You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:37:29 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Honestly I just don't think Jennings knows how to handle a lot of these questions. He just really speaks bluntly which I like.

And YES Rodgers started it. That Jennings who thing was in jest but if I am Jennings and I heat that... that is a war signal as far as I am concerned. Game on!


Greg Jennings started it by allowing his sister to have a Twitter account! We can't allege Mr. Rodgers is guilty of anything of any wrong doing!!!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online steveishere  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:46:35 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,242
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 600

I don't know it seemed like Jennings whole career he sold himself as the humble classy guy who let his game do the talking. Lately he's coming off as a bitter guy whose decided to let his mouth do some of the talking. Like he's done a complete 180 personality wise or else he was just being fake before. He keeps talking about how he's such a team guy but sounds jealous of his teammates success and thinks he should have gotten more credit himself.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Pack93z on 7/25/2013(UTC), Zero2Cool on 7/25/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 7/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:49:27 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I don't know it seemed like Jennings whole career he sold himself as the humble classy guy who let his game do the talking. Lately he's coming off as a bitter guy whose decided to let his mouth do some of the talking. Like he's done a complete 180 personality wise or else he was just being fake before. He keeps talking about how he's such a team guy but sounds jealous of his teammates success and thinks he should have gotten more credit himself.


Stated perfectly..
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:03:34 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,511
Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 133
Applause Received: 199

I don't it is about that. I think it is an excuse answer. He is obviously the star in MN, so he gets asked about it and that is how he really has to answer. Every player should be confident in their abilities. He was dumped because we have enough guys and not enough money to pay them all at this time.

He had a chance to go somewhere where he will be THE guy so if then he goes around and says this gives me the ability to be the go-to guy then there is nothing wrong with him saying that at all.

NOW how funny will it be if Jerome Simpson steps up his game and turns into the guy. You just never know.

As I said, let the games decide it!

Edited by user Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:17:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Online steveishere  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:24:28 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,242
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I don't it is about that. I think it is an excuse answer. He is obviously the star in MN, so he gets asked about it and that is how he really has to answer. Every player should be confident in their abilities. He was dumped because we have enough guys and not enough money to pay them all at this time.

He had a chance to go somewhere where he will be THE guy so if then he goes around and says this gives me the ability to be the go-to guy then there is nothing wrong with him saying that at all.

NOW how funny will it be if Jerome Simpson steps up his game and turns into the guy. You just never know.

As I said, let the games decide it!


No he can answer those questions easily without throwing shots at Rodgers or GB. He's going out of his way to criticize. He's not acting at all like the Greg Jennings he was in GB. That's what bothers people. If Finley went to another team and acted like that nobody would be surprised and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/25/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:55:27 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,582
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Well, at least Jennings doesn't have to worry about his new QB constantly hearing how great he is.

Honestly, I wish he would just shut up. What exactly is his purpose? I just don't see the point in airing stuff like this out. It's only going to increase the number of personal questions asked 10-fold. Any objective person knows that Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, far from it. So is Greg Jennings. I'll never forget how often he would whine to the refs. There's not a single player in the NFL or person that is perfect. They all have flaws, and are going to rub some people the wrong way. I really don't see the point in bringing all that to the media, unless the player just feeds off the attention. I don't expect the Vikings to be winning a whole lot, so perhaps that kind of attention is all Greg will get now.

Either way, just shut up Greg. If you have some issue with Aaron Rodgers, be a man and talk to him about it. We don't need to hear your guy's dirty laundry. He sounds like a cry-baby.
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:44:15 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,894
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Well, at least Jennings doesn't have to worry about his new QB constantly hearing how great he is.

Honestly, I wish he would just shut up. What exactly is his purpose? I just don't see the point in airing stuff like this out. It's only going to increase the number of personal questions asked 10-fold. Any objective person knows that Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, far from it. So is Greg Jennings. I'll never forget how often he would whine to the refs. There's not a single player in the NFL or person that is perfect. They all have flaws, and are going to rub some people the wrong way. I really don't see the point in bringing all that to the media, unless the player just feeds off the attention. I don't expect the Vikings to be winning a whole lot, so perhaps that kind of attention is all Greg will get now.

Either way, just shut up Greg. If you have some issue with Aaron Rodgers, be a man and talk to him about it. We don't need to hear your guy's dirty laundry. He sounds like a cry-baby.


