Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:05:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,864
Applause Received: 2,032

I'm quite sure that Brett and/or Aaron would have frrickin Madden-like numbers with Adrian Peterson in the backfield, lol.

Greg Jennings wrote:
Brett Favre, receivers around him. Aaron Rodgers, receivers around him. Christian Ponder, receivers around him. He [Ponder] has always been in a position where the stress and pressure was on him. He really didn’t have the help around him to take that load off, outside of ‘All Day’ [running back Adrian Peterson].

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline Formo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:47:30 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Was a great exchange that many will take the wrong way.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:56:25 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Was a great exchange that many will take the wrong way.

I can't provide much input. I haven't seen/heard the entire discussion. After posting this, drove home and on the radio the guys were saying Greg Jennings is coming off a little bit of a sour puss. Which, he is. He wants to be "the guy" and now he is. No harm in that, but why take the shots at the old team? I don't see Desmond Bishop doing that.

UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:54:13 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 158
Applause Received: 110

Found the whole interview on Lombardi Dave. Here is the link.

http://lombardiave.com/2...an-ponder-aaron-rodgers/
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:23:22 AM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Found the whole interview on Lombardi Dave. Here is the link.

http://lombardiave.com/2...an-ponder-aaron-rodgers/

That, again, taken out of context. He can't let it rest? Are you KIDDING me?! He was being asked about it, constantly by Stephen A. Jackson and the other First Take people. Instead of READING the text of the interview, lets actually WATCH it, in all it's context, with the actual TONE that it was said in:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9482508

I know the Lombardi article had a link to the clip, but I'm posting it here in hopes you guys will watch it.

I was excited when I read that he was taking shots at the Packers/Aaron.. Until I saw the clip and felt that it was more of a joke to get First Take/Aaron 'going' than something he was serious about. Also took it as his way of defending his new teammates. Because, lets be honest here, that's what this was about anyway.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:26:41 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

What have Packers WR done after they left Brett Favre and/or Aaron Rodgers? I think Greg Jennings (because of Adrian Peterson) will be the most successful.

The QB's are making the WR more than the WR making the QB.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:45:01 AM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What have Packers WR done after they left Brett Favre and/or Aaron Rodgers? I think Greg Jennings (because of Adrian Peterson) will be the most successful.

I agree.. They haven't done much. I remember having Ferg on the Vikings and he didn't add much. So, yes, as much as the WRs make the QB, the QB also makes the WR. And then you factor in coaching and chemistry, and you get a completely different environment that'll breed either success or meh. And sometimes complete failure. Age and declining level of play also factor in as well.

I also agree that Jennings will be the most successful of the former Packer WRs that moved on, also because of the situation he's going into. But also because the level of talent.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:19:29 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,831
Applause Received: 1,365

Greg or anybody can talk all they want in the pre preseason. It don't mean jack. Let's review in January. If Gregorious has a 3000 yard 55 td season and the vickies go home and watch the big boys continue to play, who cares?
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:44:14 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Greg Jennings "removed" himself from the clogged up depth chart of the Packers.... hmmm.. possibly.

Or maybe.. just maybe.. Greg looked at Donald getting phased out of the offense and thought.. maybe I should look for a spot where that is less of a possibly in the next couple years.

I like Greg Jennings.. I like his faith.. but it wasn't just about letting the other guys have a chance.

Anyway.. do I think Rodgers and Jennings play a little game of jest now and again.. yes. Is there issues between them.. only they and maybe a handful of players/coaches might know.

At the end of the day this game is a business first and friendships are forged in the fraternity that is the NFL and its players. Personally, I like the playful jawing... it adds some flavor, as long as it is respectfully done..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Formo on 7/18/2013(UTC)
Online DarkaneRules  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:22:36 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 312

I for one am reeaaally liking this back and forth and think that it adds a fun new dynamic to our rivalry.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Formo on 7/18/2013(UTC), Cheesey on 7/19/2013(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:56:13 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings "removed" himself from the clogged up depth chart of the Packers.... hmmm.. possibly.

Or maybe.. just maybe.. Greg looked at Donald getting phased out of the offense and thought.. maybe I should look for a spot where that is less of a possibly in the next couple years.

I like Greg Jennings.. I like his faith.. but it wasn't just about letting the other guys have a chance.

Anyway.. do I think Rodgers and Jennings play a little game of jest now and again.. yes. Is there issues between them.. only they and maybe a handful of players/coaches might know.

At the end of the day this game is a business first and friendships are forged in the fraternity that is the NFL and its players. Personally, I like the playful jawing... it adds some flavor, as long as it is respectfully done..

Why do you ignore me, jerk? Crying Wanna Box?

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I for one am reeaaally liking this back and forth and think that it adds a fun new dynamic to our rivalry.

I agree. And lets not forget who started the whole thing anyway.. "Jennings who?"
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 2:32:10 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post

Me TOO!!!
It adds to the "who will win" thing.
Which team wins will give that much more satisfaction now. Just like when "Bert" went to the Vikqueens. They whipped us the one year, and the next the Packers whipped the Queens. Made it more fun to me.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:49:59 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

It is kind of funny to read these comments he directs towards Rodgers.. then read the entire article to see that he really wanted the spotlight on him more singularly... it can't be about team in one sentence and in the next people forgot that I was his security blanket and helped him become the player he is.

Still maintained the primary reason he moved on, as he acknowledges in the article that the Packers had talent nipping at his heal.. but he also wants his name on the billboard more often. Me first.

Either way.. it is still over blown and I still like Greg Jennings.. but his team first guise is a might bit hollow if you read the entire article from paper to the west. Granted.. some of it biased reporting to generate more "buzz" from the writer.

Star Tribune wrote:
Throughout this offseason, Jennings has subtly jabbed Rodgers, rarely calling him by name and referring to him instead as “12” or “the guy they have now.”

“A lot of times when you have a guy who creates that spotlight for himself and establishes that and takes a lot of that, it becomes so-and-so and the team,” he said. “It should always be the team.”

Asked in a later conversation to clarify those sentiments, Jennings expanded.

“For me, I’m such a team person, I’m going to defer to my teammates,” he said. “I’m going to defer to the team, to the team, to the team. And I think when you reach a point where you’re not deferring any longer, it’s no longer really about the team.”

Jennings paused and looked around.

“Don’t get me wrong, ‘12’ is a great person. But when you hear all positives, all positives, all positives all the time, it’s hard for you to sit down when one of your teammates says ‘Man, come on, you’ve got to hold yourself accountable for this.’ It’s hard for someone to see that now because all they’ve heard is I’m doing it the right way, I’m perfect. In actuality, we all have flaws.”
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 7/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:06:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

A player who is worried about talent nipping at heals his and basing that as his reason for wanting out is a player who is insecure of his own talents.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 7/25/2013(UTC)
Online DarkaneRules  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:33:25 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 312

Honestly I just don't think Jennings knows how to handle a lot of these questions. He just really speaks bluntly which I like.

And YES Rodgers started it. That Jennings who thing was in jest but if I am Jennings and I heat that... that is a war signal as far as I am concerned. Game on!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Rss Feed