wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Agree ... did we just get the best back in the draft? ...

cant remember the last time we did that ... really like this guy too; nice lower body strength; and runs forward like starks did in our SB run. I'd really like to have the option to run instead of using it just to 'keep' defenses honest.

seriously; one of our biggest needs is a decent back ... in case you guys forgot last year what a cluster ... that was ... I mean if benson would of been ok then hey we might of had a run game ... btw we keeping cedrick?

... back to lacy (liked this guys lateral moves; not like one of our backs that we've had in our recent past).

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

they won't re sign ceddy now. no need.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
A Bama angle on Lacy..

Alabama Football 2012: Get to Know Tide Running Back Eddie Lacy  

BY JOHN ROE (CONTRIBUTOR) ON APRIL 18, 2012

Eddie Lacy projects to be Alabama’s starting tailback for the 2012 campaign, a monumental task considering he is following in the footsteps of two first-round draft picks that made the trip to New York for the Heisman presentation in Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. In addition to being great backs, Ingram and Richardson also made headlines with numerous personal storylines including Ingram’s incarcerated ex-NFL father and Richardson’s two young daughters.

As it stands now, most people really don’t know a lot about the Tide’s new starter. Sure, they know he likes to use a spin move and has a very annoying big toe, but outside of Bryant Denny on Saturday afternoons he remains much of a mystery to the Crimson faithful.

So let’s get to know Eddie Lacy a bit shall we.

Lacy spent a large part of his childhood just outside of New Orleans in Gretna. Unfortunately, Lacy and his mother Wanda were displaced from their home by Hurricane Katrina and had to move away from the storm ravaged city.

The family wound up in Geismar, Louisiana near the southeastern corner of the state where he played for the 5A Dutchtown High School Griffins and Coach Benny Saia. Dutchtown is a large high school with a student body approaching 2,500.

In Lacy’s junior year, he was first team all state rushing for 1800 yards and 27 touchdowns. He followed that up with an injury filled senior season, but still managed to top 1,000 yards rushing and score 17 touchdowns.

The injuries in his final year at Dutchtown impacted his ratings with recruiting services as the analysts basically just didn’t have the chance to see him play as often higher profile recruits like Bryce Brown and Christine Michael (both prime examples of 5-star busts), likely the reason that Bama was able to handcuff the 4-star Lacy in the same recruiting class as Trent Richardson despite offers from many top tier programs including in state LSU.

Coach Nick Saban and his staff had concerns about Lacy’s academic eligibility at the time of his commitment and the young running back had to attend summer school to meet NCAA clearinghouse requirements before being able to enroll at the Capstone in the fall of 2009.

After redshirting in 2009, Lacy worked his way to third on the depth chart behind returning Heisman winner Mark Ingram and his very capable back up Trent Richardson.

Playing primarily in mop up duty, Lacy managed to gain over 400 yards and score six touchdowns in helping the Tide to a 10-3 record and a Capital One Bowl spanking of co-Big Ten champs Michigan State.

In Lacy’s sophomore season he was given a much more meaningful role as Richardson’s primary back up. He produced a solid season of 631 yards and seven touchdowns despite fighting a nagging turf toe injury all season. Ball security concerns from his freshman season seemed to no longer be a factor as he did not lose a fumble on the season.

Unfortunately, the junior had to miss all of spring practice after undergoing surgery to hopefully correct the most famous toe in Alabama, but nevertheless the starting gig appears to be firmly in his grasp.

This I love.. kind of disputes some of the lack of passion comments on him..

No troubles with the law. No collegiate academic probation. No. 42 just does his work and comes ready to perform on Saturdays.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
10 years ago

Agree ... did we just get the best back in the draft? ...

cant remember the last time we did that ... really like this guy too; nice lower body strength; and runs forward like starks did in our SB run. I'd really like to have the option to run instead of using it just to 'keep' defenses honest.

seriously; one of our biggest needs is a decent back ... in case you guys forgot last year what a cluster ... that was ... I mean if benson would of been ok then hey we might of had a run game ... btw we keeping cedrick?

... back to lacy (liked this guys lateral moves; not like one of our backs that we've had in our recent past).

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Yeah, wild draft for us at RB with both Lacy and Franklin. I do think we keep Ced around. The players, especially Rodgers, and the staff seemed to really like his presence last season, and he can help to show these two new players the way, unlike Starks and Green, neither of whom could stay healthy. Cedric Benson is a back who really knows how to run in the NFL. That much was apparent in the little we got to see of him last season. I think he sticks.
Pack93z
10 years ago
Maybe Lacy will develop into a Kuhn type role for the Packers.. him and Franklin/Harris would pose some issues for a defense... especially if the can establish the run. Misdirection forcing a defense to commit one way of another.. hmmmm.

This would keep his touches down and give us another element on the ground.. he can block and has done well in the screen aspect..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Maybe Lacy will develop into a Kuhn type role for the Packers.. him and Franklin/Harris would pose some issues for a defense... especially if the can establish the run. Misdirection forcing a defense to commit one way of another.. hmmmm.

This would keep his touches down and give us another element on the ground.. he can block and has done well in the screen aspect..

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I'd like them to use maybe more 2 back sets with Lacy/Franklin on the left and Harris on the right. I bet they could come up some really creative things with that formation.

Lacy will be in more goaline sets than any of them. And I-formations if we decide to keep Kuhn or keep several Blocking TEs.

So much flexibility.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Its only one scrimmage and maybe the run defense is lacking, but maybe I was wr....not right in my Lacy prediction.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Its only one scrimmage and maybe the run defense is lacking, but maybe I was wr....not right in my Lacy prediction.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I was thinking you may be wr... not exactly right in your assessment but that you wouldn't mind it if you were very very very wr.. not exactly right.
UserPostedImage
SINCITYCHEEZE
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Did it sound something like this?

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.