DakotaT
10 years ago

And as edvidence of YOUR selfishness apparently you can't read or understand what others say. I pointed out that I let this thread go into the political trash can for 4 pages. I didn't comment on how it was diverted. I did agree with a fellow poster when he mentioned it and tried to get it back on topic. None of that is whining. Of course I am sure you think it is because someone dared to not fawn all over every word you uttered. HOW DARE THEY.

The only who seems to be whining to me is you and Troy. grow up.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

You just had to suck me back into this shit didn't you, Wayne? Are we seriously suppose to discuss twinkies? Now that is one boring ass conversation. The fact of the matter is that this topic is about a union being broken up by a reorganization of a company. And that is political, very political.

If you want your precious little threads to just be about twinkies, then don't post an article that details the reorganization of a company along with it. And Texas and I aren't whining, you are.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I ate a twinkie once. No one gave a damn.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

You just had to suck me back into this shit didn't you, Wayne? Are we seriously suppose to discuss twinkies? Now that is one boring ass conversation. The fact of the matter is that this topic is about a union being broken up by a reorganization of a company. And that is political, very political.

If you want your precious little threads to just be about twinkies, then don't post an article that details the reorganization of a company along with it. And Texas and I aren't whining, you are.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I knew I could bring you back in.

Actually Troy the story in this topic was about a lot of things. The demise of a somewhat favorite snack food, the greed of both business and union to the point they both allowed a company to fail rather than do what was mutually beneficial, the ability of a second company to buy the name and begin production once again and comparing a corporation using union laborers vs their competition who uses non union labors. Along with other issues.

I said at least 3 times that I had no problem with you or TX talking politics who after 2-3 posts you made your position quite clear as you have in 10 or 50 or 100 other topics. To rehash ad nauseam the some old stuff repeatedly goes no where.

You may well have read the story but you did not comprehend it. You have claimed several times that the company broke the union and then started production again. That is completely wrong. They sold the business (for a fraction of what it would have been worth had it been an ongoing business.) and a new company is making the twinkies. Are you telling us that they are obligated to use the same people that caused the business to fail in the first place? That they have no rights as to who they hire? That is ridiculous.

And I stand by my comment I simply agreed with another poster who had the audacity to actually talk about one of the other sections of the story which is the snack food. I see you can bitch and moan about this nation and the wealthy and TX can bitch and moan and complain about the left wingers and the President and do so for 1000 posts in every single topic on this board and that is acceptable but if I dare to say something contrary to either of you I am immediately chastised and called a whiner. Well that is nice. I guess I am not entitled to the same rights as both of you are demanded.

I humbly apologize for speaking to someone else and ruining your party. I will slink back into the corner and await your permission to speak.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

Actually Troy the story in this topic was about a lot of things. The demise of a somewhat favorite snack food, the greed of both business and union to the point they both allowed a company to fail rather than do what was mutually beneficial, the ability of a second company to buy the name and begin production once again and comparing a corporation using union laborers vs their competition who uses non union labors. Along with other issues.

I said at least 3 times that I had no problem with you or TX talking politics who after 2-3 posts you made your position quite clear as you have in 10 or 50 or 100 other topics. To rehash ad nauseam the some old stuff repeatedly goes no where.

You may well have read the story but you did not comprehend it. You have claimed several times that the company broke the union and then started production again. That is completely wrong. They sold the business (for a fraction of what it would have been worth had it been an ongoing business.) and a new company is making the twinkies. Are you telling us that they are obligated to use the same people that caused the business to fail in the first place? That they have no rights as to who they hire? That is ridiculous.

And I stand by my comment I simply agreed with another poster who had the audacity to actually talk about one of the other sections of the story which is the snack food. I see you can bitch and moan about this nation and the wealthy and TX can bitch and moan and complain about the left wingers and the President and do so for 1000 posts in every single topic on this board and that is acceptable but if I dare to say something contrary to either of you I am immediately chastised and called a whiner. Well that is nice. I guess I am not entitled to the same rights as both of you are demanded.

I humbly apologize for speaking to someone else and ruining your party. I will slink back into the corner and await your permission to speak.

Yeah, they didn't break the union. 🙄 The end result is there are a lot of the same employees and no union. Don't condescend to me what I comprehend and don't comprehend.

Bobcat did the exact same thing here in Bismarck. And the whole purpose was to break the union.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

There you go again! WHINING!!!! hahahahaha I don't really mind, but it does kinda make you look petty, and I suppose Nazi-like in a way - I would characterize it more like an old maid school teacher hahahaha - chastizing us bad boys.

