DarkaneRules
10 years ago
- Who is Sam Barrington?

With Brad Jones and Jamari Lattimore currently battling injury and illness respectively, Barrington will have his chances with the ones again on Family Night. I am sure no one on the team has forgotten his willingness to make hits. Let’s see how the rookie performs in live action once everyone has been given the green light to make plays.

- What’s up with Jordy Nelson?

More specifically his legs. Nelson is currently nursing a sore knee and has been battling issues with his legs for time now. How much will this lingering issue affect his availability during the season? Who is that next guy down the line that steps up in the absence of any of our top receivers? Perhaps it is Jeremy Ross.

- How will the backup offensive line perform?

There have been snap issues. There has been inconsistency. There is currently little information to suggest who will be the 3 backups to our first team players. If we can be sure about anything, it is that there will be plenty of guys moving around in different positions fighting for spots. That is what coach likes to do and he has rarely, if ever, wavered from that. Newhouse will most certainly be fighting for his starting spot all camp.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
slowly the issues begin to sort themselves out and the fans get to learn some of the real stories.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
I know I don't speak just for myself when I say that I am just ready to watch a game! Hope there is a family night stream.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I know I don't speak just for myself when I say that I am just ready to watch a game! Hope there is a family night stream.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

here's to the nite not being cut short by weather for the 3rd straight year.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

Who is Sam Barrington?

7th round rookie this year. Sort of a Bishop Jr. but remember the Bishop took years to get on the field... my comparsion of the two is just as draft picks coming into the NFL. Bishop was stronger but Barrington is more athletic (going by their proday numbers). Both LOVE to hit hard as they can when given the chance, Barrington while in college, made a number of hits that would get the yellow flags going on the NFL level with these new hit rules.

He lit up... I think it was WR Ross on a short slant over the middle, Barrington drilled him which pissed off Mike McCarthy because the hit was too hard (in Mike McCarthy mind) for practice. As Mike McCarthy doesn't want anyone injured. But as some in the media pointed out, Mike McCarthy played bad cop, while the ILB coach came over and played good cop.

Watching college video of Barrington on youtube highlights was interesting, because he looked like he got to the prefect position, then the offense players would make a move and lose him, getting him out of position but still somehow he'd make the tackle out of good position. It some ways it was like (but totally different) watching Woodson some how make tackles while out of position. Their styles of how they did, were very different, but it was interesting.

What’s up with Jordy Nelson?

Sounds like he either reinjured his knee injury from last year, or it never fully healed. Not sure which. I read he played through it at times last year. We'll just see how healthy he is as time goes along.

How will the backup offensive line perform?

There have been snap issues. There has been inconsistency. There is currently little information to suggest who will be the 3 backups to our first team players. If we can be sure about anything, it is that there will be plenty of guys moving around in different positions fighting for spots. That is what coach likes to do and he has rarely, if ever, wavered from that. Newhouse will most certainly be fighting for his starting spot all camp.

I could be wrong about this but I'm thinking the top 3 back-ups are Barclay, Bakhtiari, Von Roten

Barclay is said to be competing for the RT starting job, but the Packers are forcing him to work at Center a lot as well (though he's fumbling some). Also I'm wondering if they might be taking some of his focus off RT and they're happy with Newhouse there, more than fans think.

Von Roten beefed up to 315lbs, and sounds like he and Barclay are battling out for the back-up Center spot. Sounds like the coaches are trying to get Barclay ready there, and maybe only go with 7 OL during game day. But Von Roten might be the starting Center if something happens to D-Smith (in my mind... I got no proof of that, Mike McCarthy did say Lang could play center, and I think RG would be a prefect spot for Barclay).

Bakhtiari is the top OL draft pick, and it's said he did well against Matthews in pass rush drills... unless Sherrod comes back and looks better, or injuries happen, I don't know why Bakhtiari wouldn't be a top 3 back-up (as of now) as he can might be able to play LT and Barclay might be able to play the rest (if not Von Roten can play Center).

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.