If the guys want to trash talk each other, if they want to kid around and rib one another I don't mind it at all. It is really stupid to do so via the press. It makes him look petty.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline nyrpack  
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:24:20 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 733
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 39

Who cares what he has to say the media will blow it out of proportion looking for a story anyway the hasnt been the same for awhile due to injury bugs we get more jones and Cobb and will be just fine !!
jimmy b.
Offline Formo  
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:27:10 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

lol You guys keep assuming he's the one bringing up Rodgers in these interviews. You do realize that he's being ASKED about A-Rod, and the quotes you are seeing are his responses, right?

I love the back and forth. Just adds spice to the rivalry.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Online steveishere  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:03:56 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,242
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
lol You guys keep assuming he's the one bringing up Rodgers in these interviews. You do realize that he's being ASKED about A-Rod, and the quotes you are seeing are his responses, right?

I love the back and forth. Just adds spice to the rivalry.


Calling BS on this. Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face, he's going out of his way to do it. The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child. There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 7/25/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:20:48 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,582
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Calling BS on this. Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face, he's going out of his way to do it. The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child. There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.


lol, I agree. Formo must think that Greg must give a long criticizing answer to every question the media asks. What a joke. It would be easier for him to just to "next question," "No comment," or any other number of things than to give detailed explanations of his OPINION. As I said, what does he hope answering those types of questions will achieve? It can only bring about negative things, so what's the point? The Green Bay Packers business is the Green Bay Packers, not Greg Jennings nor the Vikings, and Vice-versa. Greg is obviously either looking to get some extra attention or is just butt-hurt and being a baby publicly, for some reason. Keep the focus on the Vikings, Craig.

Butt Hurt

The Reason He's Butt Hurt
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 7/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:45:57 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Calling BS on this.


Go ahead, doesn't make it any less true.

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face,


No, he doesn't. But he's obliging the question asker with an answer. Truthful? Who knows.

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
he's going out of his way to do it.


False.

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child.


Says the green and gold wearing fan... hahaha

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.


I don't know much about the 'old Greg'. I just know that his quotes are taken out of context. What you read in these articles are simply his responses to direct questions. You can call him whatever you want, that's fine. What we are seeing now isn't anything new in the NFL.. Hell, or even between our two teams.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dingus  
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:50:02 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 426
Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 12

I was reading the Wilde article about GJ's, IMO, sour grapes about the Pack and this quote from Aaron during the off season struck me as something that might have pissed him off:

“Obviously the big throws and catches in the Super Bowl, a couple of my biggest throws and best throws of my life, and he was on the other end of them. It’s been great throwing to him, but there’s a lot of guys who may or may not get paid the next few years, and obviously with Jordy (Nelson) and his contract situation, I think you have to think about whether or not there’s room for all of us. If there’s not, obviously you wish Greg the best. He’s a great guy and will be a great friend.”

I know it's not much but It seemed to me at the time as something 12 said that could have stuck in his craw.
blank
Offline DoddPower  
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:01:30 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,582
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I don't know much about the 'old Greg'. I just know that his quotes are taken out of context. What you read in these articles are simply his responses to direct questions. You can call him whatever you want, that's fine. What we are seeing now isn't anything new in the NFL.. Hell, or even between our two teams.


It doesn't matter if the quotes are "taken out of context", or not. The reality is he's still saying a bunch of crap that really has no business being said, imo. Perhaps you feel differently. The media will ask any and all questions possible, it doesn't mean all, or any, of them need to be answered. Many in the NFL gloss over certain questions that they are routinely asked. It may annoy some fans, but there's a good reason behind it. There's absolutely no benefit in saying certain things to reporters, except for the reporters themselves. I prefer players to keep their comments about certain things between the players and coaches, especially when it comes to other teams. Of course, the Vikings certainly have an odd, albeit loser, way of going about things, so it doesn't surprise me they have already rubbed off on Greg. As McCarthy said, something happens when players put on purple. Being a perennial failure is contagious.
Online steveishere  
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:06:27 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,242
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Go ahead, doesn't make it any less true.



No, he doesn't. But he's obliging the question asker with an answer. Truthful? Who knows.



False.



Says the green and gold wearing fan... hahaha



I don't know much about the 'old Greg'. I just know that his quotes are taken out of context. What you read in these articles are simply his responses to direct questions. You can call him whatever you want, that's fine. What we are seeing now isn't anything new in the NFL.. Hell, or even between our two teams.


lol, "I deny everything" says the purple wearing fan. Everything I said was true. Do you have some sort of transcript to that latest article that shows he was taken "out of context"? I doubt it, You are just assuming that because that's what you want to be true. If you want to refute what's been written down then bring something to the table other than lame replies like "false". Otherwise you are coming off as butthurt just like your buddy Greg, or am I taking you out of context? Laughing
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/26/2013(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.533 seconds.