DoddPower
10 years ago
Well, at least Jennings doesn't have to worry about his new QB constantly hearing how great he is.

Honestly, I wish he would just shut up. What exactly is his purpose? I just don't see the point in airing stuff like this out. It's only going to increase the number of personal questions asked 10-fold. Any objective person knows that Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, far from it. So is Greg Jennings. I'll never forget how often he would whine to the refs. There's not a single player in the NFL or person that is perfect. They all have flaws, and are going to rub some people the wrong way. I really don't see the point in bringing all that to the media, unless the player just feeds off the attention. I don't expect the Vikings to be winning a whole lot, so perhaps that kind of attention is all Greg will get now.

Either way, just shut up Greg. If you have some issue with Aaron Rodgers, be a man and talk to him about it. We don't need to hear your guy's dirty laundry. He sounds like a cry-baby.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Well, at least Jennings doesn't have to worry about his new QB constantly hearing how great he is.

Honestly, I wish he would just shut up. What exactly is his purpose? I just don't see the point in airing stuff like this out. It's only going to increase the number of personal questions asked 10-fold. Any objective person knows that Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, far from it. So is Greg Jennings. I'll never forget how often he would whine to the refs. There's not a single player in the NFL or person that is perfect. They all have flaws, and are going to rub some people the wrong way. I really don't see the point in bringing all that to the media, unless the player just feeds off the attention. I don't expect the Vikings to be winning a whole lot, so perhaps that kind of attention is all Greg will get now.

Either way, just shut up Greg. If you have some issue with Aaron Rodgers, be a man and talk to him about it. We don't need to hear your guy's dirty laundry. He sounds like a cry-baby.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

If the guys want to trash talk each other, if they want to kid around and rib one another I don't mind it at all. It is really stupid to do so via the press. It makes him look petty.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
10 years ago
Who cares what he has to say the media will blow it out of proportion looking for a story anyway the hasnt been the same for awhile due to injury bugs we get more jones and Cobb and will be just fine !!
jimmy b.
Formo
10 years ago
lol You guys keep assuming he's the one bringing up Rodgers in these interviews. You do realize that he's being ASKED about A-Rod, and the quotes you are seeing are his responses, right?

I love the back and forth. Just adds spice to the rivalry.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
steveishere
10 years ago

lol You guys keep assuming he's the one bringing up Rodgers in these interviews. You do realize that he's being ASKED about A-Rod, and the quotes you are seeing are his responses, right?

I love the back and forth. Just adds spice to the rivalry.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Calling BS on this. Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face, he's going out of his way to do it. The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child. There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.
DoddPower
10 years ago

Calling BS on this. Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face, he's going out of his way to do it. The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child. There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

lol, I agree. Formo must think that Greg must give a long criticizing answer to every question the media asks. What a joke. It would be easier for him to just to "next question," "No comment," or any other number of things than to give detailed explanations of his OPINION. As I said, what does he hope answering those types of questions will achieve? It can only bring about negative things, so what's the point? The Green Bay Packers business is the Green Bay Packers, not Greg Jennings nor the Vikings, and Vice-versa. Greg is obviously either looking to get some extra attention or is just butt-hurt and being a baby publicly, for some reason. Keep the focus on the Vikings, Craig.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Formo
10 years ago

Calling BS on this.

Go ahead, doesn't make it any less true.

Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face,

No, he doesn't. But he's obliging the question asker with an answer. Truthful? Who knows.

he's going out of his way to do it.

False.

The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child.

Says the green and gold wearing fan... hahaha

There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.

I don't know much about the 'old Greg'. I just know that his quotes are taken out of context. What you read in these articles are simply his responses to direct questions. You can call him whatever you want, that's fine. What we are seeing now isn't anything new in the NFL.. Hell, or even between our two teams.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dingus
10 years ago
I was reading the Wilde article about GJ's, IMO, sour grapes about the Pack and this quote from Aaron during the off season struck me as something that might have pissed him off:

“Obviously the big throws and catches in the Super Bowl, a couple of my biggest throws and best throws of my life, and he was on the other end of them. It’s been great throwing to him, but there’s a lot of guys who may or may not get paid the next few years, and obviously with Jordy (Nelson) and his contract situation, I think you have to think about whether or not there’s room for all of us. If there’s not, obviously you wish Greg the best. He’s a great guy and will be a great friend.”

I know it's not much but It seemed to me at the time as something 12 said that could have stuck in his craw.
blank
DoddPower
10 years ago

I don't know much about the 'old Greg'. I just know that his quotes are taken out of context. What you read in these articles are simply his responses to direct questions. You can call him whatever you want, that's fine. What we are seeing now isn't anything new in the NFL.. Hell, or even between our two teams.

It doesn't matter if the quotes are "taken out of context", or not. The reality is he's still saying a bunch of crap that really has no business being said, imo. Perhaps you feel differently. The media will ask any and all questions possible, it doesn't mean all, or any, of them need to be answered. Many in the NFL gloss over certain questions that they are routinely asked. It may annoy some fans, but there's a good reason behind it. There's absolutely no benefit in saying certain things to reporters, except for the reporters themselves. I prefer players to keep their comments about certain things between the players and coaches, especially when it comes to other teams. Of course, the Vikings certainly have an odd, albeit loser, way of going about things, so it doesn't surprise me they have already rubbed off on Greg. As McCarthy said, something happens when players put on purple. Being a perennial failure is contagious.
steveishere
10 years ago

Go ahead, doesn't make it any less true.

No, he doesn't. But he's obliging the question asker with an answer. Truthful? Who knows.

False.

Says the green and gold wearing fan... hahaha

lol, "I deny everything" says the purple wearing fan. Everything I said was true. Do you have some sort of transcript to that latest article that shows he was taken "out of context"? I doubt it, You are just assuming that because that's what you want to be true. If you want to refute what's been written down then bring something to the table other than lame replies like "false". Otherwise you are coming off as butthurt just like your buddy Greg, or am I taking you out of context? 😆