TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago
Philly has been trying to do this with Michael Vick as well. It is bullshit. You can not fake like you are running and not expect to be clbbered when you then decide to pull-up and throw. It doesn't work that way. If a punter decides to do this is he protected as well. Let's remove the discretion from the game not add to the grey areas that give the refs more challenges to get it right.
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
I got very angry when I read this. I would rather just not pay attention to him. Like the coach in Seattle, this is a guy who annoys the crap out of me. I respect him as a coach more than the other guy Pete, but at the same time, I just think he's a prick.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Been of that viewpoint for 25 years... since the high school days of the bullsh!t red "don't touch me" jerseys... pansy asses anyways.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I always enjoy reading your "viepoints", Makes me laugh, because they are so true!!!

Someone else mentioned it earlier, if a Packer player or 2 happen to get a "flag" for a so called roughing the passre, so be it.

I'm not talking about cheap shots, but as we saw in preseason, one of The Packers lbr's(?) made what Mike called an absolute textbook hit on the QB and he got flagged.

Take your shots boys, Harbaugh can cry all he wants, I for one am tired of hearing about 'The New" NFL QB.

RGIII has probably already taken a few years off his career, let's see if him and his coach learned anything from last year.

This new"pistol" offense will become a thing of the past when the owners have to start paying their franchise QB's while they are standing on the sidelines rehabbing or are put on IR.

Money talks boys and girls, won't take much.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackerTraxx
10 years ago
Harbaugh is lucky I'm not a ref...I very much dislike whinny crybabies...he would never get the benefit of the doubt. Every coach works the ref, constantly whining and trying to set your own rules is overboard.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
I'm not concerned about what Harbaugh says or does. If he wants to act and look like a camel with plugged-up bowels when he's on the sideline, let him.

That said, I have to I say that I hope that the Packers approach is more about keeping Kaepernick from getting TO the open field and less about how hard to hit him once he's got there.

Better tackling form is something the Packers need to stress across the board on defense, but ISTM once you let someone like Kaepernick out of traffic, you've already seriously limited even the best tackler from stopping him.

Keep him from getting to the line of scrimmage, and you don't have to worry about what he can do past it. Keep him from finding a hole or getting outside, and you don't have to worry about what he would do if he does.

IMO.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Yerko
10 years ago
First, I am gad to see that the Packers are taking the route they are taking by wanting to test the rules of the NFL, instead of screwing up and later blaming the rules for their poor performance.

Second, I am so tired of the bullshit protection any quarterback in the league gets and to even have a conversation of furthering the protection for a scrambling/pistol/read-option/whatever the hell they are calling them quarterback is ridiculous. Take the quarterback off the pedestal and put him on a level playing ground of every other player on the field.
If the league gives a read-option quarterback more protection, it just creates a giant mess. Like the article states, the read-option offense is about deception. If you are allowing one player of that read-option to be untouchable, the defense is screwed.

Third and lastly, please stfu Harbaugh. The season hasn't even started yet and you are stomping your feet and crying about something. If you don't like the rules, change your offensive scheme you dillweed.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
10 years ago
Let the whining begin for Jim horrible nicknamed after his qb play
jimmy b.
gbguy20
10 years ago
All I am worried about is that we actually touch him this game. Last year he ran all over us nearly untouched. We need to hit him behind the LOS, not 20 yards later.
Bigbyfan
10 years ago
If I was Dom Capers, I would take a 15 yard penalty early in the game just to send a message. Have Clay Matthews drive Kap's candy ass into the ground and let him have a little something extra to think about for the rest of the game,
blank
Pack93z
10 years ago
The NFL's Reply..

NFL confirms: Read-option QBs can be hit like runners 

=d>

Players on the Packers have been talking about hitting 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh is not happy about that. But the NFL has some bad news for Harbaugh: Taking hits comes with the territory of being a read-option quarterback.

In an officiating video distributed to the media, NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino says that read-option quarterbacks can be hit like runners, even if they don’t have the ball. If a quarterback who handed off or pitched the ball is still carrying out a fake in a running posture, he can be tackled the same way he would be if he still had the ball.

“He is still treated as a runner until he is clearly out of the play,” Blandino said. “The quarterback makes the pitch, he’s still a runner — he can be hit like a runner until he’s clearly out of the play.”

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.