Trippster
15 years ago
Last night I was at the HarleyFest and started talking with someone who has intimate knowledge of the situation. I can't say who it is but anyone who listens or watches the packer games knows this person.

He knows (off the record) McCarthy, Favre, and Thompson very well.

When Favre retired in March, Thompson told him then that under no circumstances will he be accepted back. The whole we want you back and will bring you back that happened at the end of March wasn't accurate. Thompson has never waivered on not bringing him back. He wanted hm back up until the retirement announcement.

McCarthy has always wanted him back However he was under strict oders from his boss that under no cicumstances could he come back.

The meeting between Favre and McCarthy was to try and figure a way to bring him back. Finally, Thompson came into the room and said, that's it. no more talking, he is not coming back here. McCarthy was not allowed to come out of that meeting with Favre coming back.

I have always said, and from very personal experience in sports, that what you read and hear in the media is seldom what actually happens.

Thompson was simply tired of Favre waffling the last few years and once he was able to make a clean break, that is what he was going to do.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
This is not accurate, this is speculation.

Tripp, sorry, I don't mean to knock you or your source, but this is not accurate.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

Tripp, sorry, I don't mean to knock you or your source, but this is not accurate.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Zero.. really how does one know for sure on this whole deal? Because a newspaper says so? They get their information from team sources and what not.. they report what they hear.

I am not saying this account is completely accurate either, but unless we were in a room listening to the conversations first hand.. it isn't known what truly happened.

Sorry I don't have blind faith in the press in this country.. they are just another human being communicating information as they hear it and interpret it..

I know this will kick off another research your facts speech.. but I have personally read as much as a single person could on this whole deal with all the misinformation and whatnot.. but like the rest of the free whole minus about 5 people.. all this is speculation, rumor and passed on information. The 5 people that truly know.. Brett, Buss, Deanna, Mike and Ted... the rest may know shaded versions.. but they were not in the direct conversations so it is all interpreted speculation.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Zero.. really how does one know for sure on this whole deal? Because a newspaper says so? They get their information from team sources and what not.. they report what they hear.

I am not saying this account is completely accurate either, but unless we were in a room listening to the conversations first hand.. it isn't known what truly happened.

Sorry I don't have blind faith in the press in this country.. they are just another human being communicating information as they hear it and interpret it..

I know this will kick off another research your facts speech.. but I have personally read as much as a single person could on this whole deal with all the misinformation and whatnot.. but like the rest of the free whole minus about 5 people.. all this is speculation, rumor and passed on information. The 5 people that truly know.. Brett, Buss, Deanna, Mike and Ted... the rest may know shaded versions.. but they were not in the direct conversations so it is all interpreted speculation.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

First and foremost I take great offense to any assumption that I trust any newspaper or the like, at all. Consider that I've been proving them inaccurate and untrustworthy for years now. I know how they get their information and how they also throw their own bias twist on their write ups. I would like them to have more responsibility, but hey, they are trying to make a living and as long as the readers know the difference between fact and opinion. Not a big problem in my eyes. However, if a writer inks something as fact based on their perception of a situation, I will blast the horse urine out of them for it publicly.

There is no possible way this 'scoop' is accurate. Because it simply does not interpret the discussion in its fullness. You can not take a snipet of something and take that for face value. If you do, you will consistently be in error. Why? Because you need the entire story. That is why I only base my opinions off what I hear from the horses mouth. Keep in mind, GM's, HC's, Players and Agents all tell their own twist of the story. With that said, you can, if you pay attention, read some truths from their words. I've already documented several of Brett's mistruths in this ordeal.

I don't remember if I ever had faith in the press in this country or any country for that matter. I form MY opinions from my OWN research. I will not committ to another several days of researching and documenting for others to simply toss it aside. I've done that in the past and my record speaks for itself. I speak on facts when available otherwise I state it as speculation, rumor, opinion, etc.

You say five people truly know. I'm not saying Brett lies to his wife, but I'm more apt to narrow the only three people who know the truth are Brett, Mike and Ted.

This thread's initial post indicate this was an inside scoop which to some means "Fact". I simply am saying this is speculation, this is not accurate. This is not factual. I am in no way saying I know more than the next guy, but like yourself. I watch every press conference, read every transcript and read every article about the Packers I can find. I form my opinions on quotes from the source, the source meaning, the subject, the individual.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Last night I was at the HarleyFest and started talking with someone who has intimate knowledge of the situation. I can't say who it is but anyone who listens or watches the packer games knows this person.

He knows (off the record) McCarthy, Favre, and Thompson very well.

When Favre retired in March, Thompson told him then that under no circumstances will he be accepted back. The whole we want you back and will bring you back that happened at the end of March wasn't accurate. Thompson has never waivered on not bringing him back. He wanted hm back up until the retirement announcement.

McCarthy has always wanted him back However he was under strict oders from his boss that under no cicumstances could he come back.

