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!