What this forum needs is a good (and by good, I mean bad) left winger (Dakota doesn't count, because he, of course IS NOT a leftist hahahahaha). You're right, I rant and state the GOOD NORMAL AMERICA-LOVING AMERICAN position over and over, and never do I get any response - doesn't ANYBODY love God damned piss ant Obama and his (in keeping with this thread) Twinkie-hating fat assed wife? - and all I get in reply are a bunch of loony wild-eyed off-the-wall libertarian stuff (with the exception of Wade, whose replies I love, but he is apparently a busy man, and he never seems to follow up with my reply to his reply). Z2C basically recruited me from that other forum which probably should remain nameless - just in case that's against the rules or etiquette for forum bosses or something hahahaha. He should go there - or maybe one of those other many sites he alluded to - and dig up a real leftist or two.

I was thinking about it, and I love this forum for basically two reasons: 1. it's so fast and accessible (that unmentionable forum has basically degenerated to almost being too slow to use). 2. You encourage politics - this recent display of "old-ladyness" not withstanding (that other forum really is run by forum-Nazis or whatever Dakota called you). Just the same, though, you could use some new blood - not to mention losing this anti-politics attitude. If anybody doesn't like something, all they have to do is not read it - rather than whine about it hahahaha. I do that all the time with the boring threads and boring twists that even interesting threads take.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Z2C basically recruited me from that other forum which probably should remain nameless

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

You weren't recruited. I appreciate your opinions interjected into the topics, but I do not recruit. However, I do not dissuade others from doing so. From time to time, I do go and hunt down old members who haven't been on the site for a period of time.

I do not agree with "taking" members from other sites. I do like PackersHome being ADDED to other fan site members internet browsing. I also feel that you can put PackersHome up against any other Packers forum out there and it will be ranked high in regards to site speed, up time, unique features and most importantly- quality of its members.

I was thinking about it, and I love this forum for basically two reasons:
1. it's so fast and accessible (that unmentionable forum has basically degenerated to almost being too slow to use).
2. You encourage politics - this recent display of "old-ladyness" not withstanding (that other forum really is run by forum-Nazis or whatever Dakota called you). Just the same, though, you could use some new blood - not to mention losing this anti-politics attitude. If anybody doesn't like something, all they have to do is not read it - rather than whine about it hahahaha. I do that all the time with the boring threads and boring twists that even interesting threads take.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Glad you love the site, be sure to tell your family and friends and everyone else.

Yes, new blood would be good, hence the above comment. I wish I had time to market/advertise the site appropriately, but I just don't.

Religion and Politics ... no issues with either. The problem is when, regardless of what is going on in the NFL, is when non political/religious topics are routinely slewed off the original topic and morphed into religion or political.

During the off-season, the "Emperor" couldn't careless about topics staying TIGHTLY on topic.

It's worth noting that the "Emperor" doesn't want PackersHome turned into a site that people see a thread and wonder "Geez, I wonder how THIS topic was twisted into a religious or political debate ... lets click and find out!!!".
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

You weren't recruited. I appreciate your opinions interjected into the topics, but I do not recruit. However, I do not dissuade others from doing so. From time to time, I do go and hunt down old members who haven't been on the site for a period of time.

I do not agree with "taking" members from other sites. I do like PackersHome being ADDED to other fan site members internet browsing. I also feel that you can put PackersHome up against any other Packers forum out there and it will be ranked high in regards to site speed, up time, unique features and most importantly- quality of its members.

Glad you love the site, be sure to tell your family and friends and everyone else.

Yes, new blood would be good, hence the above comment. I wish I had time to market/advertise the site appropriately, but I just don't.

Religion and Politics ... no issues with either. The problem is when, regardless of what is going on in the NFL, is when non political/religious topics are routinely slewed off the original topic and morphed into religion or political.

During the off-season, the "Emperor" couldn't careless about topics staying TIGHTLY on topic.

It's worth noting that the "Emperor" doesn't want PackersHome turned into a site that people see a thread and wonder "Geez, I wonder how THIS topic was twisted into a religious or political debate ... lets click and find out!!!".

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

OK, Emperor hahahahaha. I guess I will have to tear up my scholarship - but I'm still not gonna pay tuition hahahaha.

Do you call yourself Emperor because everybody comments about your nice THREADS? ooooooooh

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.