The meeting between Favre and McCarthy was to try and figure a way to bring him back. Finally, Thompson came into the room and said, that's it. no more talking, he is not coming back here. McCarthy was not allowed to come out of that meeting with Favre coming back.

I have always said, and from very personal experience in sports, that what you read and hear in the media is seldom what actually happens.

Thompson was simply tired of Favre waffling the last few years and once he was able to make a clean break, that is what he was going to do.

"Trippster" wrote:

Let's say this information has backbone. This is where I feel it was derived from, based on all the information I have observed and collected through my own personal research.

I believe that Thompson did tell Brett something to the affect "Brett, if you retire, that's it man, theres no coming back, are you sure you want to retire?" I have a difficult time beleiving that Ted would say it in a tone of a threatening manner when he (as everyone else) knows the Packers chances of winning a Super Bowl in 2008 are better under Favre than Rodgers. I'd lean that itwas more to convince Brett to return for another year rather than the wrongfully popular belief that it was to force him to retire.

The un-retirement deal in March, the end of March that is. I feel that was a miscommunication of some sort. I think the Packers took soem of Brett's comments out of context and ran with it. There probably was more communication between say, James Campen and others that informed Brett onto the Packers thinking he was changing his mind so Brett respectfully contacted the Packers to advise them un-retirement was not in the near future.

The notion that Ted wanted a clean break from the waffling is not something to discredit, even players have said it was getting old and tiresome. Players like knowing who their QB is going to be going into the season. That's why many teams try to avoid the QB by competition. It's always best to know your leader and built a rapport with them.

One thing I have a difficult time agreeing with. McCarthy wanted Brett back. I know coaches tend to not tell all the truth, but McCarthy said the Packers were a better team with Brett, true. He also said that Brett was not in the right state of mind to be the QB of the Packers. This is from my own research and opinion, but, I truly believe it was McCarthy who made the decision that the Packers would be better served with Rodgers at QB than Favre under his current state of mind.

Regarding the speculation that McCarthy was not allowed to come out of the meeting with Brett returning. Does this not wreak of stupidity? Why waste the time? Why waste the energy? Why let the fans get their hopes up? If that was the truth, it was extremely stupid on the Packers part. It got the fans hopes up, it got the media kicking things up a gear and it took valuable time from the head coach and his evaluation of his team... for what? To waste Brett's time and everyone elses?

I agree with the statement that what we hear and read from the media is seldom what actually happens. No question about that one. I think I've supported many proofs of that.

edit, another thing I'd like to add to this. Notice how many people still hate Ted Thompson even though his PEERS respect him as the best executive of the year 2008 and he's turned the packers team around in the right direction? Ask yourself, why do so many hate Ted Thompson? I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with Brett Favre.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago
Zero,

The source spoke this to me regarding conversations HE had with Brett, MM, and TT. What possible research can you provide that is closer other than having a conversation with those three? What each of them say in public is mostly nothing more than PR.

Why would the packers go through the meeting? Mike McCarthy wanted Favre back. Ted Thompson did not. Mike McCarthy wanted to meet with BF. Ted Thompson said, go ahead, but don't make any deal. He's not coming back. That is how.

I don't hate TT. This is not a Ted Thompson bash. He was/is simply fed up with BF's waffling. That is why it was how it was. There is no other reason why he wouldn't bring BF back.

You can not get any closer than talking directly with those three.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Trippster
15 years ago
P.S. we need a BF head. 🙂
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Zero,

The source spoke this to me regarding conversations HE had with Brett, MM, and TT. What possible research can you provide that is closer other than having a conversation with those three? What each of them say in public is mostly nothing more than PR.

Why would the packers go through the meeting? Mike McCarthy wanted Favre back. Ted Thompson did not. Mike McCarthy wanted to meet with BF. Ted Thompson said, go ahead, but don't make any deal. He's not coming back. That is how.

I don't hate TT. This is not aTed Thompsonbash. He was/is simply fed up with BF's waffling. That is why it was how it was. There is no other reason why he wouldn't bring BF back.

"Trippster" wrote:

Sorry, if I don't see it or hear it for myself, I am not naive enough to believe it. Not on a sensitive subject like this. Although I suspect I know the source, but I wasn't there so I do not know.

I am glad the Packers and Brett have moved forward from this, I can't wait until we collectively follow suit.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

P.S. we need a BF head. :)

"Trippster" wrote:

heh ... I have a few of them in the works already 😉

Too many ideas, not enough time 😞
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago

Zero,

I don't hate TT. This is not aTed Thompsonbash. He was/is simply fed up with BF's waffling. That is why it was how it was. There is no other reason why he wouldn't bring BF back.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Sorry, if I don't see it or hear it for myself, I am not naive enough to believe it. Not on a sensitive subject like this. Although I suspect I know the source, but I wasn't there so I do not know.

I am glad the Packers and Brett have moved forward from this, I can't wait until we collectively follow suit.

"Trippster" wrote:

I have moved on, just thought the conversation was interesting. nice person too. I spent about 25 min. with them. took a pic of them with an extrememe hottie on their bike.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.