DarkaneRules
10 years ago

It damn well better NOT be Tramon Williams. Most of the other names in the article and previous posts with the possible exception of James Jones who isn't going anyplace until after next season, wouldn't be missed - by me anyway, but DON'T cut Tramon.

Starks has to be the most likely one to go in the short term.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Well that DEFINITELY will not be happening this year. He is the starter and Hayward is good and all but he is not ready for that role just yet nor is Mr. House. That is not the position to be cutting from the top of right now.

That position may belong to the defensive line if Raji doesn't stay consistent enough to warrant his new extended deal. If not then of course a younger player stepping up in the year ahead will determine if we can afford to let him go or if another player has to be cut to keep him.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Dexter_Sinister
10 years ago

Does Sherrod count?

I think Mike McCarthy put 3 guys in order of when they're getting healthy and Sherrod was last. (might not be remembering that right). Yes he was a 1st round pick, but he's got to stay healthy.

One injury that took him out two years. At the end of last season he lost all of his burst and didn't look good.

Green 16 games over two years... avg. of 8 games per year.

Starks 22 games over three years avg. of 7.3333 games per year. That's not a big difference.

Starks 19 games over the last two years... avg. of 9.5 games per year.

Then again Bishop and Starks had the trade rumors... and Bishop is gone. but Stark is already on the field. Another injury and he's gone.

But I say the the best person win... and who knows... Harris could be the one gone and the top other 4 stay. No way to call this one (yet)..... though I think Harris (if healthy) has a good shot at staying.

Originally Posted by: beast 

You can't count Greens injury twice.

You count him out last year and you count his games where he played hurt because we had no other RBs.

Flanigan lost 2 years to injury his rookie year and came back to be a keystone of the Packers line.

No matter how you spin it. Starks keeps getting injured. Green was injured once.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
beast
10 years ago

You can't count Greens injury twice.

You count him out last year and you count his games where he played hurt because we had no other RBs.

Flanigan lost 2 years to injury his rookie year and came back to be a keystone of the Packers line.

No matter how you spin it. Starks keeps getting injured. Green was injured once.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

Green got injured. Then he got healthy. Then the same injury flared up took him out again.

That's twice. One injury, two seasons.

The fact is Starks and Green have both kept getting injured every NFL season they've been in, so far the Packers haven't been able to count on ether staying healthy.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

Green got injured. Then he got healthy. Then the same injury flared up took him out again.

The fact is Starks and Green have both kept getting injured every NFL season they've been in, so far the Packers haven't been able to count on ether staying healthy.

I'm not faulting a guy who tried to come back too soon, because we didn't have enough depth at his position.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I guess you could say the same thing for James Starks. His injury just "flared" up again .... and again ... and again.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

I guess you could say the same thing for James Starks. His injury just "flared" up again .... and again ... and again.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I thought they were different injuries and not flare ups but like I said they've both been injured every single season they've been in the NFL so far.

UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
10 years ago
The same injury flaring up is the same injury.

Wow, does that even need to be said?

That is along the lines of don't use a hair dryer in the shower.
OlHoss1884
10 years ago
I suppose the real question about who the Packers will cut next is What do the Vikings still need?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Dexter_Sinister
10 years ago

I suppose the real question about who the Packers will cut next is What do the Vikings still need?

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 

😠 😞 😄 😱 😮 [roflmao]

Thanks for cheering me up.

beast
10 years ago

The same injury flaring up is the same injury.

Yes it's the same injury but you're using logic is over simplifying it by implying that means it's any better.

QB Brett Favre got lots of injuries but didn't miss a game.

DT Harrell got a couple injuries, mainly his back injury which kept flaring up year after year after year... but by your standards it's only one injury. So Favre got injured a lot more often.

That (while extreme) proves it's not by the number of injuries.

You did bring up a great way to look at it in games and years.

Starks has only played 22 games in 3 years.

And facts are career wise Green has averaged 8 games a season while Starks averages 7.333 which isn't a huge difference.

In the last two years Green has averaged 8 games a season while Starks averages 9.5 games a season.

It's about available and playing level... not number of injuries...and the fact is their available has been about the same (poor).

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.