Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:06:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,950
Applause Received: 2,166

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
If tables were turned and that was Rodgers getting smacked OOB like that by any LB, we would be up in arms too. No big thing, but Harbaugh is a giant drama queen.

Thing is, this isn't FANS acting stupid, it is a NFL Head Coach who is whining even after they won the game and exaggerating what happened and trying to label a high quality player as dirty.

I get it, you don't want to be labeled as Green/Gold glasses, but you're overcompensating is actually worse.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/10/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:18:53 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Thing is, this isn't FANS acting stupid, it is a NFL Head Coach who is whining even after they won the game and exaggerating what happened and trying to label a high quality player as dirty.

I get it, you don't want to be labeled as Green/Gold glasses, but you're overcompensating is actually worse.

Aw, c'mon man! Has nothing to do with that.

It was a kind of stupid play by Matthews. No? He could have let up after launching himself. He knew where he was on the field, OOB. No?

Was it a great play by Matthews? No. Was it close? Yes. Was it too close to call? No.

I guess in saying that I am out of line....
DarkaneRules on 9/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:45:17 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 25
Applause Received: 74

Garbage like this from a coach is why I continue to distance my emotional self from pro sports. The fact that we as fans enable these "grown men" to continue to act like they are in high school/college has really turned me off from the sport. Just be a professional, talk about how your team won the game, how they made more plays and move on.
On top of every beard grows a man.
thanks Post received 4 applause.
play2win on 9/10/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 9/10/2013(UTC), Wade on 9/10/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 9/10/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:28:09 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

If tables were turned and that was Rodgers getting smacked OOB like that by any LB, we would be up in arms too. No big thing, but Harbaugh is a giant drama queen.

That's the absolute truth but isn't that the mantra of so many fans? When we do it its OK but when they do it its a crime. Same thing can be said for the officiating.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:32:28 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

There are a lot of fans saying the exact same kind of crap Harbaugh is saying and those exact same fans would sing a different tune if the play was reversed.

I just hope we never get to see how Mike McCarthy would react if the shoe was on the other foot.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Wade  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:48:00 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 694

I don't mind the coach who occasionally gets upset. One of the reasons I will always admire Mike Sherman is that he got in Warren Sapp's face after a certain cheap shot.

I wouldn't have been bothered if Harbaugh had got in Matthews face.

Heck, I admired Bobby Knight as a basketball coach.

But that's not Harbaugh. Harbaugh acts like a spoiled kid who throws a tantrum whenever he doesn't get what he wants.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DoddPower on 9/11/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:02:18 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
There are a lot of fans saying the exact same kind of crap Harbaugh is saying and those exact same fans would sing a different tune if the play was reversed.

I just hope we never get to see how Mike McCarthy would react if the shoe was on the other foot.

Rodgers has been late hit out of bounds plenty of times without McCarthy throwing a hissy fit. Heck that helmet to helmet shot Peppers put on Rodgers in the NFC Championship was worse and more dangerous than Clays hit on Kaepernick.
Offline Dulak  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:34:05 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 100

Aw, c'mon man! Has nothing to do with that.

It was a kind of stupid play by Matthews. No? He could have let up after launching himself. He knew where he was on the field, OOB. No?

Was it a great play by Matthews? No. Was it close? Yes. Was it too close to call? No.

I guess in saying that I am out of line....

The guy was probably so hyped in stopping kapernick that ya sure he prob regrets the clothesline but it happens. The dude has been thinking about this game for what 8 months? - better then I can say about some of our players. You can see it on the field.

Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:16:41 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
The guy was probably so hyped in stopping kapernick that ya sure he prob regrets the clothesline but it happens. The dude has been thinking about this game for what 8 months? - better then I can say about some of our players. You can see it on the field.

For the last time folks IT WAS NOT A CLOTHESLINE!!!! His arm started across his chest and slid up as they fell to the ground. If it had been a clothesline kapernick would have ended up flipped asses over elbows which would have made for a more dramatic hit.

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:22:12 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

This is a CLOTHESLINE!!!!!
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 9/11/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 9/11/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:11:55 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 328
Applause Received: 443

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
This is a CLOTHESLINE!!!!!

Classic!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DarkaneRules  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:08:13 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

When I heard this quote in context I actually started liking their coach a little more not less. Okay I know it sounds crazy but if I am a 49er fan I am loving my coach right now. I think it is pretty much other fans right now being a bit jealous of what they got going on over in the bay area and that is okay. Really it is. At the end of the day, right now they are better as a team and a coaching staff. What's cool though is even with two turnovers, we still had a chance to beat them. That is pretty bad ass actually. I just think they are the best team in the NFL right now. I think we all kind of want that coach that speaks the language of the players. If you guys listen to SoundFX on nfl network Clay Matthews sound like a total prick. But he is on OUR team so we love him. So I totally get the hate for Harbaugh right now but trust me, if you were a 49er fan you would be eating this shit up right now.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Rss Feed